Father ( 아버지 )

Father ( 아버지 )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jina opened her eyes. She was lying under a shady tree. She looked around and scanned the place.

She realized that she was in a garden.
but where's this place? never seen such a beautiful garden before.. She thought.

suddenly, Jina saw a figure behind a shady tree not far from her distance.

"Jina.."

Har eyes widened and she gasped.
that's mom's voice! She thought.

She wanted to shout but she can't! doesn't want to let out any sound! What is seriously happening here?

"Jina..."

She saw her mom points out to her- wants her to walk toward her mom.

mom!! She ran towards her and attacked her with a tight hug. Her mom broke the hug and smile sweetly at her.

"Jina... promise me.. promise me to take care of your father." she said holding Jina's shoulder.

Jina frowned until her eyebrows met. She grabbed the tip of her mom's shirt tightly, not letting her go.

why? what's wrong mom? what did you mean? Jina frowned.

" please.. promise me. " She smiled as her mom started to her hair.

why? why did I have to promised you? Jina stared at her mom's eyes, deeply.

" I'm scared if someday you'll lose him like how you lose me. I want you to be happy, sweetheart." her mom's body started to disappear slowly.

mom? what are you talking about, mom? no, don't go! her tears started to rolling down on her cheek.

" promise me.. take good care of your father. I'll always be in your heart, honey." Her mom smiled bitterly and suddenly disappeared.

mom!!!!!! don't go!!!! She kneeling down on the grass and covered her face as she cried.

" Jina? "

" Jina?! "

" JINA?!!!"

Her eyes shot opened.
It's the same dream again. She always dreaming the same after her mom's died. awake at a beautiful garden, scanned, and saw her mom, run towards her, she said the same words and disapear, Jina cried and WHOOSH, awake from the sleep with a teary eyes.

" JINA?!!!! " Kyungsoo shouted outside my bedroom.

" YES?!!!!!!!!! " I shouted back as I wiped the tears on my cheeks.

" there's a man wanted to meet you outside!" He said.

Uh? Who? She sat up with a wide eyes.
OH! Kim Ahjussi! She thought.

She glanced at her watch.
It's 4:20 p.m. Oh crap, I have to meet Kim Ahjussi at 4 o' clock! I'm already late for 20 minutes!

She ran to the bathroom to wash her face and quickly took her snapback and jogged downstairs.

She saw Mr. Kim, who was sitting on a couch while talking something with her dad.

"Ahjussi!"

The 46-years man with a good-looking face looked at her. "Oh, hi  Jina! " he stood up , making her dad stood up too.

" I'm sorry, I'm late for 20 minutes.. I was sleeping just now." She grinned while walking towards him.

" It's okay. at least you're not late for an hour." He smiled as he ruffling her hair, making her giggled and nodded cutely.

Her dad who was watching their interaction, feel a slight hurt seeing another man can make her daughter smiling so sweetly.

Jina glanced at her dad. "dad, this is kim ahjussi, in case if you don't know. He always buy me cool things, take me to sauna, take me to the mall to buy snapbacks, go to waterparks, and take me to some of the expensive restaurants ."

Mr. Han smiled and face the neighbor. " Thank you so much. At least she's not bored anymore for staying at home and do nothing."
Jina rolled her eyes as she looked away from her father.

"My pleasure, Mr. Han. Can I take her for a walk? " asked Mr. Kim.

Hesitated, Mr.Han sighed and replied, "yes, of course." 

Mr. Kim bowed politely to the elder man. He put on his shoes, pull he wooden door and walked out to his car.

When Jina was going to follow his back, her arm was pulled by Mr. Han.

" you must come back here before dinner. " he said.

She rolled my eyes and sighed. " I know! " She brushed away his grip and quickly pulled the door before she ran to the car.

 

; KYUNGSOO'S POV ;
 

"Where's Jina? It's almost dinner and she doesn't come home yet!" Mr. Han leaned against the door.

He peek out on the road infront of the house, getting impatient while waiting for Jina.

" I think she will be here in a few minutes.. just wait, uncle." I patted his shoulder.

" After she knows that man, she always come home late. I'm worried if that man might be doing something to my Jina."

" don't worry uncle. she just want to have a fun.  you once had said, she always get bored but when Mr.Kim came into her life, her face always brightens like the sun brightens in the morning." I said.

Mr. Han feel slightly hurt as kyungsoo said that a man can makes her day brighten instead of him. He never makes her daughter feels happy.

