One. Two. Three. Again!

Dance Steps

 

Dance steps.

 

- - - - - - -

“Hello…. Ryu Sera, it is, right?” He received a nod of approval. “Alright, you applied for the small group lessons. Your class time will be on Thursday nights, just a reminder. It’s door #12. The other attendants haven’t come yet since it’s still way early, so make yourself comfortable in the practice room.” He smiled politely, pointing her to a corridor.

She muttered a thank you and threw her clothes bag over her shoulder, walking quickly. The chilly night wind still followed her inside, freezing her exposed legs.

“Nine… Eleven… Thirteen… Fif- Wait where is it?” She looked back confused for a moment.

A quick glance at her left made her smack herself. She had been staring at the odd numbers’ side all along. She went back onto her steps, finding the door carved in a small twelve.

She knocked three times, hearing a cough from inside and a funny sounding “Come in!”

She pushed the door away and was welcomed by a man standing alone in the middle of the room. She stared at him.

His mustache game is strong. Does he groom it daily?

“Well aren’t you an early bird?” He offered a hand to shake.

Sera’s head was somewhere else, trying to figure out something, narrowing her eyes.

An unexpected Korean dude showing up at this dance studio is interesting… A latina dance studio on top of that, hmmm. And he looks…

“… So feminine for a man…”

Sera clasped her hands over , realizing what she had just said. He put down his hand and laughed instead, shocking a bit Sera.

“Don’t worry, I get that a lot. “ He noticed the girl’s eyes scanning his body. “Are you also going to say I’ve got a nice body?” He smirked seeing Sera’s blushing cheeks.

That body. I’m so jealous.

“I-I’m sorry. B-by the way, I’m Sera, Sera Ryu, it is.”

“Nice to meet you, I’ m Han, Han Moon. Or you can call me Hans like some of the foreigners do.”

“Ah, that’s fine.” She glanced at the clock on the wall; she was actually 40 minutes early for the lesson.

Han, seeing the funny face she had made, turned around to see the clock on the opposite side. He turned back with a smile. “We can practice until the other four come.” He took hold of her aist without warning, dragging her in the middle of the place.

“Y-you’re being too nice?” She hesitantly put her hands on his shoulder, uneasy at the sudden closeness.

He approached his face to whisper to her ear. “It’s because I already like you.”

Hearing no response but a blank lost expression, he chuckled. “Sorry for giving the creeps already, I was joking.” She cracked a weird unsure smile. “Shall we start?”

Did I just embarrass myself in front of a handsome guy?

- - -

Han brought his students at the door, sending them off. Sera was about to leave when she remembered something to tell him.

“Ah-Uhhh, Moon!”

He was about to turn away when he heard his voice. He faced her with a warm smile. “Yes, Sera?”

“Sorry again about your foot… I mean I’m sorry 17 times for stepping on you 17 times.” She scratched her head, looking away.

He walked to her, patting her shoulder. “You counted it? Oh dear… Don’t sweat about it, practice will make you better. Promise me you’ll keep up.”

“I will become a lot better as an apology, haha.”

- - -

“Aaaaand?”

Han , back in the studio, saw from the mirror the blonde  spiky haired man leaning against the doorframe, hands in pockets. His Italian accent was obvious when he spoke English.

“What?” Han acted clueless with a smile.

“Oh come on, didn’t anyone ask you about your fake mustache?”

“Oh hey, don’t say that to my precious baby.” Han smoothed the hair over his lips.

“So you’re going to keep up with the costume?” He cocked an eyebrow.

Han spun around, removing the top hat, tearing the mustache off. “Why not. Let’s make a bet; when will the secret be found?”

The guy took his wallet from his back pocket, picking a bill of twenty. “I say six lessons.”

The other scratched her chin, “Hmmm… sounds fair. Deal, Gio.”

“Alright, get home already, Hyuna.” He waved as he went into the hallway.

- - -

“Hyuna!”

The tall figure stopped in her tracks, holding a few notebooks between her crossed arms. Two arms enveloped her waist, a warm breath hitting her neck.

“I ran at.” She stopped, out of breath. “50 per. Hour just to. Catch you. Gosh.”

Hyuna giggled and put one of her hands on top of the arms. “Sunga, when was the last time you run?”

“The last time I didn’t recognize you, which is about a year ago, haha. No but seriously, why?”

She still talked with her back facing her friend. “What?”

“You cut your hair to your shoulders again!” She pouted, saddened by the disappearance of the long beautiful locks of hair.

“Ehehehe…” She tried to remove the locked arms to run away, but to no avail.

“Those latin dance classes again, right?” Sunga accidentally loosened her embrace.

“Ehehehe….”

The last thing Sunga saw was an idiot running at 70 per hour.

“Psht. Escaping to the moon again.” Her eyes caught a glimpse of the clock at the end of the hallway. “OH SHOOT.  WHY AM I SO LATE TO CLASS AND IRRESPONSIBLE FOR A 22 YEARS OLD WOMAN.”

