Seven months

Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a long day of work you finally came home. You opened the door and everything was dark inside, so you switched on the lights.

 

“Home sweet home.” You said and stretched while yawning.

 

There was no one home to hear these words, you had just gotten used to it. The shoes you were wearing were kicked off. Were your feet swollen? Well, that could happen after such a long day of work. You sighed and shuffled to the kitchen to start making dinner.

 

You were craving some fried rice and that’s how you decided on dinner. Dinner was ready real quick. You loved cooking, it took your mind off things for a while. Your hand rubbed your tummy, you were so hungry. You wished he could be here right now, but he wouldn’t be until a while.

 

After dinner you sat down in the couch and the tv, you weren’t paying attention to the comedy film that was playing, because you weren’t in a good mood at all. Above all you were tired and you needed affection, but there was no one who could give you what you wanted. Suddenly the phone rang, you looked at the phone with a worried face.

 

Who could it be at this late hour?

 

The phone was in your hand, but you were afraid to accept the call. Your hands were shaking, this couldn’t be good.

 

“Hello, is this Mrs. Bang?” A man on the phone asked.

“Yes.” Your voice was shakey.

“Sorry for this late call. We need to inform you about your husband.” The man said.

 

You started thinking the worst. This couldn’t be happening, not right now. He couldn’t leave you like this. You didn’t want to hear anything what the man was going to say. You didn’t want to face reality.

 

“Mrs. Bang are you still there?” He asked.

 

You just hummed and clutched the countertop, because your legs were shaking.

 

Get yourself together.

 

“What wrong with my husband?” You whispered, your voice wasn’t cooperating.

“Well, he disappeared and we haven’t seen him in a few days.” He said, but you interrupted him.

“What? What do you mean he disappeared?” You shouted in the phone.

“He hasn’t been home then?” The man sounded disappointed.

“No, what are you talking about? Where is my husband?” You started to panic.

“Uhm, I’m sorry ma’am to bother you this late.” The man said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter