The End

TaengSic 탱싴 Last Chapter: Final Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry it took so long. A detailed Author's note will be written in the next chapter.

 

Author's POV 

It was a rainy day, the clouds were dark and the rain was poring down heavily. Jessica has always been afraid of the thunder and lighting but today she had the urge to enjoy a walk in the rain. The pale girl walked out of her house into the rain, she had her earpiece on which blasted loud music. This was one way to cover up the sound of thunder, it helped calm her nerves a little, but the lightnings were in inevitable. With just a small rain coat on, the girl skipped in the rain. 

As she walked in the rain she remembered how it rained like this on one very evening just 2 years ago. Back in Korea. 

 

Flashback

The dormitory was filled with the members pacing around. Fir every few minutes, their cell phones would rang loudly. And they would engage in a phone conversation with whoever was over the other end of the line. Everyone was busy except for Jessica. 

She had some idea of what was happening but she wasn't quite sure. Jessica tried to convince herself that the company would never pull the plugs on her, it would be too cruel.

The girl was lost in her thoughts when the telephone in the dorm rang loudly. It caught everyone's attention and the room fell into absolute silence, other than the ringing of the telephone of course. 

Everyone stood rooted onto the ground, knowing that only one person would call the dorm's number. It was the company's CEO. 

Taeyeon who was the leader ended up being the one to represent the 9 girls. The oldest girl made her way to the phone and picked it up, outing an end to the phone's ringing. 

"H-Hello?" Taeyeon spoke out with a cracked voice. was dry and the fear of hearing some bad news was clouding her head. 

"Put it on loud speaker." The CEO's voice was cold, and his intentions was clear. 

Taeyeon put the phone on loud speaker. And the CEO continued. 

"Do you all know why I called at this hour?"

It was close to midnight. The girls heard the question clearly but all remained silent. 

"I'll make it short and simple so everyone can get some rest before flying off later for your fan-meeting. Jessica? Are you there" the words were direct and the last few words sent a chill down everyone's spine. 

"You will no longer be part of the group anymore, halt all activities and take a break. The company will prepare you for other things." What the CEO said was cruel, it was everything the girls feared of hearing. 

"I-" Jessica wanted to continue something but the CEO was quick, an he cut the girl off and continued. 

"The decision is final, have a good rest. The company will make the announcement tomorrow." 

And like that, the call ended. Some of the girls broke down into tears immediately, and Jessica being herself went forward immediately to reassure the girls who were bawling their eyes out. However it only made the girls cry even louder. Jessica had always been a caring women, especially when it comes to her members. 

The idea of Jessica leaving the group seemed surreal for the girls, everyone of them wishes that this was merely a bad nightmare, but everything was very real. The company had just decided to ruin a group going strong for years. The bonds that they had, the sisterly love, it was not just for show. Never have they realise that this special bond that they shared would be broken by the very company that placed them together in the first place. 

Jessica gave a fake smile, and left the room. Despite raining heavily outside, Jessica still made her way out to the balcony to get some fresh air. The smell of rain calms her down sometime. She was still puzzled with the company's decision to kick her out just because of her plan to venture into the fashion industry. She wonders if those years with the company even meant anything. The company was even the one who's always encouraging artist to start a brand, and now that she did it, she got punished for it.

The girl laughed out hysterically in disbelief, not a very loud laugh to startle the members. But loud enough for Taeyeon who was just standing behind to sliding glass door to hear. 

It broke Taeyon's hear to see the girl acting like this. She was the leader, it was her duty to look out for them and protect them but she wasn't able to do anything. It was a direct order from the higher ups. 

It hurt Taeyeon even more to know that she couldn't do anything for Jessica, the girls whom she was madly in love with. The company made a decision that was aimed directly at Jessica, yet she wasn't able to protect the woman she love from it. 

Taeyeon slides the door open and gave the younger girl a tight back hug. 

"Sica-ah~" Taeyeon called out softly, the hint of sadness in the girl's voice was obvious. 

"It's alright Taengoo~ Don't be like this."

"I know you are suffering sica-ya, stop acting as if you weren't bothered by their plans." Taeyeon released Jessica and turned her around so they are facing each other now. 

"I am hurt, but what can I do? My days are numbered, they are gonna make me leave you all, send me somewhere else. And soon you'll be in someone else's embrace. I'll no longer be the one that brings you joy anymore.." Jessica pulled Taeyeon into a tight embrace. Speaking softly, her voice cracking in between. 

There was a distinct silent in between the two girls, as the thought of their own future without the other sunk into their heads. The bothe of them just stood there in silence for sometime before Taeyeon pulled apart and broke the silence. 

"Why don't we run away? Just the both of us."

End of Flashback

 

But it never happened.

Life was not a fairytale, it would be great if it was but it wasn't. Their life did ended up like some Korean drama though, those drama that would make ahjumma bawl their eyes out throughout the whole series. 

Taeyeon and Jessica did actually plan to run away together. It was a detailed plan, to run off from the company despite under contract. It was a little obvious and the other members soon joined in to run away, start anew somewhere, maybe create their own label like their Shinhwa seniors. 

But things didn't went well. Jessica waited at the airport for everyone to arrive and leave together as 9 to the states. Jessica gave up on her booked flight to wait for the members just in case the girls were late, but nobody came. 

In the end Jessica went on the next flight available and flew straight back home to San Francisco.

For 2 years, she stayed at home, although there were occasional trips back to Korea for her expanding fashion brand. Jessica had never spoke to any of the girls again. 

There was no calls exchanged, they ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter