The Beginning of the End

Janus

Suho’s POV

 

It was a cold evening but both of his palms were wet with sweat. He kept stealing glances at the petite girl on the couch, giggling with her friends but he just could not take his eyes away from that smile.

 

“Come on, Suho. You are a grown man. Just go there, and say hi. Just hi. And maybe tell her what a beautiful smile she has. Compliment her dazzling eyes and her small face with that smooth milky skin and full red lips. Okay, too much, Suho. Too much.” Suho just stood there, having a monologue with himself about the choice of words he should use to say to her. He didn’t even realize he had stood there for almost an hour since he first decided to talk to her, yet there he was, standing at the corner of room mustering the non-existent courage in him.

 

“Geez, why did I even agree to Kyungsoo to attend this party for him?” Kyungsoo was his only twin brother and he didn’t know how that pea brain can get into this prestigious college too. “ my life, I might even have to spend my whole life with this stupid kid” he said to himself when they both got the offer letter.

 

Apparently, Kyungsoo was sick and that was why he ended up in this party.

“Come on, you need some fresh air! Meet new people! This is what college is for! Besides, I always tell Baekhyun about you. You won’t be so awkward and he can’t wait to see my best bro.”

 

“Fresh air, my .” Since Suho stepped into the party, he inhaled air more polluted than Kyungsoo’s fart. The reek of weed, cig smoke and god knows what more filled his nostrils. Fortunately, Baekhyun was super friendly. Mind the super. When he first arrived, Suho hesitated a bit to knock the door but suddenly a young man with thick eyeliner opened the door and hugged him before he had time to introduced himself and this man, who finally said his name was Baekhyun just kept talking, and gave no chance for Suho to say anything.

 

“Well, maybe Kyungsoo did say a lot about me for Baekhyun to act like he knows me for ages” Suho said to himself.

Baekhyun was constantly harassing his until he grabbed a drink and found a chair so that Baekhyun didn’t have the chance to touch his again with those feminine hands. After suho sat down, Baekhyun left him alone with an obviously disappointed face.

 

He was on his way to grab another drink when he noticed this girl. He always snorted when he watched romantic films where the heroine just has this intense white glow around her and everything just moves in slow motion and how ridiculously her hair flew graciously as if its caught in the wind (god knows where the wind came from in a closed room) but he was experiencing it. He could not believe it. He did not see any production crew to fan her and any big light above to give those effects on her. He blinked his eyes for a few times but he just could not deny her beauty.

 

“Just go talk to her before your feet get planted to the floor” a tall, lean boy said to him. With his dorky smile and ridiculously elfish ears, unmistakably this boy was Chanyeol. Everyone in campus knew Chanyeol. Even a reclusive guy like Suho knew him. Chanyeol was the perfect guy. He excelled in academics and was president of a few clubs. Yeah, he was one of the few extraordinary people who has everything going on for him. Suho was amazed yet sick at the same time to know that those kind of people had no flaws. Must be rolling in a big sum of money to conceal any flaws. Wait, why was this guy talking to him at the first place?

 

“Aish, cover your stupid face a bit. Let me be your wingman.” Without Suho’s consent, Chanyeol dragged him to that girl.

 

“NO NO NO NO NO. What the heck. Ohmagosh she’s so beautiful up close.” He started hyperventilating but he tried his best to keep his composure. Or so he thought but the truth was his sweat gland just kept producing sweat like something was wrong with his nervous system.

 

“Hey Jimin, have you met Kyungsoo yet?” Chanyeol said in one breath as they stood in front of the girl. Wait, wha-what? Kyungsoo? Woah he knew they were twins but Kyungsoo and him are two different person.

 

“No, Chan-”he tried to clear up the situation but Chanyeol just gave a pat on Suho’s shoulder and left. What was that for?!

“I’m.. Sorry. I’m not Kyungsoo. Seriously, I’m not that pea brain. Oh for god’s sake I can’t be him. Chanyeol mistaken me as my brother. Kyungsoo’s my twin brother. I don’t know why he did that because Kyungsoo is really different from me. He’s obviously shorter than me although we fight about it all the time and of course I won each time”, Suho just blurted out and he regretted what he was saying.

“WHY SUHO?! YOU ARE A STUPID HUMAN BEING” he started to scream in his head when he heard her angelic voice. She let out a few small laugh and he knew it was an exaggeration for him to just die there.

 

“Okay, I’m-not-Kyungsoo. What is your name, then? Or you prefer for me to call you not-Kyungsoo?” Okay he really wanted to die there. Why was he being a school girl here?

 

“Suho. My name is Suho”, he said as he finally found his voice though he sounded like a chocking cat.

