10 Days

100 Days with Oh Sehun
 

Everything happened in a blur. One moment, I was happily coming home from school... The next, my parents told me I was going to be married. Confused already? Lets backtrack a bit.

 

4:00pm, 4 Hours Earlier - Minus 10 Days

I was going about doing my normal routine after school when my mum suddenly called. Obviously, I picked up.

"Yah, Raemi, where are you right now?" She asked as soon as I put the phone to my ear.

"Um... At school cleaning up, why?" 

"Get home as soon as possible. Your father and I need to have a chat with you." She hung up.

At the time, I didn't think much of it. Even as I started the walk home. It was when I reached home that I realised something was up. There was an extra car here. One more than the usual two belonging to my parents.

Walking up to the door, I got my key ready. Just as I put it into the key-hole, the knob twisted and the door opened, revealing my dad's face. 

"Back already, Raemi?" He asked immediately.

"Yeah. What was it you and mum wanted to talk to me about?" I responded and then realised he was holding his car keys. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Your mum's inside," He replied. "I'm just going to pick someone up."

I moved to the side for him to exit. Shrugging to myself, I started down the hallway. I didn't get far before I heard a voice call out to me. "RAEMIIIIIIIIII!" Mum. Of course.

"Mum, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Not now, honey. Help me set up the table. The guests are already here!" 

Seriously. Isn't anyone going to answer my question? Guests? So that's who the extra cars belong to. But who are the guests?

"Mum? Who are the guests? Are they important people?" 

This time, my mum looked me right in the eye and spoke quite seriously. "The guests are a family who will be extremely important to you in the near future. They're important to me, too since you're important to me." She then smiled and squeezed my arm. "Good luck. I love you, honey."

I started to get worried. It sounded like she was sending me away or something. Probably to live with that important family. I was about to tell her exactly that but it was too late since she already moved on. 

"Raemi!" She hissed. Already she sounded like she never gave the idea of giving me to a different family. "Help me already. Go get the plates!" 

Nodding in response, I scurried over to the cabinets under the sink. Pulling out a couple of dishes, I realised something. "Mum... Just how many people are we eating with?" 

"Get out seven plates, honey." 

Nodding once again, I counted out seven dishes and piled them on top of the kitchen counter. I was suddenly aware of the aroma of food filling the atmosphere. What were we going to eat? It took me a moment to realise the familiar smell. "Mum..." I began but was soon cut off by a startlingly beatiful lady. 

"Saemi, could you please remind me where the bathroom is? It's been so long since I've been here!" 

My mum, Saemi, turned to me. "Raemi, show Hyunra to the bathroom, will you? I need to finish up here." 

Hyunra grinned at me and I gestured for her to follow where I was going. Heading out of the kitchen and dining room, we walked towards the room near the stairs. 

"It's been so long since I've seen you, Raemi!" Hyunra exclaimed and I got confused. 

"Wait... You know who I am?"

"Of course! Don't you know me? My, how you've grown into a beautiful young lady. Tsk. I wish I had a daughter, you know? Taking care of three boys is plenty of trouble!" 

"Three boys? You have three sons? I feel sorry for you, Miss."

"Miss? Oh no. Please call me Hyunra, or mum! Or mummy Hyunra! Oh, and goodness no! Not three sons!" She giggled. "I have two sons and a husband who might as well be another son." She sighed wistfully. "You're so pretty!" 

"Am I?" I asked doubtedly. It was strange to get compliments from a stranger... But she said she knew me... So she wasn't a stranger, right? Plus, I didn't think it was polite to ask her who she was if she clearly knew who I was.

She nodded vigourously and I blushed slightly before clearing my voice and spoke awkwardly. "Here's the bathroom... I'm going to go help my mum now."

"Thanks Raemi," Hyunra smiled at me. "Please tell Saemi that I'm very excited!" 

Agreeing to her request, I walked back to the kitchen and saw my mum standing at the side, a concentrated and thoughtful look on her face, staring at the table that she had just set out. 

Sighing and shaking my head I said, "Honestly mum, it's perfectly fine. Anyway, Hyun...ra," clearly, it was awkward saying her name straight out, "said that she's excited."

At that statement, mum looked up and offered me a shy smile. "Are you sure it's perfect? It has to be."

"Yes, but why, though?"

"You'll find out soon enough." This time she gave me a mischievous wink. "Could you please go get the guests? They're in the living room, I think."

And they were. Sticking my head into the room, I saw a tall man sitting on the ground, playing around with a young boy. "Excuse me... My mum said that it's time to eat."

The man smiled at me. "Thanks. We'll be right there. Just waiting on wifey." 

"Who's wifey?" The boy asked innocently, causing the man to laugh wholeheartedly.

"It's mum. Say hi to your noona, Sehyun. Her name's Raemi!"

Sehyun looked up at me and then back at his dad. "Raemi-noona is pretty!"

"Is she, now?"

"Yes! But not as pretty as Hayoung-noona!"

I chuckled. "Hayoung-noona? Is that your girlfriend?" 

Sehyun pouted. "No! She's my pretty cousin noona!" 

"Really? How pretty is she?" 

He spread out his arms as far as he could. "THIS MUCH!" 

Just then, Hyunra walked in. "Who's pretty, Sehyun?" 

"Hayoung noona!" 

His dad looked up at Hyunra and grinned. "He was just saying that Raemi was pretty, too. But not as much as Hayoung." He faced me next. "I think I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Seyeol."

I nodded politetly before Seyeol turned to his wife. "Yo wifey, help me up. Raemi said that Saemi was calling us for dinner."

"She's already done? Better not keep her waiting." She picked up her son and exited the room. Clearly Hyunra didn't hear her husband telling her to help him get up. Or maybe she did but years of experience made her ignore it.

Seyeol groaned as he stretched and got up. Woah he's really tall. I literally had to crane my head upwards just to look at his chin. That was hugely contrasting to his wife, who, when I looked straight at her, I'd be staring over the top of her head into the distance, instead.

"I'm freakishly tall, aren't I? And my wife's freakishly short. No matter, together our offspring will be the perfect height!" He told me before following his wife and son. 

With a smile on my face, I did the same.

By the time I had reached the dining room, all the seats were occupied except three. 

"Honey, sit next to me," Mum gestured for me to come over. As soon as I plopped onto the chair, the slamming of a car door was heard from the front of the house. "Looks like they're already here." She got up and strolled over to the door. Opening it, she greeted a man and a boy who was pretty much the same height, if not taller. 

"Raehyun-oppa, we're all ready." 

The man looked up and smiled at his wife. "Ah, really? Sorry we're late. It took a little bit longer than expected to find him." He gestured at the boy beside him.

Together, the three of them walked over. All of a sudden, Sehyun tapped me and I turned my head to face him. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see the boy taking a seat in front of me.

"Noona, I know why we're here, but mummy and daddy told me to keep it a secret." As if it was a joke, he began laughing to himself. His cuteness was too much for me to handle and I too began to laugh softly.

"Dig in, I guess," Mum gave the all clear to start eating and on her right, I could see dad's hand reaching for the fork already. 

Suddenly aware of the food, I didn't know why I didn't realise this earlier. It was pasta. I caught mum's eye and she gave me a look saying 'you finally noticed.'

"Ooh! Pasta!" Hyunra said excitedly. She turned to the boy beside her. "Look, Sehun! Saemi made your favourite!" 

"Is this your favourite, Sehun? It's Raemi's favourite, too! Isn't it, Raemi?"

Mum had asked me a question but I was stuck in my own world...

SEHUN?! My senses started to flare up. It was like an alarm going off inside my body. Sehun as in OH Sehun

I sneaked a look at the boy in front of me and I nearly died. He was the same as ever, but there was one thing different. While his hair, face and eyes were exactly as I remembered... A smirk was dancing across his mouth instead of the sweet smile I had remembered. 

