Chapter 2

Black and Blue Sky

Luhan had only just  set down the grocery bag and taken off his shoes when a book came flying at him barely missing his face by just a few centimeters.

"Where have you been?" Luhan's father's shouted at the stunned Luhan.

"I was just at the market to get some eggs-" Luhan didn't have time to finish his whole sentence before he was thrown onto the floor. 

"No excuses, don't you even know how to apologize?" 

"But Father I-" Again Luhan was cut off but this time by a slap in the face.

"Don't you dare talk back to me!" With that the beating began. Luhan tried to shield his head as his father kicked him again and again. Luhan knew from experience that each kick would leave him with a large bruise that would last days. It was during times like this that Luhan wanted to cry out and shout for help but he knew that help never came. He was alone and there was nothing he could do besides wait for it to be over. It wasn't long before the kicking stopped but Luhan didn't move until he heard the sound of the door to his father's study slamming shut. Luhan gingerly picked himself off the floor flinching every once and a while at the pain. Usually he would go to his room to clean off the blood but there was no blood today so he picked up the grocery bag and made his way to the kitchen to prepare dinner. He did not want to give his father another reason to hurt him. After moments like these Luhan would aways be conflicted. One side of him told him that he needed to find help, the other side was always quick to remind himself that there was no one who would help him. With a small sigh and more strength than he felt Luhan began to prepare dinner.


"And then Jongin began to snore so the teacher threw a piece of chalk at him but it hit Tao instead."

"It really hurt you know!!!"

"I woke up from the scream I though one of the girls was getting murdered but it was just Tao being Tao."

The everyone at the table broke up into loud laughter, everyone beside Minseok who was picking at his food.

"Minseok?" He looked up at the direction of the voice and saw that everyone at the table was staring at him. "Is everything alright?" asked Yixing the person who called out his name.

"You haven't been this quiet in a while." Junmyun said staring at his childhood friend.

"I'm reflecting on how much of a jerk I am." Minseok said as he continued to stab at his salad.

"I thought you were the least jerky out of all of us?" Tao said as he stared at the elder with his eyebrowshed up in confusion.

"I don't think you can say someone is the least jerky Tao and no that would be Yixing not me.'' Minseok replied as he wondered if there was a point in telling his friends about Luhan. Since Yixing was in the same year as the mysterious Luhan he would know a few things about him.

"I need to go see the science teacher I'll see you guys later then." Yixing said as he stood up.

"Let me go with you." Minseok said as he stood up quickly and ushered Yixing away before any of the others could make a sound.

"Is he being weird or is it just me?" 

"Shut up and eat your food Jongin"


"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Yixing asked as the two of them walked along the corridor. "You don't usually follow me unless there is something bothering you." was Yixing's reply to the surprised stare that Minseok gave.

"Well…do you know a kid  named Luhan? He's in your year I think."

"Yeah he's in my homeroom class."

"Really? But I've never seen him there when we drop you off."

"He sits next to Hyuna who usually has a flock of girls surrounding the area. You don't really see that half of the class room until the teacher comes in."

"Oh."

"So is there a reason you're asking about Luhan?"

"I'm just wondering…he doesn't have many friends does he?"

"He's someone that keeps to himself. I wouldn't know if he has many friends or not but he is a nice person…just a bit quiet I guess. There are people in my year that like to make rumors about him but I don't think they actually know much about him."

"So he's just one giant mystery."

"I guess."


"Luhan!" Yoora rushed over and tapped the boy on the shoulder.

"Ouch" Luhan said before he could stop himself. 

"Sorry did I tap too hard?" She asked.

"'No its fine." Luhan replied with a smile that fed the growing suspicion Yoora had that things were never fine with Luhan. She pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

"Don't forget to come to my office today as well." Yoora said with a smile before running off. Luhan contented walking to homeroom feeling the dread fill his body. There was no point but to admit that Minseok had indeed gotten to him and a part of Luhan told himself that Minseok was going to get to him again. It would have been so much easier if he had never agreed to the job in the first place.


"I'm sorry." Minseok said as soon as Yoora had left the office and the two of them were alone. The apology had taken Luhan by surprise so he just stood there staring at Minseok quite unsure what to do. "What I said yesterday wasn't very nice please accept my apology and hopefully no hard feelings?"

"It's alright." Luhan said before working on the files. "What you said yesterday was true anyway."

The two of them worked in silence.  Luhan absentmindedly rolled up both his sleeves as he worked, he didn't even notice until he heard a gasp come from Minseok.

"Where did you get that bruise?" Luhan looked down at his arm to see the large purple bruise that covered most of his forearm. He mentally kicked himself for forgetting about it and rolling up his sleeves. Minseok was staring at him and Luhan said the first thing that came to mind.

"I fell down."

"That's ridiculous! You can''t get a bruise like that from falling." Minseok said as he walked closer trying to grab Luhan's arm to see the bruise closer. Luhan swung his arm away from Minseok as he backed away.

"I said I fell!" Luhan's back hit against the wall as he shouted and he almost didn't notice the pain as panic filled his body. Minseok was one of the person that Luhan would have wanted to know his secret.

"Doesn't it hurt?" Minseok stopped moving forward when he saw the fright in Luhan's eyes. There was no point in forcing anything out of him, that would only make Minseok an even bigger jerk. Minseok knew that if he stayed there he would have try to force the answer out of Luhan. Minseok turned around to leave the office. "If you see Yoora tell her that I'm leaving early." Minseok took one last look at Luhan, "Try not to fall anymore."

 

 

 

 

 


I I know. I wanted to drop this because I wasn't really sure if I had enough ideas to continue it but i wanted to try.