I stayed silence as Mr. Han staring blankly on the road. What is he thinking?

we were waiting,
waiting,
and waiting,

until it's 9:10 p.m and Jina doesn't comeback home yet.
where the heck that old man bought Jina to?

suddenly, there's a car roaming outside the house. It honked making Mr. Han and I jump aback from suprise.
He quickly walked towards the door and twist the door knob, revealing Jina- waving to a car as the car driving away to the neighborhood.

" Jina! why did you come home late?" he asked.

" kim ahjussi bought me to a reastaurant to eat delicious food~" she grinned.

What the-??????
She supposed to be here before dinner!!
me and uncle are dying starving waiting for her but apparently she's eating delicious foods with that old man!!!!!
I am so hungry and mad!!!!! I would bite her till dead right now if her dad isn't here! I thought.

"But Jina, you supposed to be here before dinner! we are starving waiting for you! " Mr. Han yelled.

"Ugh, I forgot okay!! you don't have to yell at me, you old man!!!!!!" She shouted and stomped her foot to upstairs and shut the door of her bedroom loudly.

Mr. Han sighed.

I patted his shoulder. "It's okay, uncle. You still have me, right? I am a good son- I mean, I am not your son but I-"

" I understand, kyungsoo." He chuckled.

I smiled while staring at Mr. Han smile. 

There.. finally he laughed. It feels good when you laughed, Mr. Han. It hurts me whenever you're sad.

 


; AFTER 3 DAYS ;
 

"Do kyungsoo."

I stopped watering the plant at the garden and looked at my back. Mr. Han stood behind me with a smile plastered on his face.

"yes, uncle? Do you need something?" I looked back at the plants and continued watering it.

"Do you have any feelings towards my daughter?"

I frowned. "feeling? like what uncle? I don't understand."

"like love."

the watering can that I was holding accidentaly slipped from my hand, making the water spilled on the grass including Mr. Han shoes. Kyungsoo gasped and quickly bowed several times. "oh my gosh I'm sorry, uncle. I didn't mean to wet your shoes. my hands are sweaty right now so It's slipped. I'm so sorry, uncle." I took out a handkerchief and bent down to his shoes, wiping off the wet shoes.

I heard uncle's chuckled. "No need to wipe it off. This shoe can dry easily if I place it under the sunlight."

I stopped and accidentaly cursed under my breath. Gasping, I slapped my mouth and stood up while looking at the ground; embarrassed.

"you know, kyungsoo."

I looked up as I saw Mr. Han was staring up at the sky. "I had this dream.. That you and Jina will get married soon in the future. So that's why I'm asking you that question just now."

My face turned pink. actually yes. I have a little bit feelings to Jina but just A LITTLE.

"it's okay if you don't want to answer it. I just want to know what will happen when you guys grew older without me. grew with love, or just a friend relationship." Mr. Han patted my shoulder and walked away.

I blinked. what?

 


"Hey, Jina, I wanted to talk to you about something." I knocked the door of her room. 

A few seconds, the loud music that came from her room has stopped. then, he heard a footstep and the door opened.

"What?" She asked with a bored face and walked back into her room, sitting on her bed while crossing her arms.

I stepped into her room and closed the door.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I'm really curious about this. Are you happy with that man?"

"who? kim ahjussi? "

I nodded.

"well, of course" she said, rolling her eyes.

damn those eyes. If i could just rip her eyeball out of its socket.

 

"then....are you happy with your dad?" I asked.

opened, trying to say something but then she shut and stayed silence.

She looked away and shrugged, "not so happy."

"why not?"

"because kim ahjussi is rich while dad is not. kim ahjussi always buy me some stuffs, but dad never buy something for me.
kim ahjussi  always take me to anywhere else but dad never take me to somewhere! "

I stared at her in disbelief.

" Jina, that man changed you. You always come home late. And your dad really hates it when you come home late."

"so what?"

"your dad always worried for you "

"so what?"

I sighed but then, I suddenly remembered the important date on the calendar.

"tomorrow is father's day. I wonder, who are you going to celebrate with? Is it with your father, or that man?" I put my hands on the pocket.

Her gaze suddenly turns cold. "What's your problem? don't bother me, go away!!"  She pushed me and slammed the door shut in my face.

I shook my head in disappointment as I walked down the stairs. My gaze then stopped at Mr. Han who was at the kitchen.
and he is.....wrapping a box?

"uncle? what are you doing?" I asked.

"wrapping a present for Jina." He smiled looking at his work.

"why?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter