Baekyeol (Part 2)

Bloodstained Love (Side Story)

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry,” Chanyeol says, looking at Baekhyun seriously. Baekhyun’s heartbeat immediately went fast, “for what Chanyeol ah?” “For what I’ve done to you one year ago,” Chanyeol says with regret in his voice. Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol in shock and he doesn’t know what to answer. Has Chanyeol know what happened? “What are you saying Chanyeol? What have you done?” Baekhyun asks nervously. “For whatever I have done,” Chanyeol answers sincerely and takes Baekhyun’s hand in his. “Baekhyun, please forgive me. I missed you so much,” Chanyeol says with a hoarse voice.

 

Baekhyun tries to open his mouth but no sound comes out, a lot of thoughts went through his head at that moment. He didn’t think that Chanyeol would go as far as apologizing for something that he doesn’t even remember. Looking at Chanyeol closely, he realizes that Chanyeol has suffered a lot, so as him.

 

Why am I still doing this? I tried to run away but in the end I hurt not only him but myselftoo

 

Baekhyun takes a deep breath and decided to make up his mind. He is suddenly feeling nervous as he covers Chanyeol’s hand with his other hand, making Chanyeol’s eyes lit up with surprise. “Chanyeol ah…I’m sorry for what I’ve done and said to you all this time. I forgave you too and I miss you a lot too,” Baekhyun says with a smile, a single drop of tear suddenly falls from his eyes. Chanyeol widen his eyes in surprise and can’t help but laugh out loudly. In his happiness state, he pulls Baekhyun in a tight hug while still laughing. “Thank you Baekkie ah…,” Chanyeol repeated happily in a whisper and Baekhyun could just shakes his head and joins Chanyeol in his laughter. Then Chanyeol suddenly pinch Baekhyun’s cheek, surprising the other. “That’s the revenge for you,” Chanyeol says with a grin, already pulling himself from the hug. “Yah, you ungrateful person. Come back here!” Baekhyun says with a laughter and starts to chase Chanyeol around the garden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week after that

 

With Kris and Tao getting closer and Baekhyun and Chanyeol being friends again, it seems that the atmosphere within their group has brightened up too. Agreeing with Sehun’s idea, everyone decided to go to a festival held not far from their school. But of course they should know that it won’t be a group outing anymore the moment Tao and Kris went missing.

 

“I’m sure that they’re with us just now,” Suho says frustrated. “Don’t worry hyung, I’m sure Kris will take care of Tao,” Lay says, trying to calm Suho. Suddenly Chanyeol feels his phone rings indicating a new message.

 

From : Kris

Don’t worry, I’m with Tao. You guys should enjoy yourselves too. See you guys later at the fireworks field.

P.S. Chanyeol please help me to reserve a booth at the Ferris wheel okay J

 

Chanyeol grins from the message, making everyone curious, “It was from Kris hyung. He’s with Tao and told us to meet him later at the fireworks field.” “Then that’s cool. Let’s move on,” Sehun says with a smile. “Sorry guys but I think this is the end for us too. I’m going away with Baekhyun,” Chanyeol takes Baekhyun’s arms. “It’s a good idea, let’s just split up. Luhan hyung, would you be willing to accompany me?” Sehun says while holding out his hand, shocking everyone especially the said male. Chanyeol takes this opportunity to runs away with Baekhyun.

 

Both of them are laughing at the magnae’s antics along the way. “Sehun is really weird, he sounds like an old man. Luhan hyung, would you be willing to accompany me?” Baekhyun imitates Sehun with a mocking tone, earning another series of laughter from Chanyeol. “Ah, it’s too funny I think I might cry,” Chanyeol pretend to wipes his eyes. “Channie, you’re such a cry baby,” Baekhyun teases the other, earning a playful punch at his shoulder. “Alright then, enough of this for now. Where are we going?” Chanyeol asks. “Let’s go ride that,” Baekhyun says while pointing behind Chanyeol.

 

“Ah!!!!!!!” Both of them are screaming along with other person as the roller coaster went up and down at a crazy speed. Then the roller coaster slows down and went inside a cave making everyone thinks that it’s the end. But how wrong of them to think that as the ride suddenly went fast again. Finally, after the ride ends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are just going out went a staff hands them a piece of photo.

