Baekyeol (Part 1)

Bloodstained Love (Side Story)

1 year ago

 

Baekhyun was walking excitedly to the library. He and Chanyeol were planning to study together in the library tonight. He smiled when he spotted Chanyeol already sat at one of the tabel with opened book. He quickened his pace and approached the other.

"Hey, you're early," Baekhyun greeted with a smile. "And you're late," Chanyeol added with a grin. "Yah! I'm talking with Suho hyung for a while. You should blame it on him," Baekhyun pouted and hit Chanyeol lightly. "Sorry, sorry. You know I'm kidding," Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun's expression. "I'm not going to blame Suho hyung, he's scary," Chanyeol added with a grim face, suddenly shuddering from fear of Suho.”Why are you all afraid of Suho hung?” Baekhyun chuckled lightly. “You don’t know? Suho hyung has this scary aura around him whenever he sees us,” Chanyeol reasoned. “All right then. Stop talking and study more,” Baekhyun reminded and they started studying.

Suddenly there was a black out and all the lights in the library were off. “What happened?” Baekhyun asked. “I think it’s a black out. Let’s wait until the lights are on again,” Chanyeol suggested. But when Baekhyun’s going to put down his pencil, his finger got pricked by the pencil sharpener and small amount of blood trickled down his finger. Chanyeol who couldn’t see very well in the dark suddenly smelled blood and his vision went red. “Ah, I pricked my finger,” Baekhyun said but suddenly he felt his finger was grabbed roughly by Chanyeol. “Chanyeol what are you doing?” Baekhyun asked scarely but Chanyeol didn’t answer. Instead Chanyeol’s grip on his finger tightened and he made a hissing sound. Baekhyun was getting more scared when he saw Chanyeol’s eyes became red. “Chanyeol ah… Don’t do this. Come back to your sense,” Baekhyun pleaded with tears in his eyes. Getting no answer from Chanyeol, Baekhyun tried to pull his finger away and ran away from the library but Chanyeol managed to grab his arm and push him to the nearest bookcase. “Help! Please don’t do this Chanyeol,” Bakehyun was screaming hysterically while still trying to get away. Then suddenly there was a loud bang behind them and Baekhyun closed his eyes of fear. The next thing he knew, Chanyeol’s grip on his hand loosen and he was starting to fall to the ground but Baekhyun didn’t pause to look at who did it. He quickly ran away from the library as fast as he could.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Baekhyun’s room

After Baekhyun came back to his shared room with Luhan, Suho, Kyungsoo, and Xiumin went to look at him too. Baekhyun then told them what had just happened at the library. Baekhyun was still shocked from the incident and everyone look at him pitifully. His face was still wet from tears and he refused to speak more. Kyungsoo was trying to coax Baekhyun to drink some water to make him relax and Xiumin was patting his back, comforting him. Suho was pacing back and front in the room, “I told you already. You shouldn’t get involved with them,” Suho said angrily. “When you first told me you want to befriend Chanyeol, I already told you this would happen. That’s why those vampires can’t be trusted. They don’t have control over themselves Baek,” Suho added. “Suho, you don’t need to go too hard on Baek. Look at him. He’s still shocked at what happened. I’m sure he didn’t think this would happened too,” Luhan said softly, trying to reduce some of Suho’s anger. “Hung, this is some of my fault too. My fingers got pricked, that’s why Chanyeol reacted that way,” Baekhyun finally spoke. “Let’s not talk about that first. Baekhyun ah, what are you going to do to Chanyeol tomorrow?” Kyungsoo asked with concerned in his face. “That’s right. You can’t be telling him what happened today, right?” Xiumin asked carefully. “That’s what I’ve been thinking. What should I do? I can’t tell Chanyeol because then he won’t forgive himself,” Bakehyun said sadly. “I have one way. Stay away from Chanyeol and pretend that today never happened. This way Chanyeol won’t ever know,” Suho suggested with a heavy sigh. “You’re right hyung. Let me be the bad guy here. Chanyeol doesn’t need to know what happened,” Baekhyun agreed, his face showing sadness, and the others could only give him sad look. Even after everything that happened, Baekhyun still wants to protect Chanyeol, and that shows how much he cared for the other male.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning

Chanyeol has woken up in the library at the middle of the night yesterday and he couldn’t remembered what happened after the black out. When he woke up, Baekhyun has gone but his things were still left in the table and he wondered what happened. Not to mention, his head felt hurt, like someone has hit it strongly. He tried asking Kris hyung when he saw him this morning in their shared room but Kris hyung said he haven’t saw the both of them since yesterday night. Just now when he passed Suho hyung in the hallway, the older male glared at him more strongly then usual. He must have missed something when he fainted yesterday.

