_ • ㅅ • _

kittens and dirty sweaters

His sharp eyes were incinerating holes into his victim. He knew that stupid brat would bring trouble to him the moment he found the ‘cutie’ sleeping on his favourite sweater, which was now covered in patches of dirt and fur. He doesn’t even know what hyunseung even sees in the dumb cat.

The so called dumb cat was now curled up in a ball resting on top of the wooden table.
“Look at that spoiled cat lying around doing nothing, get a job and contribute to the society”, arms folded as he continues glaring.

At that moment hyunseung walks in with a smile plastered on his face the moment his eyes landed upon his kitten, “there you are calcifer”. For the fifth time today doojoon was annoyed by the sight of hyunseung babying the fluffy intruder, ever since the other found ‘calcifer‘ four weeks ago crying out from in between a pile of discarded card boxes, all the attention had been towards the cat and himself. Scoffing, he rips his eyesight away from them deciding to distract himself with his phone all while silently cursing the fur ball for invading their apartment and hogging hyunseung attention.

 

 

“Joonie, I need you to stay here and look after calcifer for bit while I go and buy some food for dinner tonight”.
Informing the other as he settles calcifer down on the sofa before picking up his keys, “wh-what, no I’ll go buy it instead!” insisted doojoon, now standing up. There was no way he would be left alone with that feline he would rather clean the entire apartment instead.

“No its fine I’m already dressed up, besides the last time I asked you to do grocery shopping you bought more than what was necessary”, reminding doojoon as he was now by the door putting his shoes on. “But it wasn’t my fault, during that time the old lady kept shoving all the buy one get one free stuff at my face”, leaning against entrance frame of the living room sulking at the memory. He really didn’t have the guts to decline the offer at the sweet old lady.

“Anyway, I’m leaving now so please don’t cause too much of a mess” hyunseung having the final say before closing the door behind him. Groaning in distress he returns to his seat with his full attention to his phone once again, after about ten minutes of mindlessly playing candy crush (he swore he deleted the game months ago) out of nowhere he felt  something soft nudge against his side.

 

 

Looking down he realised it was calcifer who had now made his way over on to donjoon’s stomach, curiously watching the phone in front of him, thumbs swiping away on the screen.

The next thing he knows calcifer starts to imitate the thumbs movement with his tiny paws,
“stop that calcifer” struggling to concentrate with the kitten blocking his view.
Now that the latter had caught doojoons attention he then proceeds to rub his tiny head into the inner palm, getting the idea of the kitten’s need he reaches out to put his phone away.  

Heaving a sigh he lies on his side, right hand behind the felines ear while the kitten purrs looping its tail around donjons wrist. Having a closer look at the kitten; calcifies eyes were closed resembling the crescent moon, the soft gleaming grey fur that was bathed in the sun light.
“I guess you are kind of cute”, his fingers running along the spine.

 

 

The sound of the camera shutter interrupted him. Peaking from the corner was a phone with none other than hyunseung who was trying to keep his laughter in.

“w-when did you get back?” stuttering; retracting his hand off calcifer, hyunseung smirked at doojoon whose cheeks were tinted pink in embarrassment. “Just in time to see you being cute with calcifer~”, ignoring the tease he soon realises that the others hair was drenched from the rain. Abandoning his seat he bolts out of the room dashing past a puzzled hyunseung only to return with a lime green towel clutched in his hands, dumping the towel over hyunseungs head he begins to ruffle the others hair dry.

“You should’ve brought an umbrella with you when you went out; now you’re most likely gonna end up with a cold also you know how grumpy and tired you get when you’re sick” the tallest of the two nagged still drying hyunseungs hair. Hyunseung who was held captive in doojoons hold began to whine in protest; he definitely didn’t like being treated like a child with doojoon lecturing him like a mom. “Okay, okay, I get it. Mom

“Mom huh?”, the towel that was once in his hands were now on  hyunseung’s shoulder. Doojoons hands were now on the youngest cheeks, pinching and stretching the fat regardless of hyunseung’s death threats for touching his face.

Ignoring the death threats being thrown at him, doojoon squeezed hyunseungs face together whilst peppering him with kisses all over. Soon the protests evolved into giggles along with the lines of doojoon being called loser and dork; with the two of them preoccupied in their own little world calcifer stayed in his place watching curiously over the two squabbling losers.

 

 

_  • ㅅ •  _

End.


haha I named the kitten after the magic fire in howl's moving castle, I should probably rewatch the movie again ♥
uwu I hope this lives up to your expectations babe asdfghjsdfgh

I hope you enjoy this fic~! 
x