 

“Oh no, don’t tell me this is what I think it is,” Baekhyun says with a horrified face. It turns out that this was the photo taken went they were inside the cave just as the ride went fast. Chanyeol is laughing hysterically when he sees Baekhyun’s face in the photo, making pouts. “Yah, don’t laughed like that. You look ugly yourself too,” Baekhyun says when he sees Chanyeol’s face in that photo. “Then we’ll be the ugly couple,” Chanyeol says with a grin, making Baekhyun blushes. “Yah, don’t say things like that,” Baekhyun says embarrassedly, avoiding Chanyeol’s eyes. “Oh…you’re shy. I don’t believe it. Byun Baekhyun can actually be shy too,” Chanyeol continues to tease the poor male, earning an awkward laugh from Baekhyun.

 

Why am I like this? This is so embarrassing…

 

He’s so cute like that

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, here we are,” Chanyeol says. Both of them are standing in front of a haunted house, screams are heard from the outside. Baekhyun gulps nervously and hides it with a laugh, “Yeah, it sounds fun. What’s so scary anyway, they’re all fakes. Let’s go in now.” Chanyeol looks unsurely at Baekhyun but decided to let it aside and both of them enter the building.

 

The moment they enter, Baekhyun kind of regrets his big mouth because the interior inside was so scary. He unconsciously scoots closer to Chanyeol’s side, not aware of Chanyeol’s slight smile. The first ghost that they meet hides behind a cupboard and he suddenly comes out, scaring the life of Baekhyun. “Please, please, don’t come closer to me,” Baekhyun whimpers and hides himself behind Chanyeol’s back. Chanyeol just smiles slightly at Baekhyun but continues to guide both of them. “Wah, that’s no joke. Please don’t come out anymore, please, please,” Baekhyun keeps on muttering on his own while he walks slowly behind Chanyeol. When they come to a narrow hallway, the cupboard that lies near the next door suddenly shakes violently, making Baekhyun screams. This time Chanyeol actually got a little shock too. “Wah, that surprise me,” Chanyeol says while placing his hand on his heart, trying to calm his heartbeat. “I think my heart is going to pop out at this rate. Please, I beg you, don’t come near me, please,” Baekhyun keeps on chanting the same words while looking around worriedly, afraid that there’ll be another attack.

Nearing the end of their journey inside the haunted house, a hand suddenly comes out from the hole beside the wall, trying to grab both of their feet. This time both of them scream as they feel a cold hand touching their feet but Baekhyun is more unfortunate because he stands nearer to the wall and the hand is still trying to grab his feet. Unconsciously and out of fear, Baekhyun just jumps right into Chanyeol’s arm and hugs the other tightly while trying to shoo the hand away from his foot. “Go way, please, please,” Baekhyun pleads and continues being busy, unaware that Chanyeol has gone stiff beside him because of the sudden hug. “Let’s get out now,” Chanyeol suggests after he finally comes back to his senses and guides the other towards the exit door.

 

When they are finally out in the open air again did Baekhyun realize that he is still clutching to Chanyeol. Not wanting Chanyeol to see his red face, Baekhyun decided to stay stills and keeps on hugging Chanyeol. This moment both of them could swore that their heart was beating at a crazy pace and that was surely not from the ghost just now. Suddenly a few giggles could be heard as a group of teenagers pass by them. “Look, they’re such a cute couple,” one of them whispers not so secretly. “Yeah, look at them hugging like that,” another one says, earning another set of giggles from her friends. Hearing that, Baekhyun and Chanyeol immediately let go of their hug. “Excuse me, we’re not a couple,” Baekhyun shouts to the girl’s back. Both of them stand beside each other awkwardly before Chanyeol suddenly remembering Kris’ request. Chanyeol clears his throat before announcing, “We need to reserve a place for Kris hyung.” “Then let’s go,” Baekhyun mutters quietly. Chanyeol bites his lip nervously before taking the other’s hand. Baekhyun on the other hand, was shocked, but made no attempt to remove Chanyeol’s hand. Just like that, they go to the Ferris wheel hand in hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they’re queuing for the booth, the silence has long gone and both of them were joking along. “Why haven’t they arrived here? It’ll be their turn soon,” Baekhyun complains slightly. “I wonder too. Why did Kris hyung took so long?” Chanyeol glances around worriedly. “Nothing happens right?” Baekhyun says, suddenly getting nervous. “Don’t worry. It was Kris hyung, I believe he’ll take care of Tao,” Chanyeol tries to assure Baekhyun. “But Baekhyun, are you sure you don’t want to ride this too?” Chanyeol confirms again. “Neh, I don’t think this suit me. It’s too cheesy,” Baekhyun answers. “Are you sure?” Chanyeol asks playfully earning a light slaps from Baekhyun. “Aigoo, it must be difficult to date our Baekhyunnie, since he doesn’t like stuff like this,” Chanyeol says, casually draping his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun is going to protest but stops when he saw Kris and Tao coming. Out of enthusiasm, Baekhyun accidently removes Chanyeol’s hand from him to waves at the Kristao couple, not aware of Chanyeol’s disappointed face.