 

The he saw Baekhyun in the canteen and decided to confront the other. “Hi, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said with a smile. But the answer from Baekhyun made him shocked as the other male was colder to him today. “What do you want?” Baekhyun asked with a frown. “What happened to you Baek?” Chanyeol replied nervously, he had never seen this side of Baekhyun before. “There’s nothing wrong with me Chanyeol-ssi. Now please let me go, I have a class to attend,” Baekhyun replied coldly, leaving Chanyeol dumfounded in there.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun was sitting in his bed, remembering the incident from one year ago. One year has past with him ignoring Chanyeol and during that one year time, Chnayeol had never given up to talk to him. But he had never replied the other or he would give a very cold answer. But every time Chanyeol always came back again. Baekhyun’s tears fall as he remembered every harsh and cold word he had ever said to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol ah…I’m sorry I had to do this but this is the best for both of us

Baekhyun quickly wipes his tears as he remembered he had promised Xiumin hyung to come visit the new transfer student from China, if he’s not mistaken, named Tao.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the way there Baekhyun sees Chanyeol coming and he tries to run away but Chanyeol sees him first. “Baekhyun, you’re still not going to tell me what had happened?” Chanyeol asks pleadingly. He had been desperate this whole year trying to find out why Baekhyun has been avoiding him. “I’ve told you thousand times that nothing happened. I’ve just suddenly changed my mind about your kinds. Suho hyung was right all this time. We shouldn’t be friends from the start,” Baekhyun says annoyingly but he immediately regrets it when he sees Chanyeol’s hurt face. “No. this wasn’t what you told me the first time we met Baekhyun. I’m going to find out what is it that made you change your mind,” Chanyeol says with determination. “Up to you Chanyeol but don’t regret when you know the truth,” Baekhyun says with a sigh and walks away dejectedly.

 

Don’t hurt yourself Chanyeol ah…Please don’t ever find out

 

Baek, I’m going to find out what happened and we could be like the past again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turned out that this new kid was very cute and he immediately get the love from all his hyungs but unfortunately, he also attracted the vampire and Baekhyun didn’t know how to explain to this kid about the situation. How could you suddenly tell an innocent kid that the school was consisted of half vampire and half normal human without freaking him? Then there was a black out and Tao suddenly went missing.

 

What’s with this school and black out?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After finding out that Tao was safe from a vampire’s attack, everyone decided to tell Tao all the truth. Afraid that Tao’s relationship with Kris might end up like his, he decided to tell Tao the truth about his relationship with Chanyeol. Feeling embarrassed that he cried again in front of everyone when telling that incident one year ago, Baekhyun quickly wipes his eyes. On his way back to his room, he accidently met Sehun. Sehun was the special vampire in the school and everyone doesn’t mind to befriend him. He was a only half vampire and thus didn’t need to feed on blood like the other vampire.

 

“Hi Baekhyun hyunng,” Sehun greets him with a smile. “Hello Sehun,” Baekhyun replies. “Hyung, I need to talk to you about a matter,” Sehun suddenly says with a serious face. Confused of what Sehun’s going to say, Baekhyun follows Sehun to a deserted hall.

 

“What’s happening, Sehun ah?” Baekhyun asks. “Hyung. You need to stop avoiding Chanyeol hyung you know. You’re only hurting yourself and him,” Sehun says. “Sehun, you don’t know what’s the reason for me to do it,” Baekhyun answers tiredly. “Believe me, I do know hyung and don’t ask me how hyung,” Sehun adds quickly looking at Baekhyun’s curious face. “I hope you think well about it hyung. Good night,” Sehun says and left, leaving Baekhyun confused with his own feelings.

Should I really stop all of this?’ 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol & Kris room

 

Chnayeol was trying to remember what happened one year ago but like every other times he tried, he never found the answer. Honestly, all the harsh words that Baekhyun said hurt him very much but he believed that it wasn’t Baekhyun who said it.

 

It must have something to do with what happened that time

 

All those hurtful words didn’t affect him as much as what Baekhyun said this morning about they should have never befriend each other. Baekhyun would never say that kind of thing especially with the way they first became friends.

 

“Chanyeol, wait for me. You promised to teach me how to play the guitar,” Baekhyun shouted while he hurriedly packed his belongings. When he finally caught up with Chanyeol, he was already running out of breath. “Why don’t you wait for me?” Baekhyun asked with a pout. Chanyeol looked sad and he tried to push Baekhyun a little away from him. “Suho hyung was right, Baekhyun. You shouldn’t try to be kind to me. I might hurt you one day,” Chanyeol said sadly. “Why? Because you’re a vampire?” Baekhyun asked ridiculously. “Listen to me Chanyeol ah…,” Baekhyun took one of Chanyeol’s hand, “It doesn’t matter to me what you are because I think you’re a nice and cool person, and that’s all matter. I want to be your friend because you’re simply Park Chanyeol, understand?” Baekhyun said sincerely and smiled kindly at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol sighs when he remembers that day. It was the best day in his life because someone was actually seeing him as himself, not as the stupid monster he was.

 

Baekhyun ah…You wouldn’t know how much your words meant for me that day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later

 

Baekhyun suddenly regrets that he and Tao convince the other to enter the vampire’s dorm building because now he is walking awkwardly beside Chanyeol while the others chatted happily with each other. Things got weirder when Kyungsoo suddenly drags Kai away, making the others wondered. The next thing that he knew, his arm was grab by Chanyeol, pulling him away too while saying, “I need to have a few words with Baekhyun.” Chanyeol leads him to the front garden and both of them sit down on a bench, unsure of what to say.

 

“S-so, what do you want to say?” Baekhyun asks with a stammer. No answer from Chanyeol for a while as he is sparing at the space in front of him. Baekhyun waits patiently while observing Chanyeol has really changed a lot this past year and now he looks just tired. “Baekhyun, I’m sorry,” Chanyeol says, looking at Baekhyun seriously. Baekhyun’s heartbeat immediately went fast, “for what Chanyeol ah?”