I REALLY MISSED YOU

I Missed You [two-shot fanfic]

 

 

I REALLY MISSED YOU

 

a/n: this took a lot of  my time before I can finally end the sequel. Ang hirap mag-imagine ng hindi ka-ima-imagine na bagay T^T. Yeah~ This is a sad story~ Sequel poi to ng ‘I Missed You’. Ayun… Happy Reading~

 

---

     ‘Kangin-ah~ promise me that you’ll wait for me, no matter how long…’ These are the last words from Leeteuk before he totally entered the army that day.

 

     Kangin was left inside their room, crying and feeling sorry for whatever bad things he has done to Leeteuk this past few days. He really regrets everything that he has done. “What if I didn’t treat him that way? What if starting from the beginning I already admitted that I really missed him so much? Maybe the heartache that I am feeling right now would be lesser, Jungsoo-yah~ come back now. Jeongmal pogoshipoyo [I really miss you].”

 

     Having nothing to do, he started to look around for something that would make his yearning for Leeteuk lesser. He looked around and searched for anything that Leeteuk might have left behind. He saw Leeteuk's table and in there was a diary.

 

     The date of the diary started when Kangin entered the military. Written in there, ‘This was the saddest day ever; tears kept falling from my eyes. I don’t want him to go yet. It’s not the right time. It’s too early. I can’t imagine every single day without him. I can’t say goodbye now, but I must. I really hate this day, I hate saying goodbye, especially to this one person whom I truly loved the most. May he be healthy always and may he always remember every single one of us, especially me. I can’t stand it if one day he’ll go home and forgot about me. It would be really heartbreaking. I might die because of this.’

 

     After reading the first part of the diary, tears started falling from Kangin’s eyes. Emotions just kept flowing while he was reading the diary. Everything was there. Everything that happened while Kangin was away was documented by Leeteuk in his diary. His emotions and his longing for this person, everything was right there.

 

     Kangin realized that he must do something for Leeteuk because this guy had done so much for him. Being loved by Leeteuk was like the best thing in the world. He was so lucky having received this guy’s love.

 

---

     Every single day, Kangin writes a letter and send it to Leeteuk. But after a month, Kangin starts to forget to send letters to Leeteuk. He started doing his old ways. He was even suspected to have driven under influence again.

 

     Leeteuk, on the other hand, was so happy receiving letters from Kangin. But after a month, he started to not receive letters from Kangin. He was really worried and was afraid that Kangin would forget him and might start to date someone else while he was on the army. So he called manager-hyung for confirmation.

 

      “Manager-hyung, what happened to Kangin?”

 

      “Oh, Kangin is starting to be a nuisance again, he was suspected driving under the influence, I don’t know what is happening now to Kangin, why have you asked?”

 

     “Kangin, isn’t sending me letters anymore, I might…” Leeteuk was cut-off by manager-hyung.

 

     “No, don’t worry; I’ll do what I can. Endure the pain a little more, you can go out in a while though~”

 

---

     “Mwo? Waeyo?” Kangin asked manager-hyung.

 

     “I beg of you please, just write letters to Jungsoo just like what other members do. It would be a great help while he is in the army.”

 

     “Did the members do the same while I was in the army? Even Leeteuk-hyung didn’t sent me letters this many. Why do I have to do this? Am I Leeteuk's mom? I’m starting to get annoyed by writing and sending this letters. In fact, I can’t say anything to Leeteuk anymore; I’m starting to get tired.”

 

     “Please just send letters, even if once a week it will do… Please I beg you Youngwoon-ah, it’s not for me, it’s for Jungsoo…” then manager-hyung immediately went out after receiving a call from someone.

 

     “Why is it always for Jungsoo-yah? I’m the one who always sacrifices; maybe this would be the right time to end our relationship. This would be the best for both of us, since he became so close with Heechul-hyung, he can be close to him now without me in the scene.” Kangin thought. But he is still bothered why manager-hyung is always concerned about Leeteuk.

 

---

     “Kangin-hyung, please send Leeteuk-hyung letters. He had done it while you were in the army, please do it for him too” every Super Junior member asked Kangin the same thing. It’s as if they were hiding something from him because everyone was so concerned about sending letters to Park Jungsoo.

     “Why do I have to send him letters? I’m so tired of doing it. Can I live my own life now? Ask me again about this letters and I might not control myself anymore. I might even forget that you’re my friends.”

 

     That was the last conversation of Kangin and the other members about sending letters to Leeteuk. No one dared to ask Kangin again. They were afraid that they will get beaten up by Kangin once they ask him again.