She ran and yelled to the opposite direction while receiving some weird looks.

- - -

“Se~ra~. Let’s get out of this black hole called university and get ice cream.” Her friend dragged her outside while she looked tired and lifeless.

“Ughmmmugh…”

“Ooookay. How was your dance class yesterday?”

“I. .”

- - -

“It’s been three months, Gio. That is 12 lessons. Oh and I gave her extra private lessons two more times in a week. That’s about 86 hours of hard practice. She’s now a beast at this, just saying.”

His jaw dropped. “What a naïve girl. Hmpf, there ya go.” He slipped the money over the counter.

“Hehe, thank you, boy. She was too busy concentrating on becoming a pro than guessing whether I am a man or a woman.”

“Righhttt. Wait, does this mean you’re taking her to the upcoming dance competition?!”

“Bingo.” She winked at him. “You got to see her on the dance floor. Oh my god. Those hips going right and lef-”

“Hyuna, your gay is showing.” He stared at her become red with embarrassment.

- - -

Sera lingered around the studio, staying after bidding goodbye to her foreign friends.

I still can’t believe he got me enough good to even enter in a contest after so much practice time. As an appreciation for his effort, I should ask him for a dinner.

She approached his personal backroom, and by pure chance, Sera forgot about her manners in her bubble of excitement. She pushed the slightly open door, shouting at the same time.

“Haaaaaaa-!”

Han’s back was facing her, his shirt dropped to the middle of his body. But wha Sera saw when Han turned his face to her wasn’t a man, but a woman.

“-aaaannn….?” Her voice was reduced to a mere whisper.

NO MUSTACHIO???? OH MY GOD. HE, SHE, SOMETHING, IS ?

She turned into a tomato, stuttering nonsense with an arm over half her face. Hyuna stared in silence, still frozen in place.

“I-i… Umm… J-jus…t… I…”

BRAIN? HELLO? SEND WAVES OF HELP. IT’S AN EMERGENCY.

“EXPLANATION PLEASE,” she spurted out suddenly.

Hyuna still stood emotionless. “Dammit…”

Within an hour, Hyuna gave her the information she wanted. Her real name was Moon Hyuna. She was actually a girl, duh. The reason she took the guy’s role; she was curious about his position in the couple and wanted to learn both perspectives. She explained her weird mind work by saying “I think in a unique way like an alien from the moon,” even if that didn’t say much nor was logic enough in Sera’s rational thinking.

Hyuna, removing her hair elastic, finally asked, “So yeah, what was it you wanted?”

Sera sat there, still in a daze of confusion. “… D-dinner?”

She shoved quickly her stuff in her backpack. “That sounds great. Here’s my number…” She scribbled on a napkin she snatched from her pocket and put it in Sera’s hand on her way out. “Text me the place and time! Bye babe~”

“What just…”

I got her number. Ohmygosh, yes!

- - -

“Seriously though, how did you even conceal your chest, I mean, it’s still k-kinda vo-volumi…” Sera choked on her piece of meat, quickly reaching for the glass of water and calming down.

Hyuna laughed loudly, watching how shy Sera could be. “The numbers of corsets, bandages, anything. These babies suffered for so long.” She sighed, tapping her babies.

The younger one coughed once. “Moon, we’re in public.”

- - -

Within four weeks of according all their time to practice (and getting Moon obsessed for late-night dinners), the duo was now prepared for this day. They sneaked around backstage, hearing the loud claps from the audience for the previous contestants.

Hyuna was walking behind Sera in the darkness, keeping an eye on her back.

“You did a good choice choosing going for a dress. Also, red suits you when you dye your hair black and style it straight.”

“I’m leaving you behind if you talk more.” She scurried to the line, with Hyuna following behind.

Standing in line, Sera was busy playing with her dress’ fringes while Hyuna was smoothing her black blouse’s folds when the host of the show came close to them along with the cameraman.

“Now isn’t this a first? A same- couple is going to participate in tonight’s event!”

“Hello!” They both waved at the camera with a smile.

“Are you, by any chance, a couple?” He extended the microphone.

Hyuna stood still, the same poker face plastered on her face. Sera shook the suspicions off with a wave of her hand.

“Hahaha, nope. One of us is straight and the other one is gay.” She simply put.

Hyuna was still silent. Ah, she thought.

“Which-

Sera quickly cut the host off. “Haha, yeah, wish us luck, there’s really good people out there. We’re very nervous and excited!” She trailed off as their turn came up.

“Ah- I mean, yes, good luck to you both. Your waiting time’s up!”

One of the staff guided them to the stairs leading to the stage. The host and the audience’s applause welcomed as they walked straight to the middle of the stage.

“Our next contestants, Hyuna Moon and Sera Ryu, prepared a salsa routine! The stage is yours, girls!” The MC walked away as the brightness decreased on stage and both girls took their stance.

