and the one time she loves

four times in which she loved

she sits in front of the fire-place, next to jessica. the fire provides warmth to them both, as they sip hot chocolate leisurely, spilling secrets to each other. it provides light in the dark room- illuminating the area. yellow light shines lightly on the red couches, the light caramel carpet, the tables next to the couches, the curtain-covered windows, and other things around the living room of the small cottage-like house.

"so, taeyeon, how many have you fallen in love with?" jessica speaks, letting her lips meet the edges of a crimson colored mug, letting her tongue taste the heavenly chocolate. the brown-haired girl speaks softly in the dark of the night, so as not to disturb the silent nature of the house. her head lightly tilted in curiosity, as she awaits the others reply.

taeyeon holds up five fingers, "five. i suppose, anyway. that's all i can remember."

"who?"

the black-haired girl purses her lips, "i'm not gonna tell you their actual names. so, it'd be chohee, jinhyun, michael, catherine, and uh, jenny." she replies, nodding her head lightly, "you don't really know most of them, though."

jessica tilts her head, "what were they like? like- what was it like to fall in love with them?"

"what's with all the questions, jessi?" taeyeon lets out a light chuckle, shaking her head lightly to give the girl a curious look.

"i just.. tell me, please."

"alright, alright." the black-haired girl nods, defeated, "chohee was.. i don't really know where to begin with. she was my sun, you know, she gave light to my life. funny, cause her name means sunshine. she was a little deceiving though, i don't know if she's ever lied to me or not, but i like to think she never did. she liked to joke a whole lot, and she'd always want anyone around her to laugh. except... for when it was night time. i don't really know what'd happen to her, but suddenly she'd be a lot more sullen, a lot more darker.. unlike her usual self, i guess. but then again, i don't really think i ever found out who she was. was she the bright girl who'd always be smiling, or the one who'd cry out of her eyes and bleed out of her wrists? i don't know.""

"what happened to her?" 

taeyeon felt uneasiness blossom inside her, growing beneath her skin like flowers in may, "she.. she...." the black haired girl failed to conclude.

she stopped for a moment. glancing down at the mug in her hands resting on her lap. breathing in deep breaths, she looked up and into the eyes of the girl sitting parallel to her, observing her features. soft jawline, almond eyes, a nose which was definitely altered but that's alright, taeyeon thought, brown hair that fell down to her sides in soft curls. 

taking in a deep, deep breath, taeyeon spoke again, "she jumped off of a building and somehow managed to crash into a bunch of flowerpots in a truck. she could've survived the fall but the pesticides and the thorns of the roses penetrated into her skin. she fell face first, by the way, and let's say that the thorns and edges of cracked clay aren't too easy on your neck or your eyes."

"what about jinhyun?"

"he was a pretty chill guy. a bit quiet, but pretty nice to unwind and relax with. and gosh, he was ing amazing in bed. i actually met him at the bar, i don't really remember what it was called but i think it was florescent funk, or something. we didn't last too long, honestly. but.. i think his eyes were a dark maze and i got lost, i guess. he was like a breath of fresh air. his aura was indescribable. it was welcoming but it felt like he had a warning sign on him. if you can't tell yet, he ended the relationship. he felt i was too plain and stuff, or something of the sort. i don't quite remember what exactly he said because in all truth, i was drunk most of the time back then. or at least, when i was with him."

"michael?" jessica tilted her head to the side, interested in the other girls tales about her love life.

"he was quite a chirpy guy. i remember that he'd always dye his hair some color every week. it was vegetable dye, though. i didn't really mind it. but it kind of felt like he changed with his hair, or something. i don't really remember much of him except for that we lasted five months or something and that we broke up cause i didn't really love him as i did in the beginning and also he found some guy named jonghyun and i really didn't mind that.

"catherine? what was she like? by the way, your descriptions are getting shallower by the minute." jessica nodded, leaning in closer to taeyeon, "make hers a little deeper- and tell me what she looked like too, damn! for all i know, you could be defining how you fell in love with a potato or something."

taeyeon let out a light chuckle, covering her wide-open mouth as she laughed because her mother doted on her to be more girly for goodness' sake, taeyeon!

"catherine. well, physically, she was pale, tall, and had black hair which was kind of wavy. and she had this mature aura or something and she spoke so gently, even if she was excited or angry, or something. and gosh she was like.. amazing. she cried a lot though, not that i minded. and she was a little clumsy but i guess i was clumsier to fall for her so mindlessly, right?" taeyeon gave a soft smile, her eyes crinkling slightly.

jessica inched closer to taeyeon, and lay her head on the other's crossed lap. she looked up to the girl, "and jenny?"

taeyeon heaved a big breath, "i don't really need to tell you much about her. you know her quite well."

upon hearing that, the brown haired girl sat up, "really? oh, do tell me her real name! i didn't know you were dating."

taeyeon shook her head, "i'm not. she just doesn't like me in that way, i guess."

"who in their right mind wouldn't like you?" jessica vehemently shook her head, "you're so lovely. like.. not just from the outside, but from the inside, too. and gosh, you've got the most beautiful voice i have ever heard. and you've got such a pure heart, and oh, i swear, your smile is brighter than the stars at night. and- oh.." jessica reached an abrupt stop, realizing that she'd been rambling on about the other girl who sat amused.

"uhm, anyway, go on about jenny." jessica spoke again, flustered.

"jenny... i don't need to tell you anything about her."

"what, why?"

"because... you're jenny."

silence.

 

but, the silence only lasted for a few moments until a soft thud resounded in the room. the fire-place shone lightly upon the two girls tangled in an embrace. while their lips met each others, both could feel heat in their bodies. it was glorious until taeyeon broke apart.

"jessi.." she began, "i'm sorry."

the other girl was awestruck.

"i can't.. i can't do this."

"w- what?" 

 

silence.

 

"i can't do this while i'm covered in chocolate..." taeyeon let out a small chuckle.

the only response jessica had was to hit the others arm and fall down in laughter by her side.

 

 

and, at last, all was well.