So that's how Hyunra knew who I was. She and her family used to come over a lot.

"Raemi. Did you hear what I said?" Mum nudged me under the table.

I reluctantly drew my attention away from Sehun but not without one last thought. He still looks kawaii desu.

"Sorry, yes!" 

Dad laughed and made eye contact with Seyeol. They both used their eyes to gesture towards me and Sehun. Did they think I couldn't see those glances? 

Clearing his throat, dad wiped his mouth on his napkin and spoke. "Seyeol and I were just thinking that it's time to talk."

Failing to hide a smile, Hyunra resorted to covering her hand with . Clearly mum had the same trouble.

"Now, don't freak out kids." Seyeol said.

Mum took over. "We have some news for you. Maybe you could take it as good news, or maybe you could take it as bad news."

"I'd say that it is good news," Hyunra removed her hand and grinned brightly.

I put down my fork and gave them my full attention. "Mum... Dad... What is it?" 

It seemed like Sehun agreed with me since he looked at his own parents. "What was it you wanted to tell us?"

Us? He referred to him and me as us! I couldn't help but blush. Try as I might, years had gone by and my crush on this handsome guy never failed to disappear.

"Promise to not get angry..." Mum trailed off.

"Yeah... You have to promise..." Hyunra agreed

"Just spit it out already," Sehun sighed.

"Seyeol, you tell them!" Dad exclaimed.

"No, you tell them, Raehyun!" 

"One of you just say it," Sehun sighed even louder.

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!" Hyunra yelled excitedly.

I nearly threw up.

At the same time as me, Sehun shouted. "WHAT?!"

Mum corrected Hyunra. "Not exactly married," She shot a look at her friend. "You two are going to be in a fake marriage-relationship to prepare you for marriage in the future."

"The four of us were talking a few months back and we thought since you two were the same age, and nearing the end of your teenage years, we thought it would be great if you prepared for marriage in the future, together!" Seyeol added.

"Be glad you're marrying a pretty noona, hyung," Sehyun put in his own share of words.

Sehun ran his hand through his hair in exasperation. "There's no way to change your minds, is there." The adults and maknae shook their heads. "Can we at least keep this a secret between our two families, then?" 

"Wait," I turned to him. His eyes instantly found mine and I had to fight my desire to turn away. "You're agreeing to this marriage?"

"Well, if your parents are like mine, then there's no way to change their minds. You should be at least happy that you're going to be in a fake relationship with the hottest guy in school."

This was not the Sehun I remembered. He clearly grew some... arrogance. "Your school or mine?"

Dad cut in. "Speaking of schools, Raemi, you're transfering to Sehun's school."

"WHAT?!" Sehun and I chorused.

"While were on the topic of schools," Hyunra said. "You two will be living together in your own house and start your relationship in ten days time."

Seyeol turned to his wife. "How is that related to school?"

She shrugged while Sehun choked on his water. "We have to live together? It's happening in TEN DAYS?! Mum, what if attacks me during the night because she can't hold back her desire for my handsome body? I have no time to prepare for that!"

"Seriously, Sehun, who do you mistake me for?" I shouldn't have said that. He was clearly not the same Sehun. The Sehun I knew never would've spoken like that. 

"You're gonna keep off me, then?"

"I wouldn't want to touch you, anyway."

"You sure about that?"

Before I could reply, he turned to the adults. "How long is this fake marriage lasting for, anyway? Two weeks? Three weeks?"

"One hundred days," Dad half-smiled.

 

 

8:00pm, Now - Minus 10 Days

Strange, right? I thought my parents were joking but they clearly weren't since another family was in on it too. Even the kid was.

The Oh family had said their goodbyes an hour ago and I was left to think about this marriage. My parents had let me go to bed while they cleaned up. Seventeen years old and I'm already getting married... Fake relationship, real relationship, same difference, isn't it?

Married to Oh Sehun? How bad could it be... Right? 

He's still that sweet guy I once knew... Right?

I won't get by him or anything... Right?

Everything's gonna be fine...

Right?