 

---

     “Why am I the only one sacrificing here? Everybody around me always asks me to write a letter to you, to tell you everything that is happening about me, to send you pictures of me and the other members and to always be with you once you’re given a break. Yah~ it’s kind of tiring for me. I have my own life too. My world doesn’t have to be always revolving around you. You’re the older one between us. Please understand my situation right now. I am not the person who can do all this things, so please I beg you, no more letters until you come out from there. Try living your life without me for a while. I know you can do it. Now, I’ll live my own life the way I want to. Well, this might be the last letter that I will be sending to you. Let’s just see each other again when you fulfill your military duty just like what happened when I was there. ” this was the last letter of Kangin for Leeteuk.

 

---

     1 and a half year later…

 

     There will only be some months left before Leeteuk would be sent out from the army, completing his mandatory military service. Every Super Junior member was excited for the fact that their leader would come back soon and will reunite with them except for Kangin.

 

     Kangin seemed to have forgotten about Leeteuk while he was away. Kangin was always seen in the clubs hanging out with his other friends. He was back again with his old ways. He really didn’t send Leeteuk any letter after he and manager-hyung had a fight about that.

 

---

     “I’m back” Leeteuk was welcomed by every member. Everyone was there. They were all celebrating their leader’s comeback from the army. Everyone was having fun. But there were no signs of Kangin. Leeteuk has been too tired and he bid the other members goodbye and said that he’ll go home first.

     “Take care hyung!” everybody said as Leeteuk waved his hands goodbye to them.

 

---

     Back in the dorm, Kangin was there and he didn’t know that it was Leeteuk's release from the military. He was watching a soccer game when someone knocked in the door.

 

     “It might be the other members. Where did they all go to?” Kangin asked himself as he walked towards the door. When he opened the door…

 

     He instantly embraced the person who was waiting for the door to open.

 

     “Leeteuk-hyung! You’ve come back! I didn’t know that this would be the day of your release. Sorry I wasn’t able to prepare something for you. Hey, let’s eat. I’ll make seaweed soup for you!” Kangin said but Leeteuk broke his embrace.

 

     “Yah~ who the hell are you? And what are you doing here at our dorm? Are you a friend of a member? And how do you know my name?” Leeteuk asked one by one.

 

     “Yah~ hyung, this isn’t funny. Are you trying to get back at what I’ve done to you when I came back from the military? Hey, that wouldn’t work the second time around.”

 

     “But... but I don’t know you! Who are you again?” Leeteuk asked confusedly

 

     “I’m Kangin. Kim Youngwoon! We’ve been together like for years, but how come you’ve already forgotten me just for only 2 years of not seeing each other, yah~ hyung, I’m not really getting any of this. Do you really not remember me?”

 

     Then someone walked across them. It was manager-hyung, “I know this would happen. Kangin let Leeteuk rest for a while. I’ll tell you later what’s happening.”

 

     “O-okay” he said and confusedly made a way for Leeteuk to enter the dorm.

 

---

     Little did Kangin know that Leeteuk was suffering from short-term amnesia, he usually forget things and people when he does not see or interact with them for some time. Now Kangin understands the reason why everybody was asking him to write letters to Leeteuk and to send him pictures every now and then. 

 

“I hope we’ll still be like this after 2 years of not being with each other.” Leeteuk told Kangin.

 

“I will not change. 2 years will just pass by quickly and we’ll be together again.”

 

“Just promise me that you’ll never forget me and that you’ll stay the same. Yaksokhae?”

 

“Yaksokhae” Kangin assured Leeteuk.

    

“I promised him… I made a promise to him… but…” Kangin was crying while holding Leeteuk's diary and remembering the promise that they’ve made to each other before he entered the army. “I didn’t know that this would happen. Why didn’t I listen to manager-hyung? Why?”

 

Then the door suddenly opened, Leeteuk saw Kangin crying so he instantly closed the door for him not to be seen by Kangin.

 

“What is he doing in my room? Is he my roommate? Is he a new member of Super Junior?” Leeteuk thought and went to the kitchen to ask the other members about Kangin.

 

---

“So, manager-hyung recruited him while I was in the army?” Leeteuk asked Ryeowook who was cooking their dinner.

 

“Uh~” Ryeowook uttered, finding words to answer Leeteuk's question.

 

“So you really don’t remember me?” Kangin asked when he heard Leeteuk and Ryeowook talking in the kitchen.

 

Leeteuk immediately turned his gaze to Kangin who was inches away from him. “You really don’t remember me?” Kangin asked again.

 

“I-I d-don’t know who you are…” Leeteuk turned his gaze away from Kangin.

 

“Well then…” Kangin immediately get Leeteuk's diary in his cabinet and gave it to Leeteuk, “Read this. Read everything, cover to cover and REMEMBER ME!!! Please~ Just remember me, okay…” Kangin shouted at Leeteuk even if his voice cracked because tears were forming in his eyes and he can’t help but cry in Leeteuk's situation.

 

Ryeowook was sobbing silently while looking at the couple. He never thought that both his hyung would suffer like this.

 

“H-Hyung if you can’t remember me after reading that then I’ll do everything for you to remember me again. Help me please… I can’t live like this knowing that you don’t me anymore. Please hyung… Please just remember me… Please~” then Kangin went to his room and cried there alone.

 

“If I had known that hyung had that sickness then I would’ve listen to them. But they didn’t tell me any single thing. Why? Why did they hide such thing? I hope he’ll finally remember me tomorrow…”

 

---

The next day, Kangin was surprised when he saw Leeteuk sleeping in the bed next to him. He thought ‘Did he finally remember me?’ He was looking at Leeteuk who was quietly sleeping. After quite some time, Leeteuk woke up. He looked at Kangin. And just like old times, he smiled at him. Smiling at each other after waking up was their routine back then.

 

“You? You remembered?” Kangin asked.

 

“N-not yet… I’m just applying the things I read in the diary, hoping that those things would help me in remembering you…” Leeteuk answered.

 

Kangin’s dream was immediately ruined because of Leeteuk's answer but then he was happy because not only him but Leeteuk was also helping in recovering the lost memories of them together.

 

“Thank you~ Thank you for everything… I’m sorry for making you forget about me. I’m sorry~” Kangin hugged Leeteuk and sobbed in his shoulder.

 

Leeteuk just caressed Kangin’s hair while the latter was crying. “Don’t worry, I’ll remember soon. Don’t lose hope. Everything would be fine…”

 

---

“No, it’s like this…” Kangin teaches Leeteuk the new dance move for their new album. “You’ll be spinning like this and try not to lose your balance while spinning okay…”

 

“But I always lose my balance when I spin…” Leeteuk stressed.

 

“Don’t worry; I’ll catch you if you fall…” Kangin answered.

 

“You too! Stop that cheesiness. Nakakadiri~” Heechul told the two.

 

---

Kangin was still helping Leeteuk to remember him. And slowly, Leeteuk is remembering but he doesn’t want to tell Kangin the news because he’s afraid that his treatment to him might change if he knew that he’s slowly getting better.

 

“What if I finally remember you?” Leeteuk asked unexpectedly.

 

“Then I would be very happy. We can be like what we were before…” Kangin answered.

 

“Would your treatment change? Would you still care for me if I finally remember you?” Leeteuk asked again.

 

“No. Everything would change. But it would change for good. We can finally be together… Like what I’ve promised you before we’ll stay the same even after our military service right? You remember?”

 

“Yeah~ Kind of…”

 

“Why? Did you finally remember me?” Kangin asked.

 

Leeteuk did not answer his question.

 

---

“I-I’m afraid that he’ll leave me once he knows that I’m already okay…” Leeteuk told Heechul about his problem.

 

“That wouldn’t be a problem. Find another one~” Heechul advice him while playing with HeeBum.

 

“That’s not helping Heechul!”

 

“Then… don’t tell him that you’re okay…” Heechul answered not looking at Leeteuk's face.

 

“Then, I would just be lying to him…” Leeteuk's tone was kind of saddened.

 

“Then, just tell him… Face the consequence. You’re the hyung here! You should act like one…” Heechul went out the room bringing HeeBum with him.

 

---

“You finally remembered me?” Kangin asked Leeteuk while they were staying in their room.

 

“H-how d-did you know?” Leeteuk confusedly asked.

 

“Heechul-hyung told me… So is it true?” Kangin asked happily…

 

“Y-yes?”  Leeteuk answered.

 

“Finally, thank God!” Kangin ran towards Leeteuk and hugged him like he never hugged his hyung before.

 

“Kangin, I-I can’t breathe…”

 

“Oh, mianhae hyung~ I’m just so happy that you’ve finally remember me… I’m so happy~ Everything would be back to normal. We can finally be together again…”

 

“Y-you won’t leave me?”

 

“No! Who told you that I would leave… I will not leave hyung again. I would stay by your side…”

 

“Kanginnie~ Yes, I finally remembered everything…Thank you for not leaving me during those times… And for assuring me that you’ll not leave me… Thank you~” Leeteuk tells him the good news.

 

“Finally…” Kangin answered. Tears started to gather in his eyes.

 

“I missed this. I missed your smile. I missed your eyes. And most of all I MISSED YOU…” Leeteuk embraced Kangin.

 

“I missed you, too hyung. I really missed you~” Kangin answered back.

 

---The End---