Happy Father's Day Fan, We Love You

A father's day story

The ringing of the school bell grabbed everyone`s attention. Cute little kindergarten students scampered back to their seats as they patiently wait for their teacher to arrive. JongIn behaved as he sat on his chair in the front row, completely ignoring BaekHyun and ChanYeol`s loud voices that were getting on his nerves.

''Hey Jongie'' KyungSoo started, smiling brightly as JongIn turned to his direction.

''Hi Kyungie'' the tan kid greeted, a blush forming on his cheeks.

''What are you gonna do on Father's day tomorrow? My Daddy said we were gonna go to the amusement park! Oh! and he also promised to buy me a pororo plushie. Isn't that great?'' KyungSoo exclaimed, grinning excitedly. JongIn only nodded along and smiled at him, but deep inside he was very envious of his best friend.

KyungSoo's rambling was cut-off when the teacher, Ms. Lu, entered the room. The students stood up and greeted her politely to which the young teacher replied to by a nod and a soft smile.

''Whaaa~ Lu-sunsaengnim you're so pretty..'' A student on the 3rd row said only to be greeted by snickers and loud teasing from the other pupils. Ms.Lu just smiled and JongIn thought it was wrong how they were teasing the poor boy because there isn't anything wrong with admiring someone right?

''Thank you SeHunnie, you`re really handsome too'' SeHun blushed at his favorite teacher`s remark.

''So children, do you know what tomorrow is?'' The teacher asked and almost immediately, the young students quieted down, trying to remember what was so special about June 15th. It only took a few seconds before half of the class raised their hands to answer said question.

''My birthday?''

''Is it Christmas?!''

''A holiday?''

Ms. Lu chuckled at the children's answers

''Wrong guess, keep going everyone''

Its only when KyungSoo recited that they did figure it out

''Its Father's day!''the boy cheerfully said, his chubby hands waving excitedly on the air. 

''Good Job KyungSoo-ah!'' Ms.Lu praised, petting the doe-eyed male's small head.Ooh's and Aah's erupted in the room as everyone processed the new information they just heard. JongIn smiled, he already knew the answer earlier thanks to KyungSoo.

''Now, since it`s father's day how about you make a card at home tonight for your dad and give it to them tomorrow? It will serve as your gift for your father too so work hard on it everyone!'' Ms.Lu instructed. JongIn's smile faltered. Did he really have to do this?

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

JunMyeon yawned as he scanned document after document. He glanced at his wall clock that read 4:30. 'JongInnie must be home already' He quickly arranged his paperwork before heading out of his home office and into the living room just in time to see his son enter the house, butlers in tow.

''Hey baby'' JunMyeon greeted as he scooped the young boy in his arms, craddling him softly before kissing the crown of his head.

''Hi mommy'' JongIn replied, kissing his mommy`s cheek. JunMyeon smiled at his son, taking him to his bedroom and helping him change out of his uniform to more comfortable clothes.

''How was school today bud?'' The adult asked as he carried JongIn outside the room to the garden where they usually bond. The 5-year old nuzzled closer to his mother and wrapped his small arms around JunMyeon's neck.

"It was fine mommy" He answered in his usual small voice. JunMyeon smiled and ruffled JongIn's brown tresess as he sat down under a shady tree. The mother and son relaxed against each other, completely satisfied in each other's warmth.

"Mommy?" JongIn broke the silence and pulled away to look at his mommy's face.JunMyeon can sense the nervousness in his eyes but didn't comment as he hummed in recognition. JongIn fidgeted on his spot and thought that his lap was more interesting than anything at the moment.

"What is it baby? you seem to be troubled. Come on, tell me bud" JunMyeon coaxed, running his palm up and down on JongIn's small back.

"Ms.Lu gave us an assignment.Sh-she said w-we had to..uh..make a card f-for our dd-dads because its father's day to-tomorrow"JunMyeon stiffened and his hand froze halfway to JongIn's back.

"I see.." JunMyeon whispered almost inaudibly but enough for his son to hear. JongIn felt his little heart starting to ache

"Why did he have to leave mommy? Why can't he stay with us? If he loved us then why did he leave?"JongIn said, tears spilling down his cheeks

"JongIn that's enough. Go inside already" JunMyeon replied stoically, avoiding his son's gaze as tears formed at the corner of his eyes.

"I thought you said people that love us would never leave?"JongIn continued, louder as if all his emotions broke free from the bottle. JunMyeon squeezed his eyes shut, trying to prevent his tears from falling.

"Stop being a bad boy JongIn, we've already talked about this and you know that I don't want to talk about it" JunMyeon said sternly

"No! No! I wan't my daddy! please bring him baaaack!!!" JongIn shouted, stomping his feet on the ground and flailing his arms angrily

"He won't come back okay? He can't come back! Now quit being a brat and shut up!" JunMyeon snapped, his voice in a dangerously angry tone making JongIn wail harder.

"I hate you! I hate you!"

JunMyeon watched as his son ran back inside the house. Tears finally cascaded down the adult male's cheeks.

"Yifan.. please tell me what to do.. I just wish you were here..."

 

~~~~~~

 

JongIn cried and cried, his small frame shaking at his loud sobs despite being covered by a blanket and JunMyeon's heart ached badly at the sight of his little boy hurting. The adult slowly made his way to the small lump on the bed, sitting down the bed. He reached out to strip off the blanket and found a tear-stained JongIn in a fetus position. JunMyeon scooped him up and rocked him back and forth in his arms.

"Shh..Shh..JongInnie..Mommy's sorry baby.. I didn't mean to yell sweetheart.. baby I'm sorry.."JunMyeon cooed, tears falling from his eyes. It didn't take long for JongIn to calm down, relaxing against his mommy's hold.

"Jongie is *hick! sorry too...*hick! mommy.."JunMyeon kissed the boy's temple affectionately

"It's alright baby..mommy did wrong too.."

 

Silence engulfed the two for awhile before JunMyeon broke the silence.

"Baby, get ready we're going somewhere"

 

~~~~~

 

Trees swayed to the breeze, welcoming the mother and son as they walk hand-in-hand to their destination. JunMyeon dreaded going back but as much as it hurts, JongIn needs to know. He felt the familiar sadness wash over him as he stopped at a particlar tombstone.

 

R.I.P

YIFAN WU

11.06.89-09.11.12

Always in our hearts..

A good husband and father

 

 

JongIn just learned how to read and for once, he hated that fact.The young boy burst into tears, soaking JunMyeon's blue polo shirt.

"H-he died baby. I-i couldn't t-tell y-you because mommy kn-knew you woul be hurt..."

JongIn cried harder,gripping his mommy's top. The young boy slowly detached himself from his mommy's hold and drew nearer to the tombstone. He kneeled infront of it, tracing the outline of the grave.

"Daddy...H-happy F-father's D-day.. I promise I'll t-take c-care of m-mommy for you. I'll grow up t-to be strong a-and handsome. I love you Daddy..."

JunMyeon smiled at the sight despite the wetness on his cheeks.

"Happy Father's day Fan, We love you, Jongin and I..."

 

AN: A sad oneshot for you my chingus!!! I hope I didn't break your hearts :-) . Subscribe and please comment on what you think