 

“Suho? Like the guardian, Suho?”

 

“Yeah, Kyungsoo gave it to me when we were little. It might sound ridiculous to you”

 

“No. I think it suits you. You have such kind eyes that remind me of angels. Though I never even meet them personally”

 

‘I think she got it the other way round’ he said in his heart.

 

 

***

 

A man stood leaning on the wall, clad in all-black, emitting a mysterious aura. He had stood there for 30 minutes, eyeing his next target. He noticed there were a few interested glances for him but he ignored them. Those are typical es. He had enough of them. Everything about them screamed fake. Fake s, fake nose, fake bags and fake laugh. He wanted to find someone different that night. Maybe he could be a knight in shining armour. Comforting the poor souls who had just went through a break up with their boyfriends. Their tears always had some effect on him. He liked it when they were crying. He liked it even more when they screamed in pain. He liked it best when he saw the terror in their eyes as they plead mercy for their life.

 

He finally set his eyes on a women, slump with despair, sitting alone at the bar counter. He started to walk towards her and get ready to charm this woman like he did to hundreds of women before her. While she was crying her heart out to him, he was planning what method would be best to devour her. Torturing women were like cooking meat. Different kind of meat had different method to cook them. As she went on, he found something different about this woman. She had something special in her but she was still a . Maybe he could keep her for a while before playing with her.

 

‘First, marinate the meat with various types of spices to give it a unique flavour. This is going to be a delicious dish” he thought as he her hair and gave her soothing words.

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

“Hey there my beautiful angel. What are you doing? Getting prettier by seconds?”

Jimin received a text from Suho. Seriously, this guy. Why did she date him? Sometimes she just could not help but cringe at his cheesy lines but those were his charms. After she met him at that party six months ago, she just could not get rid of him from her mind. That panicked face when Chanyeol dragged him to her. His blabber about his twin. Everything about him on that day etched onto her mind, including his blonde hair and his kind eyes. Not to forget his awkwardness. She could not believe there was still a guy like him in this world. With handsome features and his uneasiness when other girls approached him made Jimin thought he really could not interact with other girls. He said he never been exposed to girls before and the only woman he ever talked to was his mother. Jimin wondered what good deeds she did in her previous life to receive this perfect guy.

 

“No. I’m having an excruciating moment in hell. I can’t get by Prof. Monotone’s lectures without yawning every 10 minutes.” Jimin replied to his text.

“Be careful not to burn your wings, my dear angel”, he replied. Jimin didn’t even have time to snort at his reply when suddenly Prof. Monotone asked Jimin to sum up about quark-gluon plasma, the hadron era and nucleosynthetic.

 

Jimin met Suho at a cafe after class as usual. They ordered their favourites and sat at their usual spot. It was spring and the air is heavy with sweet scent of flowers and it was a perfect spring day except that Prof. Monotone asked her to explain about the history of the universe. She hated anything related to history. She thought that she could finally run from history but it just kept chasing her around.

 

“Just forget about it,” Suho said while rubbing his thumb around her hand.

 

Jimin always love the way Suho held her hands. She was born with unusually warm hands and every time someone accidentally touched her hands, they always asked if she was having a fever. She would just shrug it off because she really did not know how to reply to that. When they hold hands for the first time, she was surprised that his hands was so cold even with the heater on. Suho then said, “It’s like heaven made us a matching pair. You, with extra warm hands and me with extra cold hands. So that we can hold each other’s hand forever”.

 

“Jimin, did you hear me?” Suho waved his hand in front of me.

 

‘Sorry, I was thinking about something. What is it?”

 

“What was on your mind? You had that beautiful smile plastered across your face. I hope you’re not always smiling when you are thinking because maybe that was the reason Prof. Monotone picked on you.” He was cute when he tried to be jealous.

 

“You are being over reacting. What you were saying earlier?”

 

“I said tonight I’m going to take you to somewhere special so you better go home early and pick out the best outfit.” Suho was doing one of his special plans again. Last time he set up a candlelight dinner and she was surprised when he said that he cooked it himself. His cooking skills put Jimin’s feminine side in shame. She could not even cook a perfect instant noodles.

 

“You’re not going to cook again, right? Because if you do, I want to help you. Maybe by just looking at you. You know, hot guy who cooks. No one would want to miss that” she said with a naughty smile on her face.

 

“Nope, I’m not cooking this time and it’s a surprise so it won’t be a surprise if I tell you. Plus, my cooking was not that good. I’m still an amateur,” Suho said with his face blushing.

 

“Are you going to shrug off all my compliments? Oh, Am I going to finally meet Kyungsoo? Pretty pleasseeee, I can’t stand anymore description of him from you. I want to see him.” Jimin said while doing her awkward cute act.

 

“You won’t even stand 5 minutes with that guy. He’s a jerk with women. And no more talking. Please, can we start walking to your house now so my plan could go smoothly?” Suho gently took her arm and started to walk her off to her house.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

“Going out with Jimin again, pretty face?” Kyungsoo asked with a smirk on his face.

 

“Yeah. And we are twins, so you know you said that to yourself, right?” Suho was having trouble with his hair. He tried not to do his usual middle parted hair but he just could not find any other style.

 

“Of course I know. That’s why I said pretty face. Oh please, just go with your middle parted style already. You are handsome as it is.”

 

“Scumbag. He just keeps complimenting himself,” Suho mumbled under his breath.

“What is in this girl you see, Suho? I told you to get rid of her quickly. It has been 6 freaking months”

 

Something in Suho started to boil but he just kept it in his heart because Kyungsoo was his brother.

 

“Jimin is not a and stop it with your stereotypes. Not all women are es. Plus she is the first girl I ever dated and I already see our future, our kids. Don’t you like kids, Kyungsoo? Nephews? We can finally have a normal, happy family.” Suho tried to change his brother’s mind. Kyungsoo’s heart went through so much damage and it made Suho feel bitter but with Jimin maybe they could have a happy family like in those happy Christmas movies.

 

Suho smiled and messed with his brother’s hair. He then left the house with a guitar on his back.

 

“You know we can never have a normal, happy family, Suho,” Kyungsoo said to himself.

 

***

 

Jimin’s POV

 

Suho and Jimin were walking after they had a pleasant dinner together. They talked about their boring day. It was the same thing anyway - boring lectures, never ending assignments and the constant flow of tests but they were pleased enough to be in each other’s company. The park that was colourful in broad daylight looked dim at night. They only follow the trail until Jimin found an aisle of candles which led to a spot decorated by twinkling lights and roses. It’s like those fairy tales every girl dreamt of as a child.

What’s up your sleeve this time, Suho?

 

Suho led Jimin to a white bench at the centre of the elegantly prepared space. Suho let go of her hand and grabbed a case hidden behind the bench. When she had figured out it was a guitar case, she tried hard not to burst into laughs.

 

“I know. Hold your beautiful laugh and let me finish this song.”

 

When he started to sing, she was mesmerized by his voice. He has a sweet, soothing voice. She was swept away by Suho’s sweet voice and it took a while for Jimin to focus on the lyrics.

 

“...like the beginning when steeping into Eden

Believing you every day from the bottom of my heart

I always want to protect you

So that even the small things won’t tire you out, I’m eternally in love

As your guardian, I will block the stiff wind

Even though people turn their backs to you

If I could become the person

Who can wipe your tears on a tiring day

It will be a paradise..”

 

She didn’t even realize when she started to cry until Suho brushed her tears away. She realized she could not stop her constant flow of tears. It was just an arrangement of beautiful melody but she was touched by the lyrics and his angelic voice.

 

“My angel, please stop crying. I did not mean to make you cry,” Suho frowned with confusion. He was afraid if he did something she didn’t like.

 

“No, it was so beautiful. Thank you, Suho”

 

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

Kyungsoo didn’t like his brother with that anymore. She was just like any other women. Filthy. Superficial. Weak-willed. He decided it is the time to finally meet her but first he must settle this first.

 

Her voluptuous body was marked by cuts and bruises. She was unconscious but soon she would wake up for him to enjoy that moment again. Her eyelids began to move a bit and slowly she opened her eyes. She was startled to find her legs and hands were in binds. He could see panic in her eyes and her first instinct was to scream for help but her scream ended up as a muffle. Under the dim light, she began to make out the silhouette in front of her. It was a guy. She looked straight into his eyes, pleading for mercy. Kyungsoo loved that. He savoured the moment of terror. It became his ecstasy. He began to aim the gun at the centre of her forehead. The victim started to scream and struggled even harder but to no avail. He finally pulled the trigger and the bullet passed through her head, a splash of Kyungsoo’s favourite colour, crimson red.

 

 

 

Suho’s POV

 

“Hey, Suho. This Jimin b-girl. Is she really pretty like you described? I hope she’s not some kind of nerd you picked up just because you are desperate for a woman’s touch.” Kyungsoo started his daily doses of mocking Suho.

 

“If you are going to be a jerk again then finish your dinner quickly so I can rest my ears”

 

“No, I’m serious. If she’s that pretty, maybe I should meet her. You know, evaluate her. To see whether this girl really deserves to be with this handsome brother of mine.” Kyungsoo said casually as if it’s not a big deal.

 

“Really? You are not joking, right? I’m still mad about the other day when I planned for you to meet her but you were gone, disappeared into thin air.” Suho still could not forget about that day when Jimin looked at him as if he had gone mad.

 

“Yeah, really. Have some faith in your brother,” Kyungsoo said while patting her brother’s shoulder. Suho was speechless and just rolled his eyes.

 

***

 

Jimin’s POV

 

A knock came from the door. Kyungsoo lazily walked over to open the door. Jimin was surprised to see a guy in an all-black outfit at the other side of the door. He looked exactly like Suho but there was definitely a different aura to him that she just can’t put her finger on it. For a second, they were both just stood there, looking at each other. He was frowning and Jimin quickly introduced herself “Hi, I’m Jimin. Suho’s -”

 

“Yeah, yeah I know you. Suho told me a lot about you more than I want to. Come in. Suho had to run some errands.” Kyungsoo opened the door wider to let Jimin enter the house.

 

‘Well, what a warm welcome.’ Jimin kept that to herself.

 

“Suho said he might be late for... Whatever. I forgot what he said earlier. Anyway, if you are hungry just eat whatever he cooked for us.” Suho was out 30 minutes earlier and Kyungsoo knew he would not be back anytime soon. That smart- guy.

 

They both sat in silence while eating their dinner. The awkwardness in the air was chocking Jimin slowly. She must say something.

 

“So, who’s older?”

 

“Suho.” kyungsoo replied without even look to her eyes.
 

She was running out of topics to talk to this guy. She started to call Suho when Kyungsoo said “Don’t bother to call him. He left his phone here. I tried to call him before you arrived.”

 

Jimin slowly put her handphone back into her bag. Disappointed at Suho for leaving her with this gloomy guy alone. Out of idea, she decided to say whatever came into her mind and she suddenly remembered something.

“Kyungsoo, did you ever noticed anything weird about Suho lately? He kept having headaches.”

 

“No,” Kyungsoo said as he stared at his plate of food. She was amazed that he wasn’t burning a hole on that plate.

 

‘That’s it. I’m done with this guy. Better get out of this place before I die out of frustration,’ Jimin thought to herself as she started to finish the meal and stand up.

 

“Hey, I just remembered that I have something to do. Say thanks to Suho for this wonderful meal.”

 

No reply from kyungsoo.

 

‘Great. A short ‘k’ would suffice but he just had to shut his mouth,’ Jimin thought.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

Kyungsoo was shocked at first. There she stood, with strands of her hairs out of place due to the strong wind outside but looking beautiful as ever. When he finally got back to his senses, he registered her silvery voice and was speechless. It was better than all those moan, better than all those screams. He did not believe in love. Although he had encountered countless love making with worthless women, he never truly felt a woman's love. But warmth started to creep in his stone cold heart. He didn’t know how to react to this woman. He was usually charming but that was mostly an act to lure those prey. He wanted to say something nice but his mouth said otherwise.

 

“Whatever. Just be yourself,” Kyungsoo said to himself.

 

It was an awkward dinner but not for Kyungsoo. He enjoyed the presence of this woman beside him. He was aware of her attempt to start a conversation but he could not bring words to his mouth to reply her. Sometimes she let out a few awkward laughs to lighten up the mood and for the first time, he never heard anything more melodious than that. Not even the plea of his previous victims.

 

‘I must own this woman,’ he thought to himself and he was determined to make this girl his.

When Jimin excused herself, Kyungsoo felt the tiniest bit of disappointment and wanted her to stay longer. “Maybe next time,” kyungsoo said to himself.

 

 

Suho’s POV

 

Suho entered Kyungsoo’s room and switched on the light.

“Not again.” Suho grunted and tried not to step onto that pool of blood but failed. Screw it. He was going to throw out that shoe anyway. Kyungsoo was doing his work again. He was terrified by his brother but he kept it to himself. He tried to take Kyungsoo to the therapist but nothing changed. He would never forget those screams. Those hideous , pleading, screaming of victims in agonizing pain. He would wake up in the middle of the night to those terrible sounds. Sometimes it was real, sometimes it was in his head.

 

He didn’t have the heart to turn his brother in because Kyungsoo was his only brother. The one and only person he truly loved. He knew Kyungsoo could not help it. He was obsessed. He was possessed by his own addiction- Kyungsoo was addicted to torturing women.

 

“It was not his fault. He can’t help it,” Suho chanted every time he had to bleach the floor.

Despite his cajole about his brother, he sensed an unsettling feeling in his heart. Now that he had Jimin, the only woman he had loved, he was afraid that Kyungsoo might do something to her but he refuted that thought by saying Jimin was not Kyungsoo’s type. He didn’t go for girls like Jimin for his victims. He prayed hard she wasn’t.

 

Kyungsoo's POV

 

Kyungsoo couldn't help it. He was falling for her. He thought maybe after spending a few nights with other women and getting his hands dirty would make him forget her but no, he just couldn't get her out of his mind. When he saw the blood on the floor, he thought of Jimin's full red lips, how it would taste with his mouth. Her smooth miky skin, her shiny black hair that fell perfectly on her back. He wanted to caress all parts of her. He wanted to hear her melodious laughter. He wanted her. When Suho went to meet Jimin, Kyungsoo would follow them quietly, observing them from far. He saw the way Jimin looked at Suho and he was frustrated because those twinkling eyes should be for him. That smile and laughter should be for him. He was the one who should be holding hands with her and walk by her side. Sometimes, when he could not stand observing his brother's dates, he went back home; shutting himself in his own cocoon, planning some sinister strategy to get her.

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

"Sorry I'm late. Caught up in a few things. Did you order yet?"

 

Jimin was speechless for a while. It took her a few seconds to recognize who was this person.

 

"Suho?" Jimin asked, feeling ridiculous for not recognizing her own boyfriend.

 

"Yeah....are you okay? What is wrong with you?" Suho was frowning and he seemed worried about her.

 

Jimin observed her boyfriend again. When she was first met Suho, he was blonde. He was always blonde and with his typical middle-parted hair but this Suho, it took her a few minutes to digest his new image. He now sports jet-black hair and his hair is up, revealing his forehead.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm surprised by your makeover," Jimin said to cleared up Suho's confusion.

 

"Oh, I thought it's about time to return to my root colour. Though I do miss being blonde," Suho confessed as he tousled his hair.

 

It was weird for Jimin but she just shrugged it off, thinking maybe the fact that spring is drawing to a close has some kind of effect on Suho to somehow adopt a change in style. Strangely, Suho looked more like his twin brother, Kyungsoo. Then she snorted. Of course they looked the same- they're practically identical twins. What a fool.

 

After they had their lunch, Suho told Jimin that he wanted to take her to a special place. That was nothing new. Suho was full of surprises, trips and events. She wondered what he cooked up this time round.

 

After an hour-long journey, they finally arrived at what appeared a big abandoned mansion in the middle of nowhere. The road coming up to this mansion was full of challenges because it was situated on a hillside in an isolated area. Even though it was hard to get there, but it was worth it. They were feasted with an incredibly beautiful sight. She knew why they built a mansion on this ridiculous place. It was because of the view. They could see a little town, buzzing with what looks like ant-sized people, doing their daily activities. She was also greeted by a light breeze and the smell of ocean filled in her lungs. Not far from the town, she could see the sparkling blue ocean as the light reflects the surface of the water.

 

Jimin turned to face Suho and said, "This place is amazing. Thank you for bringing me here."

 

"I'm glad you like it," Suho looked at her and smiled.

 

"So what is so special about this place?" Jimin finally asked what has been in her mind since they got there.

 

"This was our home." Suho was staring at the house. But to Jimin, rather than staring at the house, it seemed like he was staring to the farthest place on earth.

"So this is the house you grew up in?" She was curious as to why he brought her here. He was also reluctant to talk about his family other than Kyungsoo.

 

"Yes, the home Kyungsoo and I grew up in. Where we were born, where we first learned how to walk, where we got our education. Basically, this is where we spent majority our lives before going off to college."

 

"Oh? I didn't know you guys were home-schooled. Don't you guys ever went out to town?"

 

That explained his social awkwardness. A lot.

 

"Yeah, my mother had this paranoia with people after our father died. She taught us herself since she was a professor and we had maids so there was no need to go out," he explained and finally shifted his gaze from the house.

________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

"This is it. Today is the day," Kyungsoo said to himself while taking a last look before he went out. He was going to pretend to be Suho so he could spend some time with Jimin. This was the only way because he didn't want Jimin to look at him as any other person; he wanted jimin to look at him as the person she loved. He was uncomfortable with Suho's middle parted so he decided to set his hair up, showing his forehead.

 

"Aish, she's not going to notice it anyway" he mumbled to himself.

 

He finally arrived at the cafe and he was nervous. Jimin was not going to be deceived by his lie so easily, she was confused for a while and it took Kyungsoo a great effort not to let it show and kept playing the I'm-definitely Suho-card. When he finally convinced her, he told her their plan for the day.

