( cheatsheet )

  ( 룸메이트 ) roommate : season two ! apply soon ⇡
 
 

roommate  overview

 TURN-IN   SOURCE CODE   EXAMPLE 

 NAME  : ( 룸메이트 ) ROOMMATE : SEASON TWO !


✕ THIS IS THE CHEATSHEET FOR THIS APPLYFIC. IT'S A BIT WORDY, BUT FILLED WITH GOOD INFORMATION. READ IT CLOSELY IF YOU WANT A BETTER CHANCE TO GET ACCEPTED. if there are any questions, feel free to leave a comment or pm me.

 

resources for any applicants out there:
1 : 2 : 3
stolen from ohobrat

 
general knowledge.

 

 name  : ( 룸메이트 ) roommate : season two !
 author  : --meyi
 co-author  : rustic
 genre  : comedy, crack, romance, drama. ( but mostly comedy )

 accepting  : 5-6 female applicants. 
 basic info  : applicants can be korean or chinese only. note that only 1 or 2 chinese applicants will be accepted, just to keep things simple. age range is 18-40 ( shin umma is 46 ). don't worry too much about age difference with your love interests. note that members of the original roommate cast can not be love interests or faceclaims.

 

 
guidelines.

 

 faceclaims  : faceclaims can be ulzzangs, models, actresses, or idols. however, if you're using an idol or actress, their information has to be of that idol/actress . you can edit things like their family background, personality, and trivia, but career history will be the idol/actresses' real history. if you apply with an idol faceclaim, you are in fact applying as that idol (with some fabrication here and there). if you use an ulzzang faceclaim, you can fabricate what you feel like you want. also, youtubers and such can be used as faceclaims as well. ( see example app )

 style  : the style of a character actually tells a lot about their personality. in the paragraph, describe what she wears casually around the house, what she wears outside, what she wears to a party, etc. it doesn't have to be very long, just one short paragraph will do ( 3-5 SENTENCEs ). replace the pictures with "samples" of what she wears. 

 traits + personality  : everyone has good and bad traits, so your character should too. make sure you have an even balance of both. same with personality. use the traits to guide you. be concise, stay on topic, and don't put any extra information that wouldn't be needed in the actual story. THERE IS NO MAXIMUM LENGTH, BUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE IT LONG, SEPARATE THEM INTO SMALLER PARAGRAPH (i get bored easily, especially when i SEE those HUGE PARagrpahs ). 

the mininum length:

    LOREM IPSUM DOLOR SIT AMET, PER UTROQUE COPIOSAE IN, DEBET CONSEQUAT EST AN, TE MEA UTINAM DISSENTIUNT. ANIMAL FUISSET VOLUPTATIBUS IN PRO. AT EOS PARTEM CONCLUSIONEMQUE, ET FACETE SUSCIPIT SPLENDIDE EAM, EOS UT ESSE QUODSI. POSSE PARTEM INCORRUPTE MEL EA, NO DUO PERPETUA DIGNISSIM DETERRUISSET, NEC ET AEQUE SAPIENTEM PATRIOQUE. MUTAT VITUPERATORIBUS QUO IN, ID ATQUI NULLAM INVENIRE EOS. EST LABORES TORQUATOS IN, NAM TE DECORE NEMORE GRAECIS. PROBATUS RECTEQUE CONSTITUAM ET VIX, HINC FABELLAS NO VIM. NO EAM LOREM SONET SADIPSCING, ET EST PURTO COMPLECTITUR. UT DUO MELIUS VOLUMUS MODERATIUS, ID ATQUI POSIDONIUM HIS, NEC EA PRIMA COMPLECTITUR. NE VIS ETIAM FEUGAIT LABORAMUS, VEL VIDERER OFFENDIT SUSCIPIT IN.
   MEA PUTENT INVIDUNT AT. CU ALTERA ALIQUAM SADIPSCING . HINC REGIONE EAM EI, AN VIS AGAM MOVET, VENIAM FUISSET DELICATISSIMI CU VIX. VOCENT FUISSET EA VEL, ID HAS NISL FUGIT ELOQUENTIAM. SEA NE IUDICO ADIPISCI GLORIATUR. 
MEL EX VERTEREM DISPUTANDO, QUALISQUE HENDRERIT MEI EU, EOS AT NOBIS MINIMUM MEDIOCRITATEM. Vis odio copiosae eu, his inani detraxit repudiandae ut. In nominati perpetua facilisis quo, dicit legimus vituperata his ut. Sonet putant est ei, at mea quando maiorum honestatis. In civibus fierent accusamus usu. Duo no sint case. Id dolor postulant democritum vix. His ad cetero salutatus, oporteat accusamus ut mei, eam reque torquatos ea. Vidit probo id usu, in quo nibh feugait scriptorem. Ex homero nemore vix. Eam labore delicata te. Ut eius partem pri, eam sint ullum signiferumque at.

