Final

Saviour

Bae Eunji hated her life, her parents never really bothered to spend any time with her, preferring to focus on their work and her younger brother. People only became friends with her because she was rich, and because of her brother. Eunji knew that her parents never wanted a daughter, they gave all of their love to her brother and Eunji realised that her background was nothing to be proud of. Eunji got better grades than her brother but her parents were never proud of her. Thus, Eunji became cold and pretty much no one dared to approach her, except Kim Jongin aka Kai, whom she also hated. But Kai earnestly wanted to be her friend, but soon he became attracted to her.

But those feelings of hatred soon changed when Kai found Eunji badly bruised in the park. Eunji's mother had beaten her after her brother had failed to score higher than her for his second year when compared to her second year results. Kai called his family's chauffeur and he brought Eunji to his home and took care of her. Eunji woke up and found herself dressed in new clothes and her bruises were bandaged properly.

"It seems that you are awake." Spoke a voice that Eunji knew all too well.

Eunji turned her head to the door and found Kai standing at the doorway with a tray of food. Kai set the tray on the table before he handed Eunji a glass of water, but Eunji refused to take it.

Kai sighed and placed the glass beside the tray, "Why were you badly beaten up?"

"Why should I tell you?" Replied Eunji, coldly.

"Because I was the one who found you, and I promise that I won't tell anyone." Said Kai.

Eunji stayed quiet, Eunji knew that Kai was a man of his words, he always kept his promises, but it was something personal that Eunji didn't want to tell.

"If you don't want to tell me, you can try telling me about why you hate me so much." Said Kai, realising that Eunji wasn't going to tell him anything about her injuries.

But before Eunji could reply, a middle aged lady, popped her head into the room. Eunji noted the facial similarities between the two and realised that she must be Kai's mother.

"How are you feeling dear? Jongin found you passed out in the park with lots of bruises and he brought you home." Said Mrs Kim.

Eunji felt herself tearing up, because her mother never showed any love to her at all. And someone who wasn't even related to her and someone whom she has just met, showed her concern, something which her own mother didn't even give her. Mrs Kim hugged Eunji when she noticed the latter's tears.

"It's okay to cry." Assured Mrs Kim.

Eunji cried her heart out, letting out the emotions that she tried to shun away for so many years. Kai watched as Eunji cried in his mother's embrace, and he realised that her cold mask was nothing more than a mask to hide her sufferings.

"You said that you wanted to know why I hated you right?" Choked Eunji.

"If you want to share it." Replied Kai.

"Because you had everything I didn't! You have parents who love and care about you, and friends who stayed together with you during tough times. I never had any real friends, and my parents and brother never cared about me at all. I might be family to them on paper but in reality we're strangers. They never bothered to spend any time with me, even on my birthday. All they gave me was money and not what I really needed." Cried Eunji.

Kai and Mrs Kim were taken aback, before Mrs Kim assured Eunjj that things were going to be alright.

"Why don't you stay with us from now on? I know that we just met each other but as a mother, I cannot allow such behaviour, and I doubt that you would want to go back home again." Said Mrs Kim.

Kai smiled, "Yeah. I'm sure that we can do better than your real family."

Eunji was touched by the Kim family's kindness and she nodded. Mrs Kim smiled and hugged her.

"Welcome to the family." Said Mrs Kim.

Kai grinned, "Welcome to the family."

"When you have recovered, I'll take you shopping for new clothes and a new look, so that you can have a new start in life." Said Mrs Kim.

"And this will be your new room, if you don't mind." Added Kai.

Eunji finally shed tears of happiness, because she finally found a family who cared about her. Eunji got better after a few days and she returned back to school. Mrs Kim brought her  shopping for new clothes and furniture. Eunji never felt happier, she gained two new and true friends, Park Jinri and Yoon Jae Mi.



A few years...

Kai watched as Eunji walked up onto the stage to give her speech as the valedictorian for their high school graduation.

"There was a point where I was at my lowest, but someone found me and taught me how to stand up again. He and his mother showed me care and concern, an action which touched me. I continued on with my life and now here I am, delivering my valedictorian speech." Said Eunji.

Kai smiled as he listened to the rest of Eunji's speech, before he and the rest of the graduating cohort clapped for her. The graduating cohort threw their hats into the air. Kai swept his girlfriend, Eunji, into his arms as they posed for a picture with the rest of their friends. Kai confessed to Eunji and she accepted, and Kai's parents approved of their relationship.

Thanks to Kai, Eunji was able to stand up again and continue with her life. Eunji now knows that things will get better one day, and only those strong enough to hold on will get to experience a better life one day.