Introduction

We Are a Team

  "Mr. and Mrs. Park, I'm sorry to inform you but one of your sons is not going to make it." the doctor stated to the man and woman standing in the dimly lit hospital. It was well past work hours, but in the room just down the hall, surgeons were working frantically to save their children. 

  Mrs. Park burst into tears and buried her face into her husband's shoulder as he stood their expressionless.

  "Your older son suffered a head injury so severe, he was brain dead even before the operation started. Choongjae, your younger son has a chance of living though. One of the pipes the truck had run into pierced his chest, cutting off the blood flow to his heart. We hope to perform a heart transplant, but we need your permission." the doctor continued to explain.

  "Then do it!" Mrs. Park sobbed, her husband moving to wrap an arm around her shoulders.

  "Mrs. Park, we would have done it already but we only have one heart ready, and that's your older son's." By this point, Mrs. Park couldn't even form proper words as she choked on them, the accident weighing down on her. It was then that her husband spoke.

  "Please." Even though Mr. Park tried to sound strong, his voice cracked and his eyes watered. "Just do what you need to."

  The doctor nodded with a grim expression, holding his clipboard to his side, motioning for the distressed parents to take a seat before walking briskly towards the operation room.

  Hours later, the doctor came back out of the operation room with a much lighter expression on his face, even though he wasn't smiling. Mrs. Park immediately stood up when he walked their way, her husband still sitting down as he wiped his face.

  "Is Choongjae going to be alright?" she asked quickly, her words blurring together. 

  "Well, Mr. and Mrs. Park, the operation was a success." Mrs. Park felt the smallest smile tugging at her lips, but it immediately fell when the next set of words passed the doctor's lips. "But, your son has fallen into a coma. We don't know when he's going to wake, but when he does, he's going to need rehabilitation for his right leg. Unfortunately, it was damaged during the accident but it's nothing that can't be fixed."

  Mr. Park nodded as he stood up, wrapping his arm around his wife's shoulders again before giving the doctor a tight-lipped smile.

  "If you'll excuse us doctor, me and my wife are very tired, so we'll be taking our leave. Will we be able to visit Choongjae later?" he asked, and the doctor returned the smile in the slightest, clasping his hands at his front.

  "That is perfectly fine Mr. Park."

  Mr. Park nodded and giving his wife's shoulder a squeeze, left her and the doctor to start the car so they could go home. Just as she was about to leave to follow after her husband, a hand on her arm stopped her, and she looked to see the doctor give her a comforting smile.

  "I assure Mrs. Park, everything is going to be fine." he said, before bringing his hand back down to his side. "There is also something I would like to discuss with you when you get the time." Mrs. Park was confused, but nodded none-the-less. "It's about Choongjae, regarding his heart transplant." When she heard this, she nodded again, before walking away to follow after her husband who was already in the parking lot.

  "That's it Choongjae, nice and steady." his trainer spoke, holding onto his arm lightly as he took tentative steps forward.

  "It's hard Ms. Song." he said, pouting slightly before suddenly losing his balance and falling forward. The woman's grip on his arm tightened to hold him up, helping him back on his feet as he held onto the bar to his left.

  "That's because you're not trying your hardest." she spoke softly, giving a soft smile as he looked up at her. Choongjae nodded, a determined expression on his face as he started moving forward again. This time his footsteps were much more controlled, the weight on his legs shifting from the left and the right. A happy smile suddenly made its way onto his face as he made it to the end of the two bars, looking up to Ms. Song and grinning.

  "I did it!" he said happily, fist pumping with his free arm, making her laugh.

  "I knew you could do it!" she exclaimed, as she hugged him tightly, Choongjae hugging her back just as tight. Looking through the window behind her, he saw his mother standing by it and waved excitedly. She smiled and waved back before turning to the doctor as he tapped her on the shoulder and they started talking. Choongjae couldn't hear what they were saying, but he didn't mind as Ms. Song let go of him and started guiding him to the section of the therapy center where all the snacks were located.

  "Mrs. Park." the doctor spoke to her outside of the center. "Your son is progressing more and more each day." 

  "I know." she spoke with a euphoric tone, the happiness in her eyes showing completely. "Every time I see him he seems more and more like his brother." At this, the doctor nodded, fully understanding her.

  "Yes, it seems so, but don't worry Mrs. Park. He is still your son Choongjae." Mrs. Park became teary eyed and wiped her face quickly, not wanting to waste anymore tears.

  "I know." she spoke again, before the door suddenly burst open and out poked Choongjae's head with a mouthful of candy.

  "Uhmmha!" he said excitedly, his voice muffled from the candy in his mouth before Ms. Song grabbed him by the waist and pulled him back inside. He swallowed his candy before laughing as they started playing around, getting weird looks from the other's in the center but not minding one bit. Mrs. Park smiled softly to herself. Watching her son being so happy made her happy.

  "He's still my little Choongjae."

  A couple years later, Choongjae found himself standing in front of his new high school, gulping down his nervous fear as he clutched his backpack strap.

  "You're going to be fine honey." Mrs. Park spoke as she planted a kiss on her son's cheek, making him flush with embarrassment but feel better none-the-less. Normally Mr. Park would have been there as well, but he had sadly died during the summer due to cancer.

  "I know umma." he said, turning to face her and give her his trade-mark grin, holding his hand up in a peace sign. Mrs. Park only laughed before planting a firm hand on his shoulder.

  "Now, you promise me you won't get in trouble." Choongjae nodded, crossing his heart. "You'll get your work done?" He nodded again. "You won't talk back to your teachers? Make sure you make friends too. Don't be lonely. Do you have everything you need? You didn't forget your lunch did you?" Choongjae nodded his head again and again before laughing, and that was when his mother too noticed she was rambling on, and started laughing as well.

  "Don't worry umma, I'll be a good student!" With that, they both heard the bell ring, signalling school was already starting. "!"

  "Choongjae!" she exclaimed and slapped him on the arm, earning a pout from her son before he quickly apologized and ran inside the gate. "Have a good first day!" she yelled behind his retreating back.

  "I will!" he yelled back, turning to give her a wave before running into the doors of his new school.

 

A/N: There's the introduction. So basically, if you don't understand, Jun Jin and his brother were in an accident when walking down the highway (which had a sidewalk). A truck had lost control and while they were passing by another truck carrying steel pipes, they both collided before skidding to the left of the road and slamming into Jun Jin and his brother. Technically Jun Jin's brother saved him by getting in front of him, but when he was pushed away by the first truck, one of the metal poles ran through Jun Jin's chest and his leg was broken. His brother died in the hospital while he had a transplant. Now, about the thing the doctor wanted to talk to Mrs. Park about, and how Jun Jin seems more and more like his brother, the heart transplant causes Jun Jin to act like his older brother sometimes, but he's still him (I got all this from an anime I watched a long time ago. I don't remember what it was.). When Jun Jin woke from his coma a few months later, Ms. Song became his trainer when he entered therapy (in his last year of middle school), and they were really good friends, and still are ('cause he has monthly visits to the hospital still to check on his leg). At the end of this chapter, he's entering his new high school where the rest of the Shinhwa members are.

OTL Super long note but that's just to explain the beginning. Anyways, I hope it was good! o u o; If you have any questions don't be afriad to ask!. Um, and that's it for now. ^^; By everyone! :3