Letting Go

Letting Go

Jonghyun had always hated holding hands.


Slow beeping sounds resonated throughout the small whitewashed room, each sound hanging over the lovers’ heads, threatening to give in to monotony.


Over the months, Kibum’s skin had slowly faded and blended into the walls, dissolving into white.


Kibum’s hand lay entrapped in Jonghyun’s, grip loosening gradually, little by little.


“You know, this is the first time we’ve held hands for this long,” Kibum smiled weakly, managing to huff a short puff of air resembling a chuckle.


“Yeah, I know,” Jonghyun said, willing himself not to cry. He knew he would, though. He always did.


“Will you sing me to sleep? I’ve always thought that if I were to die, I’d want your voice to be the last thing I hear.”


“Don’t talk like that,” Jonghyun warned softly, but started to sing a lullaby to his boyfriend anyway.


I’ve never seen a boy that could steal my breath away like you,
Make my stomach do flips and turns,
Or make me run forward without ever looking back, but I think you may be the one,
The one I want to live with for eternity,
The one I want to love.
So baby, sweet baby, love me too, without ever looking back.


“Thanks,” Kibum breathed, his breath now down to a short whisper.


“I love you, Bummie,” Jonghyun choked, trying hard not to think about all the precious memories the nickname held.


“Kiss me?”


Jonghyun leaned down and kissed his boyfriend softly, knowing full well it was a parting kiss. When he opened his eyes, Kibum was gone.


Jonghyun’s grip on Kibum’s limp hand only tightened.


The once beeping sounds were now one. Long, loud and terrifying.


Jonghyun always hated holding hands.


That was because he knew that he would have to let go… someday.


________________________________________________________
Thanks again for reading!

And to my lovely beta, danuyel2006 for being awesome and reading through even she's busy...

Thank you so much for reading! See you soon!