 

Along the ride, he was playing scenes in his mind, about how Jimin will react when she sees the house. He didn't know where to go and he didn't want to risk it by going to a place with familiar crowd- afraid that people would recognize him. Of course, he could just lie and keep the act but he wanted to bring Jimin to a special place. There was nothing more special than a place where it was all began. When he got out of the car, he inhaled the familiar smell of the sea, saw the green scenery around them and was greeted by once a majestic mansion but now a derelict. He stared into the house and the memories overtook him.

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

It was a quiet ride home. Jimin could sense something was bothering Suho since he arrived at his old house. Jimin was worried about Suho and she plead for him to tell her what was bothering him. Finally, Suho opened up about his childhood and talked about his mother.

 

Both he and Kyungsoo grew up in an environment with no love, secluded from society. "My mom was professor. She devoted her life in her experiments. She was studying about brain waves or something like that. She spent most of her time in her laboratory in our basement and rarely went out. It was my mother's way of grieving for my father. She’s often deep in her work," he stopped for a while and smirked before continued "Of course Kyungsoo doesn't agree to that. He still hold grudges to that poor old woman. He said grief and overworking was just an excuse for her to cover up why she had abandoned her children. Maybe his hate towards our mother made him a jerk towards women. Sometimes we argue about mother. Sure she didn't shower us with love but she had not forgotten about us; she gave us place to live, proper education, enough food and clothes. We just... lacked a mother's touch." He didn't utter a word after that.

 

Jimin was heartbroken when she heard about it. Every muscle in her body was strained not to let tears roll down as she tried to hide her tears. Suho however was not crying. He had this blankness in his eyes. There was no usual kindness his eyes but bitterness, and maybe a flame of anger. Maybe Jimin was seeing things because Suho was not the kind of guy that would hold a grudge.

 

They were both in their own world and Jimin reached for Suho's free hand. To her surprise, Suho flicnched. Maybe he was in deep thought and didn't realized she reached for him.

 

"I love you," Jimin said, not knowing how to express her feelings. A part of her sympathized him and another part of her felt proud that Suho managed to get out of there and still be a good person.

 

It was strange because Suho didn't reply her. He just focused on his driving but he kept his grip to her. For a moment, Jimin was a bit bewildered by his silence but maybe he was still overwhelmed.

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

On the way home, his childhood memories kept playing in his mind. Jimin noticed his blank stare and he could not say no to her plea. He told her about his childhood. However, he did not tell the full story nor the ending. He did not tell her how his mother used Suho and him as her lab rats. She taught them for the purpose of seeing their brain waves. Sometimes she also used hot wires or her weird torturing devices. Suho always told him that at least she gave them basic needs but for Kyungsoo, it was just for keeping them there. Just to keep them alive. So that she could use them again. Crazy old woman. Kyungsoo kept playing the scenes in his mind, how he felt when he finally killed that old woman. The exhilaration. He felt like he was being born again. It was his starting point- of killing women.

He was in deep thought when suddenly he felt warm hands surrounding his. He was surprised and flinched a bit, but thankfully it went unnoticed. It was Jimin. Maybe because he was too preoccupied with his old memories that he simply forgot about her. Without warning, she uttered three dangerous words. He was taken aback by her action and didn't know how to respond. What should he reply? No female ever said she loved Kyungsoo before. He wanted to say I love you too but it got stuck in the middle of his throat. He just kept quiet and drove home. That trickling warmth crept again in his heart.

 

***

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

He washed up and was getting ready to sleep when suddenly Suho came in without warning and shouted, "GO AWAY FROM JIMIN".

 

He was surprised, he never saw Suho this mad except when he killed their mother.

 

"No, she said she loved me." Kyungsoo got up and faced his brother.

 

Suho took a few deep breaths and tried to restore what's left of his sanity.

"She thought you were me. You pretended to be me."

 

"You and I are twins. What difference does it make?" Suho could not believe what was coming out from Kyungsoo's mouth.

 

"THE DIFERENCE IS I'M NOT A PSYCHOTIC MURDERER THAT ENJOYS KILLING WOMEN!"

 

That's where Kyungsoo draw the line."Psychotic? ARE YOU SAYING I'M CRAZY?!! ARE YOU SAYING I'M THE SAME AS THAT OLD WOMAN?!"

 

Kyungsoo's predator scenes flashed before him and Suho could see Kyungsoo's eyes were filled with insanity. Indeed, he had gone mad.

 

Surprisingly, Kyungsoo did not harm Suho. He looked straight into Suho's eyes with a pair of eyes that had lost its shine and said "I will prove to you that Jimin loves me," and Kyungsoo left their house.

 

***

 

Jimin’s POV

 

Jimin heard erratic knocking and came running for her door. She looked through the peep hole and saw Suho. He seemed impatient and kept knocking. Jimin felt alarmed by his weird behaviour not to mention he seemed a bit…off. She shook off those thoughts and opened the door with a panting Suho in front of her, as if he had just completed a marathon.

 

“Suho? Why are you here? Did you forgot somethi-" Jimin didnt have time to finish her sentence when suddenly Suho interrupted "I'm not Suho. I'm Kyungsoo."

 

She was not expecting that. Maybe it was the same hair colour or she was still tired from the journey, she could not differentiate between the two.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. You dyed you hair black too, I could not recognize you. Is something wrong?" They were still standing at her door and Kyungsoo was stealing glances at the interior of her house.

 

"I'm sorry. Where's my manners. Please, come in. Have a seat. You look like you would like a glass of water. I'll be right back," Jimin said leaving Kyungsoo in her living room while she went to her kitchen. It was a simple living room- with a sofa, a cute coffee table in the middle and on it, a small vase with plastic flowers accompanied with piles of books. He sat on the battered grey sofa.

 

"Sorry, my house looks a bit shabby compared to yours. This is what I can afford for now." She came back to living room and handed Kyungsoo a glass of water. He took a few sips and looked straight into her eyes. It was creeping her out.

 

"Do you love me?" It came out of nowhere and Kyungsoo's sudden question confused Jimin. She did just met him once and it was a disaster. And now this guy suddenly asked her if she loves him?

 

"Um... I'm sorry, I don't think I understand. Did you just asked me if I love you or is my mind is playing tricks on me because I don't think I heard-"

 

"Do. You. Love. Me?" Kyungsoo asked again. With the same face expression, with the same tone of voice. Jimin started to feel her blood leaving her and slowly moved her hand to search for her hand phone in her pocket but she realised that she left it in her room.

 

She gulped and said "you must be mistaken. Um...No…I don't exactly love you but if we can get to know each other better maybe we can be good friends."

 

"Good friends? You said you love me," Jimin was alarmed by Kyungsoo's actions as he slowly approached her and she was trying to figure out how to run from him.

 

"You said you love me. In the car earlier. You, with you beautiful lips, said that. And you touched me with those warm hands. I didn't know what to reply at that time but I.." there was no was no way she could escape him. He was so near she could feel his breathe while he was talking. None of it made sense and Jimin was too focus on trying to escape.

 

"I love you," Kyungsoo finally said the words. He grabbed both of her arms. It was a bit too hard and Jimin could feel his nails digging into her flesh.

 

"SAY YOU LOVE ME BACK!!" Kyungsoo was shaking her furiously and Jimin was helpless. "I-I-I love you." Tears started to flow and Kyungsoo smiled. He smiled and started to laugh like a maniac.

 

"See, Suho? She said she loves me. I told you she loves me."

 

"Tell Suho again so he can clearly hear that you love me." He shook her again and demanded her to repeat those words. Jimin was confused. There was no Suho. She was sure that there was no one else in her tiny living room.

 

"Kyungsoo, I can't see Suho. He's not here." She started to sob. She was afraid by the man in front of her. He looked like the person she loved, Suho, but it was someone else. Suho was not this person.

 

"Sure he's here. You let him in, with me. He was here all this time. Right beside you."

 

Jimin looked to her left and there was no one. Just a coffee table.

 

"Jimin please get out of here. Run, go find the police." Suddenly his grip on her loosened and for a moment, she saw Suho in his eyes.

 

"NO. SHE CAN'T LEAVE. SHE WANTS TO BE WITH ME FOREVER." his grip tightened again and this time he threw her down and her head knocked into the coffee table. Her gaze blurred and she felt warm liquid on her forehead. She saw Kyungsoo or Suho or whoever that person was standing and shouting.

 

"CAN'T YOU HEAR? SHE LOVES ME. BESIDES SHE COULDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US."

 

"No, you forced her. You hurt her, see? She is injured." He started walking to her and tried to help her up but then took off to an opposite direction.

 

"NO. YOU LEFT ME WITH NO CHOICE."

 

"You can't have her, Kyungsoo. You will only hurt her, like all the other women. Like what you did to mother. Like those women you buried in our backyard."

 

"THEY DESERVED THAT. THOSE ES DESERVED THAT AND MA WAS TORTURING US SUHO. YOU KNOW THAT"

 

It was like watching two people. One was pleading and the other one was a mad man but it was all coming from one man. He was having a conversation with himself. Jimin could not afford to lift herself, let alone comprehend the whole situation. She felt as if there is a rock on top her head. And she could feel the warm liquid on her forehead earlier dripping down to her right side, drenching her clothes with red blood.

