Our Sin

AN AFFAIR - Infidelity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Betrayal, in all forms, is painful. It can make you go crazy. 

But we all have choices on how to deal with it. 

Do we just go away or stay?”

 

 

 

"Aren't you getting tired?"

 

"What?" I heard him right. It's just that I hope he would change that question. I knew something ugly bound to happen if we continue this now. I looked up abd gradually eyes darted on the reflection before me. I saw a woman whose glittering eyes even lighten the darkest night. Her hair was blonde that cut before her shoulder and it compliments her white glowing, porcelaine like skin.


She seems sad though.

 

The sadness is visible in her bright dark pools framed by long beautiful lashes. I tilted my head partly to see the reflection on different angle and the other part so the phone won't fall off from my bare shoulder.

 

The I realized, with several blinking attempt. The woman right before my eyes were none other that... myself.


I grabbed on the symmetrical pearl earrings that my husband bought for me on our first wedding anniversary from France. It was beautiful and are round which is traditionally the most desirable shape. The rounder the pearl, the more expensive its price tag is.

 

I felt a little happy when I hook it upon both sides of my ears. Tilting my head from one corner to the other for conveniency.

 

I smiled on the mirror right before me. I am happy but there's something somewhere at the back of my mind that screams that I am the other way around. Sad. Lonely. Sadness and loneliness consumed me for almost years and years now.


They were all right. Money can't buy you happiness. Money can't even buy you the only thing I wanted as of the moment - Love. I watch my self, eyeing the reflection from my Jimmy Choo 'night' sandal clad toes all the way to the top of all glamorous Rajo Laurel red y gown with slits that exposes my legs. It made me feel romantic, young and pretty - of course that could be my vanity talking. It was a tad eccentric, but the styles are pretty diverse which why I fell in love with the long gown itself.


"What are you talking about?" I asked. Still trying my best to calm my nerves. I hoped to the ehavens above that I don't sound paranoid enough for his liking. I have this tendency to think things negatively. It's like I was always born as a Pessimist and it won't do anything good to me at all especially now.


Maybe he finally had his choice.


The smile that lingered far too long on my lips, my Ruby Woo red lips courtesy of Mac, vanished in just a brief note and eventually, to my dismay, turned into ugly frown which emphasizes the lines of the side of my eyes.


"Are you saying---"


"You've been running to my mind for hours now, Babe"


My heart began its normal beat again. I felt relieved upon hearing his answer. I was expecting worst. I didn't realized I was holding my breath from far too long. I didn't even say anything. I'm just standing there frozen on the spot where I have been standing for a minute or two now. I stayed like that for another minute just listening to his sweet laught which echoed right next to my ear. It was serene melody to my ear and I would trade it from anything.


"Hey! Is it lame? You don't like my pick-up line?" He asked sounding alarmed by my silence.

 

I smiled as my eyes caught sight with the picture frame standing right next to the gigantic mirror I've been staring at. It was a picture of my husband and I clad on a Vera Wang white gown while holding a boquet on my hands. I was grinning ear-to-ear at that time while my husband's chin rested on my bare shoulder. His hand were draped around my waist with his infamous grin --- something you'll always consider as his mega asset on his features.


I glanced at the photo on the vanity desk of the happily married couple smiling and hugging. I tried to block out the pang of guilt sitting in my stomach. I kew I could ruin his perfect set up if anyone ever found out about us and that was the last thing I wanted.

 

And it suddenly hit me. Coiled and twisted as it completely stab me inside.

 

It was our wedding picture.

 

I tightly closed my eyes, turned down the photo frame and bit my lower lip.

 

I resisted a tear to fall from my eyes. I refused to. I don't want to. I told myself a million times that I would stop my self from mouring with guilt. I told myself that I would stay strong for my happiness. Yes, for my happiness alone.

 

I'm sorry Honey.

 

"Babe? You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter