1

I'll Always Be With You

The loud slap was heard thought the room, followed by a audible gasp from the shamelessly girl on the double bed. "Luhan." Mavis choked, tears already b in her eyes. "Are you ing kidding me?" Luhan bit his lip, looking away from his girlfriend who had left for a mere five days. "Look, look I can explain okay?" his voice was laced with guilt. 

"What is there to explain?" Mavis spat. "Five days Luhan! Five. ing. Days." Luhan opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by an irate Mavis. "I thought you changed... I thought you changed for me!" The girl on the bed who had been quiet until now, scoffed. Mavis whipped her head towards the girl, giving her a scathing glare. Luhan gulped, last time she had that look, someone resulted in a broken arm and a fractured skull. It was ugly. 

"Mavis, hey, calm down, jagi-" Luhan reached out.

"Don't ing call me Jagi." Mavis hissed, flinching away from his outstretched hand. Luhan knew he ed up. Real bad. Again, the girl scoffed. "." Mavis growled, and in a swift motion, Mavis's clenched fist met with the girl's head and resounded in a piercing crack as her head flew backwards. 

"Mavis!" Luhan chided. Without a word, Mavis left the room. Luhan didn't bother to check up on the girl as he sat down on the bed, head in hands. 

-

Shuffling was heard from around the house and Luhan's head perked up. "." he whispered, hurtling himself out of the room. Mavis was already half way out the door, lugging her belongings in a large suitcase by the time Luhan found her. 

"Jagi! Jagi! What are you doing?" Luhan shakingly shouted. There was clear anxiety in his voice. 

"What do you think I'm doing." Mavis deadpanned. Her evergrowing disgust for the Luhan she came back to fueled her anger and oncoming grief. She wanted to leave. She needed to leave. Mavis continued to drag the suitcase, but was stopped. 

Luhan had his grip on her wrist, seemingly never going to let it go. The moonlight shone on both of their figures, highlighting Mavis's streaming tears. "Mavis," he croaked. "Please. Please don't go. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I need you." Mavis stood silently, and Luhan's hopes were slowly rising. But it all crashed. Mavis shook her wrist free from Luhan's grip. "But I don't need you." she snarled, and left in the flourish of the moment.  

-

As the weeks went on, Luhan attempted to fill the gaping hole in his aching heart. He drank, trying to flood out the guilt at clubs pumping with heat and flashing neon lights. He tried one night stands, but every single time, he would cry. He couldn't do it. He couldn't block out the memories of her. It was heartbreakingly painful. 

-

Luhan stumbled into the house they once shared, drunk, with a loosened tie. He crumbled to the ground, sobbing. "MAVIS! JAGI!" he whimpered. "I NEED YOU! PLEASE! Come back..." Luhan recklessly pounded on the wooden floorboards. "I need to feel you in my arms. I need your warmth. I need you. Please. Come back." His lips trembled and endless tears were spilling from his eyes. He didn't try to stop. His usual rosy face was pale. His lively doe eyes had lost its glimmer. 

 

His health was deteriorating. His nightly alcohol consumption was killing him slowly. 

-

Luhan was kicked out from a club, cussing at the bouncer. He held a bottle of alcohol in one hand and his other hand ruffling his already tousled hair. "!" he yelled, as he rushed to shelter himself from the rain. 

All of a sudden, his chest spasms in pain. He collapses on to the wet ground, clutching his chest. Unable to get up, he tried to yell for help, but the pain in his chest seems to be devouring all his energy. Luhan gasped for air as his airways constricted. 

Pounding footsteps resonated in his ears. 'Mavis?' he thought. 'No, not my Jagi.' 

"Woah! ! Are you okay? Someone call 000! Hurry!" 

 

Luhan's sight was hazy, his consciousness was fading. Faint sounds of an ambulance, then urgent voices was heard. "He needs immediate attention! Heart attack! Chronic!" 

"Do we have any heart donors?" Faint beeping. 

...

"Yes." 

And with each passing moment, Luhan could feel his life slipping away. 

-

Beep. 

 

Beep. 

 

Beep. 

 

Luhan tried to sit up, but his chest thumped wildly and the beeping sounds accelerated. Nurses flooded into the room, ushering him to lie back down. "You were lucky Mr. Lu." one of the nurses smiled. "If not for that girl. She gave you her heart." Luhan weakly smiled. 'Thank god I didn't leave this world. I don't think I can bear to leave Jagi alone.' he thought. "I'll have to thank that girl's family. What was her name?" 

 

The nurse flipped through her clipboard. "Mavis Wong."

 

Luhan froze. His heart- No. Her heart pounded ferociously. The nurses left the room, left Luhan to himself. Left him broken. 

 

Unconsciously, tears cascaded down his cheeks, wetting his hospital gown. The tears, they seemed to be apart of him now. He breathed short, shallow, choked gasps. "Jagi.." he mourned. "I didn't get to say goodbye."

 

"I didn't get to say I love you." 

----------------------------------------------------------

It's extremely short. So yeah. For you @deer_of_the_dawn