Itchy kitty, Grumpy kitty, little ball of sass.

Love and Allergies

Jaeseop comes home to an itchy feline sprawled across his bed. An irritated growl filters its way to his ears from where the other boy has his head stuffed under a pillow. Eli's tail flicks unhappily before a volley of sneezes wracks his body. Jaeseop can't help but chuckle at the other's misfortune as he moves the pillow off of Eli's head. The feline attempts to glare at him for laughing but can't because his eyes are red and watery and he sneezes again.
"Babe, did you take your allergy meds today?" Jaeseop asks, even though the answer is obvious. Eli shakes his head with a sniffle.
"Do. I rad out las' dight ad i forgod to ged bore." The poor feline's head is so stuffy he can't even speak properly. Jaeseop run a hand soothingly over Eli's back, making a mental note to buy more allergy medication the next time he goes out. "Dis ." Eli whines. Jaeseop rolls his eyes and hauls him off the bed. As much as Eli hates it a bath is the only thing that will stop the sneezing, so he hoists the feline up and carries him to the bathroom. They've gone through this enough times that Eli knows better than to try and escape, but he still tenses up and whines when he realizes where they're going.  He opens his mouth to protest but Jaeseop cuts him off.
"Eli, you know you need a bath or it's only going to get worse."
Eli pulls a face and folds his arms, making a point to sneeze on Jaeseop when the next volley hits and ignoring the other's grossed-out complaints, but he allows Jaeseop to carry him.
"Ib preddy sure I cad do dis part od by owd." He grumbles when Jaeseop starts messing with the taps.
"I know, but I haven't seen you all day. Let me do it."
Soon enough Eli is sitting in a tub of hot water, clothes left in a pile on the floor where he knows Jaeseop will trip over them at some point. He whines and nags about being a grown man and that Jaeseop doesn't need to baby him but eventually gives in to his feline side and lets Jaeseop pamper him.
"This is so dumb. Why am I allergic to cats? I AM a cat!" He sulks while Jaeseop works shampoo through his hair. The steam from the water has worked it's magic and he can finally breathe properly.
"At least you're not a dog. Then I'd be allergic to you and we wouldn't be together." Jaeseop says. Eli thinks it over for a minute and grins.
"No more sneezing AND I won't have to listen to your snoring? Sounds like a good deal to me."
Jaeseop retaliates by dumping water on his head. Once the suds are all rinsed out he works a comb through Eli's hair, trying to rid the feline of any hair not actually attached to his head. He knows from experience that if he doesn't get it off now Eli's allergies will just flare up again in a day or two. Now comes the worst part. He reaches into the water and grabs Eli's tail, running his fingers the wrong direction down the length of it to shake off any loose hair. Eli inhales sharply, ears lying flat against his head, but he doesn't say anything. Jaeseop knows it's uncomfortable but it has to be done. He drains the tub and dumps one last pitcher of water over Eli's head to rinse away the last of the loose hair, then fills it again with warm water and even adds some catnip-infused bubbles, earning another glare which he ignores in favor of giving his boyfriend a massage. Ten minutes later Eli is completely relaxed, all symptoms of his earlier allergy attack gone. He lazily flicks a few of the remaining bubble clusters with the tip of his tail and nuzzles his head into Jaeseop's hand, eyes only half open and the tip of his tongue poking out sleepily. A low rumble echoes around the bathroom. It's a sound Jaeseop recognizes as Eli purring, something he doesn't do very often. Jaeseop's hands are getting pruny from being in the water for so long but he doesn't really care as long as Eli is happy. Eventually he gets Eli out of the tub and dressed, towel-drying the feline's hair as they sit and watch tv during dinner. Naturally, being clean and full makes any cat sleepy and before they know it they're curled up together in Jaeseop's bed. Jaeseop's glad he thought to change the sheets and pillowcases earlier so Eli doesn't start sneezing in the night. Despite the summer warmth Eli drapes himself over Jaeseop and lazily winds his tail around the other's leg, tip twitching contentedly. As much as he likes to whine about being literally allergic to himself, he's pretty happy with his life. After all, he has Jaeseop. The thought carries him away to dreamland with a smile on his face and a happy purr rumbling in his chest. Jaeseop stays awake a while longer, just watching the elder sleep. Occasionally one of his ears would twitch while he dreamt, a serene look spreading over his sleeping face. Jaeseop always cherises the time he get like this. Having Eli in his life is the best thing that has ever happened to him, feline quirks and allergies and all, and he will never feel more blessed than he does right now, with his boyfriend curled around him purring like he doesn't have a care in the world. Jaeseop presses a kiss to Eli's sleeping mouth and lets the rumble of happy purring lull him to sleep.