Prolouge

Searching for Death

 

    Five-year-old Chorong crossed the road without hesitation. She did not take any notice about everything that was happening around her. Not even the car that was driving at a speed that could knock her. Dead . Suddenly, she saw a black figure standing on the other side of the road. It didn’t look too peculiar but Chorong really could not tell. The black robe covered it’s entire body and black hood over its head. Chorong could barely see it’s face. Entirely, it looked like the exact way someone would imagine a….

‘Kid, look out!’ someone yelled.

……a grim reaper.

 Chorong could hear it doing a countdown. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6,

 

Five

Chorong could not move her legs. Every second seems like it was freezing for a moment.

Four

The truck gets closer.  She could hear people yelling at her to get out of the way.

Three

She turns at the grim reaper. She whispered to herself. But somehow she knew it could hear her whispering ‘Are counting the last seconds of my life?’

Two

Chorong saw a shadow before she felt a sudden impact from behind.

ONE

Chorong fell and lost her sight when she heard a loud crash.

 

     Everything happened quickly. Too quickly. She could hear concerned voices. There were about five people. She felt like someone was touching her arms and legs as if a doctor was inspecting his patient. It wasn’t deniable, for when she opened her eyes, she had a foggy view of two men inspecting her body parts. Strangely, Chorong felt absolutely no pain. Her confusion was answered quickly when she heard someone say ‘She’s fine.’

   Chorong sat up straight, looking at the people around her with large innocent eyes. ‘So this is what they mean when they say a human can change fate’ she heard a voice say. She was positive enough that it was not of the people around her. The voice made her shrivel. She saw another crowd. Just beside the crowd that was surrounding her. They looked worried.

She saw someone lying on the ground. Chorong did not know who it was. It appeared to be a young  man. Suddenly, she saw the grim reaper standing amongst the crowd. Although Chorong could not see it’s face, Chorong could feel that it was looking at her, giving a cold stare. It left the crowd when somebody announced ‘He is dead’

****************************************************************

      The rain poured heavily. Chorong was late for her chemistry class. She still could not get used to the old college. Many leaks invited raindrops into the staircase Chorong intended to use. The steps were slippery. Rumors say many terrible accidents happened at this particular staircase. Many people walked slowly when using this stairs but not Chorong. She wished she did as she slipped.

   ‘I’m gonna fall!!’ Chorong screamed in her head. Her voice translated it to a tiny scream. She closed her eyes. ‘Why am I not falling?’ Chorong became puzzled. She felt an arm wrapped around her waist. Then she felt like she was standing. Chorong opened her eyes and indeed she was standing. But there was no one. ‘How is that possible? I’m sure there was someone!’ Then she heard footsteps coming. It was her lab partners, the Jo twins.

‘Ah, Park Chorong! Did you slip? We heard you scream.’ Said one of the twins. Chorong still didn’t answer.

‘Chorong, are you ok? You seem like you just saw a ghost.’ Said the other. Chorong snapped out of her thoughts.

‘Huh? Yeah… I’m ok.’ Chorong sounded as if she just woke from a long sleep.

‘Well, class got cancelled. Prof. Lee broke her leg at this very staircase.’ One twin said. Chorong still sounded confused.

‘Err… Chorong, you still can’t tell us apart?’

‘Well…. yes. I’m sorry.Even your voices are the same. I can’t tell who’s talking and  who’s not’

‘It’s ok. Just remember that Youngmin always wears  a beanie.’

‘And Kwangmin always goes around hatless.’

‘Oh ok…’ Chorong nodded her head.

   But Chorong still had something in her head. Who was it? Chorong was positive someone had held her when was about to fall. But she couldn’t see anyone. Maybe only she didn’t see anyone.

‘Ummm, guys?’ Chorong stopped her step for awhile, the twins turned and looked at her.

‘ Did you see anyone before you saw me?’ Chorong asked. Youngmin and Kwangmin looked at each other then looked at Chorong and shook their heads.

That’s impossible. Someone helped me, but there was no one…….

 

****** Hope you enjoyed it!!!^^ 2ND chapter 2morrow or 2night(maybe). Forgive me if there are spelling/grammar errors. BYE!!!!

-FL~Y!