Art of Letting Go

100 Super Junior Fics Challenge

Title: The Art of Letting Go

Challenge: 100 Super Junior Fics Challenge

Theme: 008. Locket

Pairing: Heechul/Sungmin

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Unbeta’d, Mild Swearing, Gender Switch

Disclaimer: I do not own Super Junior, just the plot and some OCs. Any similarities to other works and real life situations are just plain coincidence. This work is just a figment of my imagination and is not meant to offend anyone.

Summary: He didn’t imagine it would be like this; that they would end up like this. That she would even have the guts to utter those painful words to him- Let’s break up.

----This is a line break----

Heechul couldn’t sleep.

It was already 1 o’clock in the morning and yet he still can’t bring himself to drift to dreamland; too busy staring blankly at the locket on his hand, continuously for the past millennia. The locket kept winking at him under the moonlit skies of Seoul; mocking him of his relationship that ended a few days ago.

He wanted to throw it, to burn it, to chuck it somewhere where the lights wouldn’t reach; anything just to get rid of it so that he’ll forget about her, but he can’t.

He just simply can’t.

He can’t bring himself to hate her, can’t bring himself to forget her, and can’t bring himself to get rid of everything that reminds him of her. Because no matter how much he denies it and no matter how much his brain kept telling him to move on because she’s just another girl; he’s still hoping that she’ll come back to his side and get this stupid locket back.

That she would give him another chance.

Not even a week without Sungmin and he’s already a wreck.

He knows he ed up; he always do, but he never thought that she would actually leave him; that she’d even have the guts to utter those painful words to him.

‘Let’s break up.’

She’d always come back first thing in the morning, profusely saying her apologies and that she was over reacting; he’d assumed that she would always stay by his side, no matter what ery he had manage to get himself into.

He never thought it would be like this.

Before their relationship had even start he had already warned her; that he’s a bad boy and she’s a good girl; both from different status quos. She’s the north to his south, she’s the right to his wrong, she’s the rational to his irrational- she’s everything he is not.

She’s his everything.

‘This relationship is not working’.

He tried to be good just for her but he just can’t; it’s too hard for someone like Heechul who had lived his entire life in the underbelly of society. He tried to say his apologies but it seems like the words I’m sorry is too difficult to even utter out of his mouth causing our arguments to drag out even longer than necessary, no matter how right she is. Even stupid arguments escalated quickly because of his ill temper and his inability to admit that he was wrong.

He can’t even say that those three words to her- I love you, simply because he does not believe in such thing. He grew up without experiencing the parental love that was supposedly given by his parents, so she gave him time to adjust and assured him that she is willing to wait. She showered him with love and attention that he had lacked during his childhood; assuring him of her love for him.

That he had full ownership of her affections.

‘I’m sor-‘

“Don’t.” He said firmly, talking to no one in particular but to her voice that’s still lingering in his mind; interrupting it, not letting those words ridicule him even more than it is “Don’t say that you’re sorry.”

Don’t make me look even more pathetic.

Those unspoken words is what he really wanted to say but even alone with nothing but her memory; he still finds it hard to say what he really meant. During that moment when she was torturing him with her words all he had wanted to say was I love you and I know that you still love me. Please don’t leave.  but all he had manage was a simple “Goodbye.”

Like she didn’t even matter to him; like she was just any other girl he’d during the weekend.

But if you are happier in his arms, I’ll understand

When, in fact, she did.

More than his life actually.

Someone like me doesn’t deserve an angel like you, you’re better off with him.

He’d gladly take his own life if it meant it will keep her safe. He had difficulty in assuring her that he is hers to waste away, to say to her how much she meant to him; all he can do is to show her how much she meant to him behind her back.

And it hurt.

It hurts so much but I have to let you go…

It hurts to see that she is already moving on with her life; to see her meeting someone new while he’s here, suffering alone. Too see her eyes, her eyes that always looked at him with love, are now looking at someone else and her lips that used to be only his; that used to smile lovingly only for him is now smiling for someone else.

The locket he was holding continued its taunting as it slipped slowly away from his grasps...

He didn’t imagine it would end like this.

And now call you a memory.

 ----This is a line break----

Hope this was okay; not really my best but I’m practicing my angst writing skills; I hope it’s passable enough though ^^

Not really my best and I kept it short since I’m really bad with these kinds of stories. I’ll try re-edit it and make a better version of this.

In case you guys don’t understand: Sungmin’s not cheating on Heechul nor did she find a replacement immediately after the breakup. She’s just meeting new people and one particular guy looked like a future love interest in Heechul’s POV. So he kept saying how he’s happy for her if she’s happy in that guy’s arms. Get it? If not OTL.

This was inspired by Big Bang’s “Bad Boy” and Taeyang’s “Eyes, Nose, Lips”; I’m totally obsessing over them <3

Ciao,

Ihartkimchi