Fuego” by Bataan started playing as the projector shined upon them. Sera was at the first olan, waiting with a hand on her hip and Hyuna walking behind tentatively. The latter bent down on one knee after a spin, putting her palm over Sera’s exposed leg and sliding towards her shoulder but Sera stopped her in the middle, taking the older one’s hand instead and going for three consecutive short spins to find herself at the other side of Hyuna who was quick to grip her right hand and letting her other hand rest on Sera’s waist.

One step, two step, repeat. Sera swayed her hips right and left while her feet went one in front of the other. Hyuna followed her track with an imitation and secured her hand for Sera to spin by herself once, and spin again together while clinging to Hyuna’s body.

Right foot, left foot. They separated for a bit, enough to put on a few dance steps, before their connected hands brought them back closer. With the same hand, Hyuna took Sera’s arm over her head, helping her spin on herself twice as her fringe flew in the air. The older one took both their hands and obliged Sera to take her by the shoulders, letting Hyuna make her fall back without worries.

Her hair flipped over them both as she got pulled back up. Hyuna sneaked quickly behind Sera, tangling their arms, still not having let of each other’s grip. Hyuna provided support by slightly leaning left and right as Sera showed off her long legs by walking right and left in place, giving a sneak peek of her fine .

The sudden trumpet sound was her cue to let her right leg slide along the floor, while her other bent leg supported her weight. Hyuna still grasping her hands, lifted her up by turning her a bit.  They got close, too close, holding on each other’s face as they s down and back up as the audience yelled in excitement. They made space in between them, playing a diagonal game of steps before Sera stood up  straight and making a little jump for Hyuna to glide her between her legs and moving her back up as she held for dear’s life on these hands.

With an amused smile only both could see, they both let go completely of each other and did the same dance on their own side. One, two, three, One two three, Right hand front, left hand back. Repeat backwards. A swift kick in the air and they moved forward and backward to the front, to the left, to the right and to the back. Fast steps that made it look like they could trip any moment as their hips shook in synch.

Little jumps helped them kick the air right  then left. Sera felt Hyuna’s waiting hand and took hold of it as Hyuna spun her around by locking on and off their arms. With Hyuna’s back facing the public, and Sera facing them directly, she gave them a quick smile before being spun around one last time as Hyuna faced the public too. She took hold of Sera’s waist and bent to get a hold of her thigh to lift her as Sera used her hands to stay in balance in Hyuna’s arms, who took her whole body over her shoulder, one of Sera’s leg behind her, being held in place by one of Hyuna’s arms as she posed for the watchers, sitting on Hyuna’s shoulder. They both stayed immobile as the audience cheered for them wholeheartedly.

Hyuna dropped off Sera and they bowed, holding each other’s hand.

The MC went back on stage while the duo quite the scene, smiling and waving. “And that was Sera and Hyuna, putting the stage on fire with their upbeat sensual routine. A big round of applause for them!”

- - -

Sera suggested driving them both to her house since it was way past midnight and tomorrow was Saturday. Hyuna hadn’t said anything in the car, crossing her arms and staring the city at night outside. Sera hadn’t given any attention to her behavior and was busy humming a song instead.

After settling down, Hyuna confronted Sera about her previously said words.

“Look, I know it’s obvious I’m gay but you didn’t have to clarify it for the whole world, I’m happy in my little circle-“

Sera abruptly swung around, staring at her with furrowed brows. “Hyuna. I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about my biuality.”

Ah, Hyuna thought.

The oldest was speechless as no words came to her mind. Sera went up to her, roaming her hand on her arm.

“Are you still up for my dinner proposal of this morning?

- - -

They might’ve been silently eating on the little square table in the middle of the living room, but as soon as the alcohol beverages were introduced, it got livelier.

“”S-sera. I need to confe-

“Shhh…” Her finger rested on Hyuna’s lips as her own lips curved upwards. “Instead of your mouth telling me, you should let your skilled body do the talk, hmm?”

Her inviting look wasn’t declined by Hyuna. They rose up, Sera’s arms encircling the taller one’s neck while she embraced her waist close. Hyuna secretly took hold of Sera’s music player’s remote control, switching u pa song to match the mood.

They danced along the slow tempo, getting more inappropriate along, which was pushing Hyuna’s limits to control herself. She threw Sera over one of her arms, bending her back and finally able to close the space between their lips. The moon light shone upon their body, who became as one.

Sera parted her lips to whisper, “We’ve been strangers in the morning, now let us be lovers by night.”

- - - - - - -

 

What is sleep, can someone sell me their sleep hours, thanks. This was long overdue but I had trouble continuing in the same style I started or smth so mmyea, this is half satisfying. Geez, it’s hard to describe a dance without repeating the same word 385792578 times in 5 lines gaaah.
And you derps, enjoy it c: