--final

you are my sunshine

The photo frame that had once been by his bed side now lay still on the soft sheets of his bed. His thumb caressed the wooden exterior, but his heart yearned for the girl inside the picture.

Krystal Jung; his angel that descended from the heavens above. Flawless, gorgeous. Beautiful and perfect. The happy times they had together was jotted back, his heart now ready to accept reality. He hummed a little tune, her favourite tune to allow him to sleep.

That was his lullaby. She was his lullaby.

The once silent room now echoed with nothing but the bitter hums of the melodious song that we all know and loved.

you are my sunshine

She had been his sunshine, litting every corner of his life since he first met her. She was the ray of light that blinded him from the sheer misery of life.

my only sunshine

She was the only one that he could get along with, the only person he could get attached to. Others would frown upon this deep attachment, but he cared less.

you make me happy

Krystal made him more than happy. She made him whole. She made him infinite.

when skies are grey

There was never any misery that he could not handle after meeting her. They handled their worries together. They worked towards their goals together. They had always been together. They were inseparable.

you'll never know dear

Kai didn't know if she knew how much she meant to him. He had always said many times before her that he loved her. He had showed many times he did.

how much I love you

Maybe she did knew. She knew because she herself has said many uncounted times that she loved him. Maybe it was reciprocation.

please don't take my sunshine away

He prayed every single night that she wouldn't go away. Kai was an atheist, but he prayed still. Oh the absurdity love has put people into. The insanity!

The humming stop, his eyes now flickering to the old record player at the corner of the room. Krystal had always been an antique collector, the many vintage things she owned still lay in his garage. But this... this was special.

His legs brought him to linger over the area, his hands reaching out to an old Ricky Nelson record. He blew the dust looming on the record away, before settling it on the player itself.

The old tunes of the 60s now blasted the dead room, and Kai did a little dance as an accompaniment. He felt alive.

the other night dear

as i lay sleeping

i dreamed i held you

in my arms

when i awoke dear

i was mistaken

and i held

my head

and cried

Of course.

His little sunshine had been torn away from him, bringing his life into a state of misery again. God had taken Krystal from Kai many months before. His angel had returned to heaven.

He hummed the remaining of the song, still slow dancing with himself. The small smile cannot be missed, for his fragile heart had started to beat again.

And that would be the very last time his heart started beating.

Kai was finally ready to come after his sunshine, his angel.

God has finally accepted him into heaven.