 

“Yah, Tao, why don’t you pick up your phone?” Baekhyun asks worriedly. “I’m sorry hyung, I think my phone’s battery is dead,” Tao apologizes, putting on his aegyo face. “Alright, I’ll let you go this time,” Baekhyun says with a defeated tone. “Hyung, we have reserve a place for you. Hurry in,” Chanyeol says. “Why are you rushing us?” Kris asks suspiciously but Chanyeol only gives a shrug. “Hyung, will you still be here when we come down?” Tao asks Baekhyun. “I’m sorry Tao, but we still have other place to go,” Chanyeol answers before Baekhyun had the chance. Tao looks disappointed for a while but decided to forget it, giving both of them a smile, “All right then, see you guys later hyung.”

 

As they watch the booth that carries Tao and Kris went up, Baekhyun turns and asks Chanyeol, “Where are we going?” Chanyeol only answer with a smile and takes out his hand, waiting for Baekhyun to take it. Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol suspiciously and pretends to think. After a while he smiles too and takes Chanyeol’s hand, letting the other leads him to wherever it is.

 

The walk to the place feels short for Baekhyun as his heart was beating rapidly inside of him. Not long then, they arrive at the middle of the festival’s park. There was a big fountain in the middle and there were a few couples that sit beside it. Beautiful flowers were planted around it, with a variety of colors. Red, yellow, blue, white, violet, pink, and much more that Baekhyun couldn’t speak. The sun was setting, spraying a spray of golden lights around them, creating more romantic atmosphere. Baekhyun was really impressed at the view in front of him that he hadn’t realize that Chanyeol has leaves his side. When he finally realizes and looks around, he found a bunch of balloons was tied to a little box. Curiously, he walks closer and after confirming that nobody has come to claim it, he slowly untied the balloons from the box. Watching the balloons fly away, Baekhyun finally opens the box. Inside there was a silver bracelet with the initial C&B on it. When he is going to takes the bracelet out, a piece of paper falls to the ground.

 

I don’t know why and how, but I’m sure with what I’m feeling.

Since I met you, I felt that you’re an important person in my life.

 

Baekhyun could feel his heart burst out at the sentence and he blinks away the tears that threaten to fall from his eyes. A guitar’s sound was suddenly heard and when he turns back again, Chanyeol was sitting at the fountain’s side while playing a guitar. Baekhyun gapes in disbelief and at the same time Chanyeol begins to sing.

 

Being born in the same country

Talking in the same language

We’re so lucky, it’s such a relief

Nothing is for certain in this world

 

On a day that I wore nice clothes

I met you, I was lucky

It’s because I did good in the past

 

After regaining his composure, Baekhyun stands beside Chanyeol and joins him in the song.

 

I can call your name and I can hold your hand

Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy?

You call my name and you lean on my shoulder

Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling?

So lucky, my love

So lucky to have you

So lucky to be your love, I am.

 

It was getting darker as Baekhyun and Chanyeol run towards the fireworks field and by the time they get there, both of them are panting hard. Kyungsoo gives them a curious look and says, “You guys almost missed it. It’s fortunate that you come on time.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol give an innocent smile and move to sit beside Xiumin and Chen. “How’s your little date?” Chen asks playfully and Xiumin giggles beside him. “What date? How do you know anyway?” Baekhyun asks embarrassedly, his ears getting red. “It’s a public place you idiot, of course we could see it,” Chen states as a matter of fact, his grins getting wider.”You’re there?” Chanyeol asks, surprised. “Don’t worry, we only walk pass there and happen to see it,” Xiumin finally speaks, trying to save his dongsaeng from more embarrassment.

 

At that moment, Sehun turns to them, signaling for them to silence as the fireworks will begin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days after the festival, everything was going smoothly for everyone, especially Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They had gotten much closer to each other than before. But sometimes Baekhyun was still afraid that Chanyeol will suddenly remember something. And he doesn’t know his nightmare will soon come true.