1.

It's Time

*Ping

 

As i hurry preparing myself to.work i heard my phone beep. 

 

Hi Yul! Kangin is my boyfriend now. Don't tell anyone yet.

 

Okay...isn't he the fat boy who is pathetically in love with her since college..? Oh well, i replied okay and get my car keys.

The fact that she doesn't want me to share the news to anybody means she's not that into it. As if i have someone to share it with. It's not like I'll say it to her mom. We don't have that much common friends. But why him? Well I know the guy is so kind and loves her so much. Still!!

 

"Come on Yuri. Stop over analyzing things. "

 

I arrived at my workplace right on time. My manager is already calling everyone for the regular toolbox meeting every Monday reminding each staff to be extra focused for the upcoming project.

Work distracted me from what I was thinking earlier. I made it through the day without anyone noticing my odd behavior or so i believe.

"You're thinking about something right? The Kwon Yuri I know doesn't focus this much unless something is bothering her." Vic, one of my colleagues noticed that I am being unnatural.

"Nothing serious. It's just me over analyzing things again. What's new?" i replied with a smile.

She shrugged and left.

I finished everything i needed for that day and leave. Will i go home or will i eat out? Will I message her or should I call? But what is there to say? I'll just fool myself pretending I'm happy for them when I'm not. Should I ask why it needs to be a secret and hope that she'll come back to me after almost 4 years of being apart? I hit a cross road and decided to drop by a local bar for some beer and maybe food.

We've been together for 5 years. Soon our years of separation will exceed our years of togetherness. And yet I'm here, still trying to stop the inevitable. But with him in the picture, it becomes more impossible if it's even possible.

I know the guy. And i know it's easy to fall in love with him with his traits especially if you like chubby guys with small eyes. I know he likes events and surprises and that she loves surprises.

I know he'll take care of my girl and she can introduce him to her family. And he's friends with her brother whom I was very awkward with.

I am self pitying or is it because of my fifth beer.

I can't imagine anymore how our time together will be reduced to the limit. We meet once in a quarter, that's if I'm lucky. It's worst than having a friend who works abroad. 

I guess I really have to let her go and to move on. I think I'm just waiting for our closure. I admit she ended it in the nastiest way, during a phone call. But sometimes having no closure is the closure. I'm single but my heart is not. And maybe that's the reason why I'm still hurting.

 

Enough of this blabbering. This is one of the things I hate when you dated the same . You can't talk to anybody about you without being judged. You have to handle the heartaches alone. You can't compete with a guy which .

I paid and left before I can't. Opted to call a cab rather than drive. I gave my address and soon we're on our way. Texted her the cab number, a habit I didn't wanna change.

I miss her I really do. My best friend.

And then there we're bright lights.

My love.

Loud screeching sound of metals and glasses breaking.

My life.

Then there was oblivion.

My J. My Jessica.