 

"IF I CANT HAVE HER NOR WILL YOU!"

 

Jimin’s POV

 

Jimin started to regain conciousness but her vision was still obstructed. Her first reaction was to move her arm and legs however her movements were restricted. Ropes tied her down to a chair nor could she speak, as was taped.  As her vision cleared up, she could make out her surroundings better. She was encircled with candles. The only source of light was from the candle and she could see a figure lighting up more candles. He was singing something in a melodious tone. His voice was angelic. It reminds her of Suho.

 

“..I always want to protect you

So that even the small things won't tire you out,

i'm eternally in love

As your guardian, i will block the stiff wind...'

 

How she wished those lyrics were real. How she wished Suho would suddenly barge in and become her saviour but she remembered Suho was not real. He was trapped in a crazy guy's body or Suho was real but his evil side had overtook him. She was confused, she didn't know which one is true- or who is anymore. The singing stopped.

 

"Ah, I see our lovely bride has woken up" the figure started to walk to her. It was Suho. Or was it Kyungsoo. She didn't know who this guy is anymore.

 

"I think we are done with the preparation and we can proceed to the big occasion; our wedding. So no one can take you away anymore. Okay, honey?" So it was Kyungsoo. She started to sob.

 

"No, please, don't cry. I love seeing women cry, but not this time. It's our wedding. Please be happy. Oh, I'm sorry. I'll take that off you so we can each recite our vow."

 

He peeled the tape off . She wanted to scream but she knew that wouldn't work. They were obviously in a secluded place. She could not recognize this place and there are no windows to let in the moonlight; it was probably a basement.

 

"Why are you doing this to me?" She had so many questions but that escaped from .

 

"Because I don't want anyone else to have you. Not even Suho."

 

"But you ARE Suho." Jimin was trying to talk some sense into this guy but it was a disastrous try.

 

"I TOLD YOU, I'M NOT SUHO. I'M DO KYUNGSOO" he was tugging at his hair and stomping his feet. He was like a child in some kind of way. As if he had explained this a lot of time before.

 

"Okay, okay. Kyungsoo. Please, can you let me out of these ropes?" She was trying to be as calm as she could and planning an escape plan in her mind.

 

"Do you think I'm stupid? People always said I was crazy but they never told me I was stupid." He was circling her. Whispering beside her ears.

 

"NOW, LET THE CEREMONY BEGIN!" he suddenly shouted and took his place in front of her. He started to hum the classic bridal chorus.

 

"Will you, Park Jimin, take Do Kyungsoo as your husband?' he recite the vow and he stared into her eyes. There was warmth in his eyes. She didn't know whether that was Suho resurfacing and just Kyungsoo. One thing she sure was they both need love.

 

"Answer yes" his eyes started to hardened.

 

"Y-yes"

 

"And I, Do Kyungsoo will take Park Jimin as my lovely wife," he smiled. He was smiling that beautiful smile. She almost forgot how she loved his smile, it was sweet with just a hint of innocence. He reached out for a tall champagne glass on the floor. Suddenly he stopped in the middle of the action. He was struggling with himself. One moment he was reaching for the champagne glass and one moment he was clutching his own hands, avoiding him from grabbing the glass.

 

"No, Suho. It is too late. You can't stop us. We are married now. We are going to be happy forever. No one can separate Jimin and me." He grabbed the drink and forced it down .

 

Tears started to flow down Jimin's cheek. She didn't what to gulp down whatever he put in the glass but it was definitely just champagne, right?

 

Moments later her heartbeat slowed down, it was getting hard for her to breathe. Her lungs scream for oxygen and her organs was burning. She was choking for air. She stared at Kyungsoo for the last time then she saw again those eyes. Those eyes she looked into at the party. Eyes that made her fall in love with him. Those kind and warm eyes when he sang the song to her. The same twinkling it had when they cuddled together. Those eyes that she saw are now glassy and tears were also falling from them. It was Suho. For a split second, she was sure it was Suho, mouthing "I'm sorry." Blankness slowly blanket her.

 

***

 

 Suho’s POV

 

Suho watched Jimin fade away. It was too late. He held her once warm hands and kissed them for the very last time. One second he was looking into Jimin's loving eyes and the next he watched them close forever, unable to do anything. He was overridden by guilt. He could not see a better ending.

 

In one swift movement, before Kyungsoo could stop him, he took the rest of champagne and drank it. With only one single thought in mind "till death do us part," he carefully laid down next to Jimin's unmoving body and enveloped them in his arms. He smiled and for the first time, felt at peace.