final.

we're hopeless

it’s just another day where sungjong comes over after school to play video games (more like complain while sungyeol plays video games) when he says something Completely Out Of The Ordinary.

“hyung,” sungjong huffs. “i like you.”

sprite bubbles out of sungyeol’s gaping mouth and his friend looks at him in disgust. “did you just-”

“i like you,” sungjong repeats. he sniffs in disdain as sungyeol hurriedly wipes his chin. “well? aren’t you going to do something?”

“but like- i mean- it’s not my fault you like me. i’m just. confused? i mean. yeah.”

sungjong looks Very Unimpressed.

“confused on what?” sungjong demands. “i told you, plain and simple enough for you to understand. i. like. you.”

“uh.” sungyeol feels stupid. “why?”

his friend hums in thought. “well. you’re pretty cute. you have a nice height. you have good skin complexion as well.” sungjong’s face grows red. “and you always bend down to pet every stray animal you see and you fall asleep in class too much and you share your favorite things with me. you’re just so sungyeol. how could i not like you? it’s difficult, especially since you’re so dumb.”

“hey!” sungyeol protests, but he knows it’s true. he never really notices anything. but…

“i like you, too,” he blurts out, then slaps both hands over his mouth. god. he has no tact. he wanted to be more suave, and maybe keep sungjong on his toes a bit before he revealed his secret, but no, he just-

soft, insisting lips cover his own and sungyeol wraps arms around sungjong’s slight body to bring him closer, closer, even though they’ve been together for so many years it seems impossible. but sungyeol’s willing to try.

sungjong sighs into his mouth and pulls away, smiling brilliantly. it makes sungyeol’s heart flutter.

“we should do that more often,” sungjong remarks, leaning back on sungyeol’s bed.

“yeah,” sungyeol says, “definitely,” and bends down to kiss sungjong again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

i love writing short little infinite stories it makes me feel good