I Love You

Rules Of Marriage

[ Author's POV ]

Hyun Ae walked into the living room. She threw her bag onto the sofa and sat onto the floor; leaning her back body against the sofa. Hyun Ae heaved a sigh as she hugged her knees. Burying her face between her knees and chest, she bit her lower lip. "Why?"she thought and gulped. Kibum's words were playing in her mind continuosly.

"I should be happy when Kibum oppa confessed to me. But- why didn't I felt anything? Instead, I felt that he- shouldn't confess his love to me."she thought again and gulped. Hyun Ae flung her head backward; resting it onto the sofa as she frowned. She took a glance at the cabinet and observed a picture frame which happened to has Kevin's picture in it.

She gulped and slowly, her hand reached for the picture. Hyun Ae sat back onto the floor and caressed Kevin's image in the picture. Her heart started to beat again, like it always happen whenever she saw Kevin.

"Is it because- I love him?"she thought. Her grip onto the picture tighten. "Is it because- I really love him?"she thought once again and gulped. Tears were forming in her eyes. She knows it now. The fact that why her heart beats faster and her weird feeling whenever she's with him. It's because she had fall in love with him, Kevin Woo.

"I- I love you, Ke-Kevin."she mumbled toward the picture. Soon, her tears escaped from her eyes and landed exactly on his picture. Hyun Ae buried his picture into her chest as if it was the most memorable yet precious treasure for her. Why does it felt so hurt? Why did she need to fall in love with him when she really hates him at the same time?

Why did the love need to be so cruel?

----

Kevin heaved a sigh when he was at the balcony. He buried his face into his hands and sighed once again. "How much longer do I need to wait?"he thought alone. But then, he suddenly felt something. Something like he rarely feel. Someone- was calling out his name. Kevin's eyebrow furrowed when he thought about it.

"This is weird."he muttered and bit his lower lip. Someone's face started to draw in his mind, and it happens to be her. Why did he felt something's weird again? Did she really- calling for him? "Aish, maybe it's just my own imagination."he mentally slapped his face and sighed.

"Hyun Ae-ah, what could be wrong with me?"he thought.

 

The next morning, Hyun Ae fluttered opened her eyes just to find that she was sleeping onto the floor. She sat up and realize that Kevin's picture were tightly sticked onto her hand. She heaved a sigh and gulped. "I guess I've realize something that I shouldn't last night."she thought and sigh in defeated.

She put back the picture onto the cabinet and get ready for her school. Hyun Ae tiredly walked toward her school. Today, she felt like her way to school is getting longer and longer. She heaved a sigh and stared at the road silently. But then, she felt a pair of warm hands covered her eyes. She was startled for a while and gulped.

"Guess who?"she heard a voice. She knew the voice belongs to who and when she turned her face, her guess was right. It's Kim Kibum. "O-oppa?"she asked and gulped. She was feeling nothing other than awkward when she saw him. "How's your day, Hyun Ae-ah?"he asked and smiled.

Hyun Ae looked down onto her feet and gulped. "Goo-good."she beamed as she bit her lower lip. "You seems tired."he pouted while placing his hands onto his waist. Hyun Ae looked up and sighed. "I'm okay."she murmured. Kibum flashed a smile and lift her chin up with his index finger.

"Have you thought about your answer?"he asked and blinked his eyes. Then, the scene of last night quickly played in Hyun Ae's mind.

-Flashback-

"Would you- accept my heart for you?"

Hyun Ae blinked her eyes as if she didn't believe what she had just heard. It's a dream, right? Did Kibum really had confess to her? Kibum pulled away his face and stared deeply into her eyes. "I love you, Hyun Ae-ah. I want you to be by my side."he beamed as he gently cupped her cheek.

Hyun Ae gulped. So, she's not dreaming. She's in a reality. "Bu-but, I'm already- someone's wife."she replied; still couldn't believe whether she's hearing the truth or not. "But you're not happy, right?"he asked back. A sad expressions appeared on his face. Hyun Ae remain silent; doesn't know whether she should response to this.

"Please be with me, Hyun Ae-ah. I promise I'll make you happy."he continued as he caressed her cheek gently. Hyun Ae was feeling reluctant yet frustrated at the same time. How is she going to response to this? She loves Kibum, but why she can't say it to him? What had made a cat caught her tongue?

"I-I,"she was cut-off when she felt a warm finger placed onto her lips. She stared at Kibum silently and blinked her eyes. "I didn't say that you need to give your answer today."he whispered and smiled.

"You can give me your answer anytime. Just take your time to think about it, okay?"he said and winked.

-End of Flashback-

Hyun Ae gulped when she heard it. She felt guilty now since she had realized the one she's falling for is now Kevin, her husband. But, how was she suppose to answer him? "So-sorry. I didn't thought about it yet."she lied and looked down dissapointedly. Kibum heaved a sigh and faked a smile onto his face.

Though he really wanted the answer now, he could do nothing except waited for her answer next time. He patted her shoulders and smiled. "It's okay. Just give me your answer when you're ready."he beamed. Hyun Ae looked at him and a sad smile appeared on her face.

"Sorry, oppa."