 family background  : this is where you describe her family and how she grew up. INCLUDE INFORMATION ON HER PARENTS, SIBLINGS, AND ANY MAJOR EVENTS THAT OCCURRED DURING HER CHILDHOOD THAT AFFECT HOW SHE IS TODAY ( i.e. she was an ugly duckling in school, but became a swan after her company discovered her ). it doesn't need to be long, you could even write it in bullet points if you wanted to. 

 career history  : career history is basically all the events that occured from debut to present. how did she become an idol/actress/etc. what made her want to do it? any major scandals she's been involved in, which game changing songs/dramas/etc. made her into who she is today ( example, gee with snsd, growl with exo ).

 DISCOGRAPHY/FILMOGRAPHY  : you've seen those sections on wikipedia where they list all the pieces of work they've done right? like this one. this is exactly that. pretty self explanatory. if you're applying as an idol that already exists, just put a link to the wikipedia article section ( like how i linked that one ^ ). you don't need to list all of the songs down if there's a pre-made section on wikipedia. co-stars doesn't mean the entire cast, just the ones worth mentioning. success rate could be viewers ratings or just your personal opinion. for songs, a 1 would be some song that didn't make it to the charts and no one knows about, and a 10 would be like, snsd's i got a boy, or big bang's fantastic baby. likewise for dramas, a 1 would be some random drama no one's watched or heard of, and a 1o would be like dream high, or you from another star. 

 friends  : friends can be oc's, members of their groups, co stars they're close to, or other idol friends. only include friends that might affect/appear in the story please. it'd be helpful if their friends had a faceclaim to attach to their face, so i could picture them better. link their name to the gallery, or even just a picture. the description should be around 2-3 sentences, nothing too long.

 likes/dislikes  : likes and dislikes are pretty self explanatory, but think of them more as categories (for example: - likes classical music, like beethoven, mozart, dvorak, and tchaikovsky ) that would be 1 bullet, not 4. HAVE SOME EXPLANATION FOR EACH BULLET, NOT JUST 3 WORDS. 

 misc.  : misc. or miscellaneous is just trivia  or bits of information you have no where else to put. same as above, have some explanation for each bullet, it could range from 2 sentences to a paragraph.

 habits  : pretty self explanatory. just whatever habits she has, that a roommate would know after living with her ( ex: she snores, she likes to sleep curled up in a ball, etc. )

 FIRST IMPRESSION with love interest  : DID they KNOW EACHOTHER BEFORE THE SHOW? HOW WERE THEIR FIRST IMPRESSIONS? DID THEY GET ALONG? HOW DID THEY GET CLOSER? it should be a decent 5-6 sentences min. 

 relationship  : HOW DID THEIR RELATIONSHIP PROGRESS FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOW TO THE END? how did they behave around eachother, and how did it change? any occurences or situations that pushed them closer together? how? ( put them in the scene requests section )

 pw: link the word "password" (at the top left) to the character's "theme song" 

 

 
brownie points.

 

 001) name  : i personally like names that are really simple and "english sounding" aka names that even a teacher could pronounce, if that makes sense. for example, hani, jaemi, dani, haelli,  luhan, jun. or names that just have a nice ring to it like jinjoo, yoonjo, taeyeon. (if you do end up putting some fancy name like adelaide (what) or saeryun, co-author doesn't mind fancy names like that. just make sure to include some sort of pronounciation guide if they're... especially 'sparkly', okay?)

 002) ulzzangs  : i have a strong dislike for ulzzangs that have been inactive for a long time. their pictures are blurry, and outdated. try to pick ulzzangs that are models for clothes or online stores like arooki, pinkage, dahong, cherrykoko, centsshop, etc. 

 003) humor  : i prefer light hearted, funny applications over serious, boring ones any day. of course, i do hope you put some effort into the content, but a joke or two here and there is a-okay with me. abbreviations and slang is cool too. i don't care if you curse, just know that it's be rated m ( i have no idea why the application got flagged. i didn't even curse! i think... )


 004) neatness  : no one wants to see a messy app. i'm not saying everything has to be perfect, but do try to keep your application looking presentable. take the time to make the links black ( that blue color hurts my eyes ), and make sure there are any random font changes ( i found one of those in the app turn-in- oho. that was embarassing ). if you have problems with the app and you don't know coding, feel free to ask an admin for assistance. i'm not much of a coder myself, so i get if you just totally mess up the app, the undo button is your best friend.

do not stretch the pictures.