Please Don't Go

Please Don't Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking passed the chimney, there was a table that many framed pictures were set up on. She touched one of the frames of the pictures of her family lightly, her heart softened but she gave a painful smile. Slowly, her hands moved over to the next frame. A tingly sensation began to take place in her nose as she found herself biting the inside of her bottom lip. Tears suddenly began to build up as her fingers gradually ran across a familiar face that she had given so much love to.  The room went silent just before her muffled cries began to get louder and echoed down the quiet corridors of the house. “Why...”

 

--

 

When she woke up, she realized that she had ended up crying herself to a short nap again. Falling asleep throughout the day was starting to be a new routine for her because she couldn’t fall asleep regularly anymore. Placing her hand onto half of her face she grimaced before calling herself ‘pathetic’ and rubbed her swollen eyes. Once again, just the thought of why she began crying, tears ran down the previous dried traces on her cheeks. She angrily pulled at her hair with both hands and bit her lower lip until it bled, leaving the taste of copper to spread through . Her sobbing began getting louder until she abruptly stopped.

Two warm hands grabbed onto hers to stop her from pulling at her hair. They placed her hands down to her lap. She looked up finding a sweet face painfully giving her a smile. She sadly stared into the familiar gentle brown eyes that were in front of hers. Just before that one last tear was about to fall, a thumb wiped it away. The boy forced on a smile then gently moved her hair out of her face and softly kissed her injured lip. He looked into her sad eyes that were searching for his. He gently placed their foreheads together before disappearing into thin air, only to leave her breathlessly crying harder than before. “Please don’t cry anymore.” were his last words before vanishing right before her eyes.

 

--

 

It’s been at least a week since she has seen that gentle face of his. But even though that happened, she swears she still feels like he’s always there with her at her side. When she couldn’t sleep, she could feel his presence in the room and that was the only way she could actually fall asleep. Doing anything, she would have trouble doing now because all she could think of was him. She didn’t want to think she was starting to go crazy but sometimes she swears she hears him calling her. Even though she doesn’t mind it at all, her friends were starting to worry. They would tell her that she might need to get some special help if she keeps telling them that she can hear him at times. It gets her angry whenever they say so. So whenever they do, she just quietly leaves or she tells them to leave, when it’s her house.

 

--

 

When she woke up, again, she found herself feeling like she got beat up and she felt horrible. After washing up she left her room and went into the kitchen to eat some breakfast, even though she actually doesn’t even eat. But she likes to set up the food and make it as if she does, to feel like she’s living life well without her beloved. Just then there was a knock at the front door, which got her attention. Behind the door, she found her friend standing there, holding some bags filled with takeouts. “So? Gonna let me in or what?” the friend laughed and walked in, making her way to the kitchen.

“I decided to give you a visit because I was coming down here for my sister’s baby shower. And since I remembered that you lived nearby I came! Surprise!” her friend threw her arms up and waved it back and forth. Noticing that she wasn’t giving a reaction, her friend stopped.  “Hey, what’s wrong?” her friend reached out to touched her hand. “You don’t look so well, what’s wrong? You can tell me anything, you know?” She went to sit next to her and placed her arm around her shoulder for comfort.

She forced on a smile to the friend, almost crying again. Her friend wasn’t buying it, the smile showed so much pain. Shaking her head she replied back, “It’s nothing... really..” But a tear ran down her cheek. She wiped it quickly so her friend doesn’t see it but it was no use. “Come here.” her friend sat closer to her and pulled her for a hug. She cried just as much as she did the previous days.

 

--

 

This time she didn’t tell her friend. She didn’t want it to be like the other times when she did tell someone. So she just kept it to herself. “Well, I’m off then. I don’t want to stay too long, you probably don’t want me here.” They laughed and hugged each other before saying farewells. “Come visit before you go back home, okay?” She asked her friend, while exchang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter