One Hour

One Hour

Kangmi stood outside the airport after being on for hours in the plane. It's a long journey. The long wait to Waited back to her old home, South Korea. Of course, now that country has become famous since the appearance of some artists who so fascinating. Even so, for Kangmi these changes did not change anything. Even though it has changed, but the story of of her past will never change.

She smiled.

"Kangmi!" Someone waved at her. She smiled instantly see who waved to her. Dad. How could she forget someone who always hope that his beloved daughter being foreign student.

With longing, Kangmi hugged her father and smiled broadly. She asked every detail of her family situation, as well as people around her home. It has been 6 years she left her beloved country, in order to achieve all of its goals in other countries. Very selfish for her, but she must do it.

"How’s mom?"

"She's good. She misses you doing some strange things at home" dad smiled slightly while driving carefully. Kangmi laughed when she heard and recounted all of her past that she would never find in other countries. She also continues to look at every detail of the car, that 6 years ago take her to the airport. Nothing changed, just look dull and dusty. But Kangmi like it. More precisely, she missed it

-----        

                               

"Eonni is back!" Someone hugged her warmly. Kangmi her head slowly and smiled slightly.

"Hi, you've grown big now"

"Of course eonni! I'm already 9 years old and I've got a lot of friends now! "Excited tone from Kangra, her sister. Kangmi smiled more broadly than before.

She went into her old home, carrying her suitcases and bags into her home. She saw every detail of furniture that's not changed at all. Even though it looked so dusty but it's still looked like before. Her pictures and her family pictures was still attached neatly on the shelf. When she touched it, she didn't find the dust sticked at frame, as good as new cleaned a few minutes ago. She smiled slightly.

-----

 

"Go to your room and rest soon. You are already ate, right? "

"Yes dad, sorry about my plane flight delayed, made you should be waiting me too late" He smiled and patted Kangmi’s shoulder.

"You've arrived? Oh i’m waiting for you so long, you know? "

"I'm sorry mom, my plane flight delayed for some reason. I miss you" Kangmi hugged her warmly. She almost cried seeing her mother’s smile returned to her life. A smile from someone who she loves so much.

"Well, get some rest soon. So, you can go walk to refresh your mind tomorrow" Kangmi nodded and hurried away to her room.

She pressed a light button and see her room that did not change at all, made her wanted to go back in that time. A time which tears and laughter were mingled. Miniature, stacks of books, and pictures were still displayed as well as before. As she cleared her stuffs, her memories that might almost forget, appeared one by one. But, if she more remembered her past, she got  something missing badly. There’s something wrong.

After a few minutes cleared her stuffs,she laid in her bed and closed her eyes.

Memories that was gone.

Was him?

-----

 

The sun was at its peak. Kangmi woke up while getting back her fresh mind. She thought about what she should do today.

"Kangmi! get up and eat soon. Only you have not had breakfast , you know?" her mother’s shout made Kangmi aware from her reverie. She got up from her bed and washed his face. She changed her clothes, wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. After that, she went to dining room and sit quietly while eating her food.

"I'll go to your aunt's home for a while with Kangra. It's all right if i leave you alone?"

"No problem, mom. Anyway, I also want to go walk for a while after eating this food"

"Well, i put the key here, okay? Don’t forget to locked home when you go out" Kangmi nodded. And now, it seems like she has a full time with herself.

Finished her meal, she moved from her place to wash her dirty dishes. She heard the voice of children that playing outside from the window. She smiled slightly, she can’t wait to get out and get back all the her memories.

Memories that may disappeared.

-----

 

Walked alone was not a big problem for her. Heat of sun didn’t make she stop to walk somewhere. The place that the end of all her memories 6 years ago.

A few minutes she walked, finally, she arrived in front of an old tree. She took off her snapback from her head and grinned at the tree that still standing in front of her now. She could see his house from there, also around the area where she lives. She sat against the old tree trunk and touched softly the old tree trunk while she trying to close her eyes. Now, she hoping her old memories back in front of her.

If I'm not going to leave it all, is there any chance for me?

She continued to think like that.

-----

 

"Stop protecting me like that. You know it is a stupid thing? "

"Stop screaming like that to me" that guy answered coldly. He looked seriously stareat  Kangmi who still bandaging his wounds while wiping her tears from her eyes. That guy looked at her coldly and smirked simply.

Accidentally, Kangmi tripped on stage and falls from stage with 2 meters high. When her eyes opened, she felt plopped on someone’s body. And she did, her eyes widened when she saw who was underneath. She almost wanted to cry in front of her friends, in a moment his hand was on her head, and he smiled innocently. "Are you okay?" The only words that were spoken from him.

Is he stupid doing that. Kangmi continues to sputter.

"Thank you" the words that come out from who obviously hated guy in front of her. That guy stared at her in surprise and then smiled. His hands Kangmi’s head, making she blushed with what he did.

"Go home and take care yourself" Taehyung walked away, left her in the healthcare room alone.

" One second, one minute, or an hour, I will not let you get hurt, you know?" she silently catch his last statment.

There have been many incidents like that which she felt by herself. Only a fool guy like him was almost died just for protected her. Hundreds of bruises that he got just to protect her. But, why? Why when she confessed her feelings, he refused it and said this’s not the right time?

-----

 

"I ... I love you. You know? Since we were kids, since you're with me, my heart beats endlessly. I hate you, but how can I love you now .. "

"I'm sorry,I can’t" Unfinished with her conffesion words , that guy already cut it. Her eyes widened when suddenly, she heard his answer. "This is not the time" he only answered it shortly and walked away. Kangmi confused with his answe, he obviously like her too, but why he refused her.

"Kim ... Kim ... Tae ... hyung ..." Kangmi called his name softly, made him stopped suddenly. He smirked and walked away again, left her alone.

"KIM TAEHYUNG!" she shouted loudly but  it didn't change anything. She turned and saw the oncoming car toward him. Her eyes stared at the man's body who was stiff in front of her.

Taehyung... Why...

-----

 

Kangmi awoke from her sleep. She did not realize it was already late afternoon, and her nap made her mind messed up. She felt her memories returned to her mind. She stood and stared seriously at the tree who standing upright in front of her. She began to shed her tears, wished there’s fairy came to her and gave back her memories.

But she knew it impossible.

She walked around the tree while trying to remember about him. Suddenly she stopped when she saw a pile of soil in the back of a large tree. Thoughtlessly, she dug with her own hands and surprised by what she found.

Taehyung’s stuffs, all buried here. What is it exactly? Why his family throw it away? She noticed at each his old stuffs. Tears almost came out again when someone suddenly tapped her shoulder. She turned around and surprised to see who it was.

-----

 

"you’ve returned from your college?" Kangmi nodded answering the question from someone that she never meet again . Taehyung’s Mother. Kangmi looked at her face which her face’s still young as lastly Kangmi saw her. She reminded her  to Taehyung more than her dream  when she fell asleep before.

"Today is an important day, you know that right?" Kangmi smiled. "I wish you were there before, maybe he can confess his feelings  for you" Kangmi surprised by what was said by Mrs. Kim. According to her, there’re still many things that she didn't know about him. Why did he act like that to her? Why did he protect her that makes he almost died everytime?  Why did he reject her confession when he obviously like her?

She hopes all her questions will be answered.

“Previously... after we moved to our place we live now, Taehyung rarely talked or spoke with other person. Maybe his heart was pain saw his father's death was so fast for him. I was almost confused how must face to this child, and i ever did not give him ate for a night because of his coldness attitude to other person. But... he changed when he began to know you”  Kangmi’s eyes widened. “ since that time, he began to tell about you to me, began to smile everyday and does the normal act like boy usually. But, he back to his coldly act when it happened. The incident that made you lose half of your memories”

She remembered it, at that time she saw taehyung from afar and waved. She crossed the road without seeing the car passed by. Almost she lost her life because of the accident. And she did not remember anything a week after she recovered.

"He was very shocked by what happened to you. Until he said something that surprised me and your parents--- "

"I'm sorry, I should have to protect her better than anyone. I'm sorry if I did stupid things that make her like now, I will never do it again. When I grow up later, I'm going to grow up to be a real man for her. MoreoverI will be smarter and stronger than anyone and can do everything that people think that can’t  be done. I promise to be a appropriate man for her. Until that time arrived...  I will make her belonging to me forever "

Kangmi’s heart feel like stopped after heard what was said by Mrs. Kim. Until that time arrived.. is that he meant all long. She thought for a moment, her breath gasped after listened to Mrs. Kim's statement, her mind was disconcerted, and she felt herself will die in a moment.

"I didn’t think, 9 years old child like Taehyung could say something like that. After your incident, Didn’t he act differently to you? Maybe in his mind was ... became a man who can do anything in order to be able to protect his beloved little girl who saved him from his nightmare. But after knowing you will go to college in America soon, maybe it made him could not sleep for a night. If only an hour before you departed, he has been in the airport to meet you.. maybe he will say his feeling and still be with you now”  Mrs. Kim smiled and wiped her tears. She moved from her place and Kangmi’s head.

Kangmi realised if Taehyung had been disappeared from her life, made his tear stream down. Exactly, a day after she arrived in America, she received news if Taehyung died because of the tragic car accident. What did he think to harm himself? Just to say goodbye, didn’t he can call her or send email for her? The stupid thing what he did made Kangmi couldn’t sleep for a week. She regretted everything, everything that have been lost now.

"Bring back his stuffs if you want it. His memories is your memories too" His mother smiled at Kangmi. She said goodbye and went with her ​​longing sobs.

Saw the day almost dark, she moved from his sadness, took home the box that contained Taehyung’s precious stuffs.

-----

 

"What did you bring Kangmi?  It was very obsolete"

"Ah ... this is ..."

"Taehyung’s stuffs?" Unfinished she replied her mother question, her father answered certainty. She gaped in confusion what to say. His father smiled and told her immediately to bring Taehyung’s stuffs and slept soon. Her Mother and her father looked at each other, understand what was it meant.

In her room, she looked back all the stuffs that Taehyung left.  From all the stuffs, there was a digital thing that was left by him. A SLR Camera that looked worn. But unexpectedly it can still light up properly. She checked photos in his camera one by one. Cried, only that she could do now. Taehyung’s photos, his friends’s photos, her photo’s and other object were inside it. She knowed if Taehyung like photography, and he was the best photographer according to her.

Lots of photos of herself inside This camera. She couldn’t restrain her tears, regretted all the rude words she spoken at that time.

Can God give me another chance to be with him? Although only one hour just with him, I'm not going to waste it for any reason.

She continued to think like that in her mind. After seeing all the photos inside his camera, her eyes were directed to a small black notes inside the box. Kangmi took it up and opened page by page. Her body was stiff when she read his writings on the last page. Her breath was stopped, her hands trembled, and her mind getting messed up. Her tears increasingly swift when she read it again.

For one hour, she had been crying for him. Because of his stuffs, she got back again her true world with him that almost lost before. Only one hour her breath could stop, her body trembled, and her mind getting messed up because of him.

Only one hour was caused by a stupid guy like Kim Taehyung

-----

That day, the day where the first time I saw her body stiff in the street, made me really shocked and regretted what i did before. Every second I always blame myself for that incident... Why I can’t protect her properly? Why it should happen to her and not me? I really regret it. Saw her hurt like that was the biggest mistake I did. Since that day, I promised myself started to become a real man. A strong man that can protect her better than anyone else, until everyone can see me as a man disered by any women everywhere.

But, what I do instead always make her hurt more. When she confessed her feelings tom me, my mind being confused by her. Must I have to accept her feeling or refuse her feelings? I feel that time was not the right time to accept it all. Because ... My stupid promise that i made for her.

After hearing she will depart to left Korea soon, It made ​​me more confused with..  what should I do now. Should she leave me alone for a longtime? What if she gets another man that better than myself? I can’t stand it.

If now she's in front of me, I promise... I will confess my feeling to her. I will apologize about all my cold act to her and confess my hidden feeling. I will hug her warmly for the first time, and also for the first time i will say...

I really love you

For whole of my life, Kangmi



Cr gif : as tagged 

Thanks for reading~ i'm sorry if there's some mistakes T.T 

i'm new for this >.<