Stuck-up Idiot Park Chanyeol

U.N.I.

Chanyeol unpacks everything in his suitcases. Yes, not one but around five suitcases in all. It seems like five isn't even enough to fit everything Chanyeol needs in his year long stay here at Mama Shin's Boarding House. He lives a very pampered life as a teen and now he's on his own. Well, not really. He's still under the care of the big and brawny Mama Shin and his beautiful assistant Yoonji-noona, which isn't bad. But still, he's on his own and makes his own decisions this time.

 

The giant gazes around his room. He can't quite believe he'll be staying here. It feels as cozy as his room and he can't help himself from just lying on the bed and lazing out the day away. The heating of the room is quite nice as well. Adjusted to the right temperature that Chanyeol loves for this cold February weather.

 

Moments pass by and Chanyeol doesn't realize the time ticking away wasting precious hours of his preparation time for college by just lying there doing nothing. All of a sudden, he hears a knock by his door and jumps up from his bed in surprise.

 

"Chanyeol-ah? I'm gonna open the door," Chanyeol knows it's Yoonji-noona.

 

"Ne, Noonim." And the door squeaks open.

 

"Shin-umma and I have prepared afternoon snacks. Would you like to come down for a bit and eat with us?" she invites.

 

"Ne. I will be down in a bit," was Chanyeol's earnest response. As soon as Yoonji-noona left, the giant gets up, takes his sweater and wears it over his sleeveless shirt, covering his bare, long, lean arms.

 

As he makes his way downstairs, he notices a few other people loitering around the second floor lounge area. Two females and two males to be exact. One was definitely a male with strong feminine-like features. Chanyeol argued with his thoughts that he was definitely a female but the absence of mass proved him wrong. Beside him is a another lad who looked so much younger than he is, snooping over to the effeminate looking male as he taps away in his PSP Portable.

 

Just opposite of the two are the females. They're both pretty but angsty looking ones, according to the giant's quick judgment. They were both talking to each other like there's no tomorrow which makes the giant roll his eyes. He doesn't mind them much but he bows low and greets them, guessing that he might be the maknae of the house, and ended up just completely ignored. They have their own world, nevermind.

 

As Chanyeol reaches the kitchen, Mama Shin - or popularly called Shin-umma greets him with a saucer of Chocolate Muffin on his hands. He hands him over the sweet and gestures him to sit on the adjacent chair, which the giant obediently follows.

 

"Tell us about yourself, Chanyeol-ah? Like where is your hometown and why you chose our lovely abode?" Shin-umma asks first.

 

The giant sheepishly scratches his head before coming up with a reply. "I actually live here in Seoul, in Gangnam. But the distance to the university is quite the trouble so I chose a place proximate to it. I heard good praises from a friend about your boarding house, so I chose this place without an ounce of hesitation."

 

"A friend?" the female assistant sitting across him asks. "Who?"

 

"Kim Jongin. I believe he stays here as well."

 

"Ah! Yes he does! He stays in Room 6 with that brat, Lee Taemin," the older male remarks with a laugh, proud of his tenant for spreading the good word. "How do you know each other?"

 

"We're high school buddies, Shin-umma." As both shook their head in understanding, they showered the giant with praises for being so well-mannered and pleasant in answering their questions. Giving him a plus point in Shin-umma's record. This definitely made Chanyeol blush in embarrassment. He liked it though.

 

"Oh, I just got a text and it says you're roommate will be here soon," Yoonji-noona informs him with excitement in her tone. "He's from Gyunggido and I believe you'll go to the same university." Chanyeol mouths a really and the older female gives him an affirmative. Chanyeol was both excited and nervous to meet the person he'll be spending the rest of his university life with. Hope he doesn't piss me off, he fusses in his head.


Without a second delay after that conversation, the doorbell rings. Both Shin-umma and Yoonji-noona rush to the door and Chanyeol could feel their excitement as he follows closely behind. Before the person could even talk or greet, for that matter, Yoonji-noona invites him in. "Come in, Baekhyun-ah! The door's open~"

 

Chanyeol suddenly felt a ring in his ear. What? The mention of the name definitely caught the giant off guard. A name he least expected to hear. He wanted to ask Yoonji-noona to say the name again but he just froze in place. He felt sudden hurtful pokes in his chest when the front door slowly opens. Thick, black hair slowly peeps through the door's opening and Chanyeol could only gape at the effigy of a male slowly entering the house. No way!

 

The shorter male, named Baekhyun appears with a huge grin on his face and makes a low bow. "Hello, I'm Byun Baekhyun. Please take care of me." Yoonji-noona and Shin-umma were very fascinated at the cuteness of Byun Baelhyun. But the giant at the back was everything but glad to see him.

 

Chanyeol gapes again and lets out a howl. "No way! Not you!"

 

The recently arrived male's eyes slowly widen at the sight of the person standing in front of him. His expression slowly shifts into a mocking grin and greets the shocked giant. "Well, look who the devils dragged in. It's Park Chanyeol!"

 

"Oh! You know him, Chanyeol-ah?" the female assistant asks. "Well that makes things even easier for the both of you then!"

 

Are you ing kidding me?! This is definitely not easier! It's as hard as the bull it is now! There's no way Byun ing Baekhyun is my roommate! The giant makes sure those words don't come out if his mouth and just stay lingering in his head. He forces a fake smile to avoid any type of glances or stares at him and slightly bows at his soon-to-be-roommate without even looking. I need to ask for a room transfer! he firmly decides.

 

Before he could even excuse himself, Baekhyun gives another mocking smile at him, "Chanyeol-ah! Roommate, It would be nice if you could help me unpack. I brought a lot of luggage with me," he teases him with patting eyes. That teasing just made Chanyeol mad but he couldn't just storm off and do nothing with Shin-umma and Yoonji-noona staring at him and waiting for him to help Baekhyun with his luggage. So he brushes off all mental arguments and takes all the luggage he could get and brings them to their room, which was once a paradise but now a pit of hell and suffering.

 

He violently drops all the bags he's carrying to the floor and snuggles onto his chosen bed, the one farthest from the door so that he won't be easily disturbed in his beautiful slumber. As soon as the door clicked a close, the giant musters up the courage to stand and face the cursed face that is Byun Baekhyun.

 

"What are you doing here, Baek?" he fits.

 

"Same goes for you, Yeol."

 

"I asked you first. What are you doing here?" his tone and expression went serious. "I'm in no mood for your ing jokes, Baek."

 

"Well, too bad for you, Giant. This is as real as it gets," he muses.

 

"Don't call me that. We're long over."

 

"Oh really? For me, yes. But for you? I doubt it, Yeol."

 

Chanyeol scoffs in disbelief about what the other just said. "What makes you think I'm not over you, Baek?"

 

"You're bitter, that's why. Just admit it. You still like me," Baekhyun pushes him to burst.

 

Chanyeol is at his wits end already. His face fuming with anger and he can't stop himself but spit out everything he kept in his chest. "Why would I continue liking a sadistic tard like you, Baek? You left me without a word or even a farewell. You vanished into thin air and you expect to brush it off like nothing happened? And now, after two ing years, you come waltzing in telling me you're over it while I'm not and rub it on my face? No way, Baek!"

 

And with that, Chanyeol storms off the room, leaving Baekhyun frozen in his place and a guilty expression plastered all over his face. But Chanyeol didn't look back. There was too much pain swelling within him. Maybe he's right. I still do like him. That's why I still have these painful feelings inside of me. I'm just a bitter and masochistic ! I'm no different from him.

 

Chanyeol brushes past the four tenants who are still loitering around the lounge area. This time, they noticed him speed by, wonder a bit and return to their original businesses. Chanyeol was thankful they weren't nosy fools poking into other people's affairs.

 

He stops halfway to the kitchen to think for a moment. He was practically decided to ask for a room transfer but some mysterious force made him doubt for a second. Then, someone suddenly pulls him back and his lean, lanky body submits to it. He turns around and sees it was Baekhyun with a straight expression on his face.

 

"What are you doing? Are you actually gonna ask for a room transfer?! Are you a ing idiot, Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun whispers angrily.

 

"How does that make me a 'ing' idiot, Byun Baekhyun?"

 

"What is your reason for transferring? Tell me! That I'm your ex who left you in high school? So now what? Now, you're an openly gay teenager with a depressing love story and you want sympathy from these strangers? You're pathetic, Chanyeol!"

 

Chanyeol stood there silent. He has absolutely no reason for a room transfer. Aside from the people who already knew, he's not openly gay and he has no plans on telling anyone about it. He walks back to his room lifeless and not knowing what to do anymore, followed closely by the one-who-must-not-be-named-or-mentioned. He drops his whole body onto his comforting cot but it seems like it can no longer comfort Chanyeol's misery. Not with this other person loitering around in this same area.

 

"Let's be civil about this, Yeol. As you've said, we're long over. Let's put the past aside," Baekhyun suggests.

 

"The only civil thing I can do is not talking to you. So shut up and don't talk to me, please. Just pretend you're alone in this room," Chanyeol shuts him out while his face drowned in his sheets giving mumbled noises as he speaks.

 

Baekhyun didn't mind answering to that because it will lead to further arguments. It's a Chanyeol thing. Baekhyun knows.

 

///

 

"What?! Are you freaking serious?" Kyungsoo exclaims. Kyungsoo is the kind to never swear, unlike his other two pals who seem to make swearing a part of their speech.

 

"Yeah, Hooray... ing Byun is back and he's my roommate," he sarcastically shoots out to the shorter company. Kyungsoo couldn't help but scoff. The four were inseparable in high school. Probably did everything together. Kim Jongin, the smooth dancer. Do Kyungsoo, the soulful singer. Byun Baekhyun, the amazing belter. And Park Chanyeol, the rapper and instrumental genius. They were like a band, except they never really performed on stage. They're just talented as hell and everyone admires them.

 

***

It was in high school in a rainy evening when Baekhyun and Chanyeol were left in school because they were tasked to take care of the music room before going home. Both didn't mind because they loved hanging out there together. Chanyeol would always play around with the instruments and Baekhyun would hum or sing along to his beats and compose songs together.

 

With a heavy downpour greeting them outdoors, both decided to watch and wait for it to stop by casually conversing about anything under the sun which further led to emotional stories and heart-wrenching confessions. After a long heart-to-heart conversation, Baekhyun eventually spoke out.

 

"You know, I think I like you, Chanyeol-ah."

 

The giant chuckles and playfully pushes him. "What the , Baekhyun! That's just low."

 

"I'm serious!" he amusingly retaliates at the giant's attack.

 

"Okay, fine, Baek! I like you too if that would make you shut up." The giant just keeps on taking everything as a joke.

 

All of a sudden, Baekhyun leans closer to him, his face a merely few inches from the giant's. This caught Chanyeol off guard and frozen in his seat. His eyes widen at the sight of the shorter male's face right in front of his. Without any hesitation, Baekhyun plants his first kiss on him. Despite being straight - or so he thinks, Chanyeol didn't struggle. He let the other male's lip touch his. It made his heart flutter. When the shorter male finally pulled out, Chanyeol felt like everything went to its proper place. A perfect moment.

 

"I told you I'm serious. From now on, you're my giant," he marks him, like how a ferocious predator marks his prey.

 

Chanyeol could just swallow a big lump down his throat. He never realized how he liked Baekhyun until the other finally flicked the switch inside him. Without second thoughts, he grabbed him by the nape and pulled him back to his lips. This time, it was more passionate. There was a lot of tongue play and a few caresses but it never went further than that. Chanyeol or Baekhyun never wanted to defile school grounds. It would be awkward. All Chanyeol knew was that, he felt strong tingling sensations whenever Baekhyun would run his hands through his chest and torso. And the feel of Baekhyun's body on his hands gave him same tingling feelings. It was amazing. That was when Chanyeol finally realized he's in love. Fallen madly and deeply in love for his one and only Baekhyun. No other male can replace him. Or even female. He's the love of his life.

***


"Snap back, Chanyeol-ah! Your Americano went cold already and you haven't gotten a single sip out of it," Kyungsoo snaps his fingers to wake up the daydreaming giant.

 

"I'm sorry. I got lost in thought."

 

"I know you're stressed out but life goes on, Chanyeol. It was two years ago, you should have at least moved on, right?" Kyungsoo encourages him

 

"What do you know, Kyungsoo. You've never been left out hanging in midair by the person you trusted the most. It's a dreaded feeling. The pangs of betrayal left a deep scar in me," he vents.

 

"Baekhyun was my best friend too, Chanyeol."

 

"He was my boyfriend, Soo. He was my everything. Do you understand? I was fool for love. Blind, crazy and stupid," he deeply sighs in his seat. "Youth !"

 

"So, what did he say to you when you met?" Kyungsoo felt curious.

 

"Nothing nice. as he is, Baekhyun slapped me with his I-have-moved-on-and-you-haven't crap," he fusses. "Damn it, I feel so pathetic now."

 

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Chanyeol," he comforts the dismayed giant.

 

"Tell me, Kyungsoo! How am I gonna survive all this bullcrap for my entire university life. I will see him everyday! I mean, we're in the same room! We go to the same school! ! What do I do?"

 

"Move on? He has moved on Chanyeol. You should too," was Kyungsoo's quick suggestion. The giant can't help it but slam his head through the table repetitively but fortunately, Kyungsoo was able to stop him before he could do serious damage to himself.

 

"When is that idiotic Jongin gonna come back?" Chanyeol blurts out.

 

"Tomorrow," Kyungsoo replies. "Just make it 'til tomorrow, Chanyeol. Jongin will be there to take your attention off your new roommate."

 

"What?! That long?! I can't wait that long, Kyungsoo! I'm gonna die if I ever go back to that boarding house!" Chanyeol squeals out his frustrations. The poor company just shrugs. He himself doesn't know what to do with his stressed out friend anymore. "Say what, let's go to Hongdae! I bet we'll be able to have lots of fun and do random stuff together!" Chanyeol suddenly invites.

 

"Wouldn't it be past your curfew? If you want someone to get you into trouble, it's Jongin, not me, Chanyeol," Kyungsoo rejects.

 

"C'mon, Soo! You don't want me to die in the pits of hell, that is my room, at this young age, do you?"

 

With a bit more insisting, Chanyeol finally gets Kyungsoo's affirmative. Although, Kyungsoo thinks this isn't a very good idea. It's past 10 in the evening after all. It's rather late. Any moment and their curfew of 12 will strike soon.

 

Travel time took around 30 minutes, roaming around aimlessly and doing nothing at Hongdae's busy night streets around another 30 minutes and eating at the pasta restaurant with a lttle more chatting took another 30 minutes. A few more minutes and Chanyeol will be in deep at his boarding house.

 

"Chanyeol, it's gonna be your curfew soon. If I remember correctly, Jongin once mentioned to me that angry Shin-umma should not be messed with," Kyungsoo informs him.

 

"What?" Chanyeol chuckles at the other's statement. "Shin-umma is really kind, Kyungsoo. He couldn't even kill a ing fly. I'm sure he'll understand!"

 

"I don't think so," the other mumbles.

 

"What? I couldn't hear you!" the giant screams as they continue to converse in the noisy street.

 

"I said I should've let you die in the pits of your hell hole room!" Kyungsoo frustratedly claims.

 

It's 10 minutes past midnight and Chanyeol is still strolling around Hongdae with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo kept complaining about being too sleepy already but the giant doesn't pay him any attention. Chanyeol kept insisting sleeping over at their house but Kyungsoo also kept insisting he couldn't. He has relatives over and having Chanyeol over as well is a very, very bad idea. All of a sudden an unknown number calls Chanyeol. He gives Kyungsoo a questioning stare about the call but he just shrugs and tells him that Jongin never changed his number. He picks it up.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Where the hell are you, Park Chanyeol?"

 

The voice was definitely familiar. Familiar as the depths of hell reminds him. Familiar as though it was an angry call he received from his high school days. it! It's Baekhyun!

 

"What the hell?! Where did you get my number?"

 

"Well, apparently Shin-umma has it and he wants me to call you and remind you that you'll be ing dead if you don't get your here in 30 minutes!" Baekhyun screams at the other end of the line.

 

"I'm not going home tonight. I'm sleeping over at Kyungsoo's."

 

Kyungsoo was surprised at Chanyeol's answer. It was loud and clear and he didn't like it one bit, he mouths "Didn't I tell you you could not!" But the giant ignores him like he's not there in front of him.

 

"Shin-unma is gonna kill you! I mean, I would love it if he does, but I don't want him to go to prison because of you, idiot."

 

"Don't kid me, Baek! Shin-umma is not..."

 

"Chanyeol-ah. Go home. Right now. No excuses," a strong, manly voice says. That was no longer Baekhyun's voice. It was Shin-umma's! That voice didn't sound like it was angry at all but it sounded as if it was thunder shaking into Chanyeol's core. It was scary. Chanyeol could feel all the strength in his knees fade away.

 

"Heard that, idiot? Bye. I'll be praying for your soul!" and he hangs up.

 

Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo with fearful eyes. Kyungsoo gives him an eyebrow raise. "Told you, didn't I? You're really stubborn, Park Chanyeol. You never listen to anybody. Go home now and face Shin-umma's wrath."

 

"How come you know all this stuff and I don't? Why didn't Jongin tell me?"

 

"I told you Jongin would always be the one to get you into trouble. I warned you," the short guy pushes. It was adding insult to his already injured soul. This time, Chanyeol knows he's in big trouble. He never was. Not until now.

 

Byun Baekhyun was the root of everything, he thought. Just when I thought everything is fine the way they are until Byun Baekhyun made his grand entrance. Why did that ing idiot come back in my life and ruin everything?!

 

It was just the beginning. The beginning of his chaotic life. Goodbye, happy days.

 

///

 

A/N

I don't know about this story but I felt like making a different Chan and Baek. This will be more of a fluff and angst mix compared to my previous work. Heavier angst because this is all about heart broken Chanyeol and very y Baekhyun. Yes, I'm gonna pour out my Baekhyun frustrations here. Don't worry I'll put fluff here too! Hahahaha... A lot of swearing here compared to the previous one. Hope you guys like it! :) but then... i don't know... This is still a pending story.. Hehehehe.. Tell me guys if you llike it, okay? If it gets a good reaponse, I'll continue it~~~ :)