My Pillow Loves Me

My Pillow Loves Me

“Why can’t I sleep?” Amy asked no one really. She was sitting at her computer alone in her apartment. No roommate to keep her company because she lived alone.

Being a full time student kept Amy pretty busy, but it didn’t condone her single life. Truth was she had the time to date, she just didn’t. Sure she’d been asked out more than a few times over the last couple years, but no one came close to what she wanted. Of course what she wanted wasn’t too common where she lived. Being into the K-Pop and K-Drama world, made her obsessed with dating a Korean guy. Heck she would even take a cute Chinese guy if one wanted her. But alas living in the state of California, in a town where Asian men were scarce didn’t give Amy many options.

“Why, why couldn’t I have been born in the right country?” Amy whined, again at no one but herself. Since it was already late, Amy logged out of her SNS accounts and headed for her bed.

Flopping herself down on the unmade bed, Amy grabbed her Ryeowook pillow, yes she is that much of a fangirl, and snuggled up to it for the night, “Wookie why can’t you just love me?” She sleepily asked the pillow she was laying on.

“But I do love you,” a voice answered her.

“Pillows can’t love silly Wookie,” Amy mumbled.

“I can,” Amy heard the voice whisper before she fell asleep.


BEEP BEEP BEEP

“No, five more minutes,” Amy whined at her alarm clock before hitting the off button.  

She rolled over and stared at the Ryeowook pillow that had moved throughout the night. “Hmm, that’s funny, I could have sworn you were talking to me last night,” she said to the pillow.

She laughed at herself and then proceeded with her day.

Once her classes were done for the day, she met up with her friends before heading home to work on her homework. This is how most of her days went, nothing too exciting ever happened to her.

Tonight she finished her work early and started to watch a drama on her lap top. Snuggled up in her bed, all warm Amy fell asleep watching the drama.

“Aish, you’re going to strain your neck if you sleep like that,” Amy woke to the same voice she heard the night before.

Sitting up in her bed she couldn’t see anything in the darkness, “Who’s there?” Amy asked, franticly getting out of bed to find the light switch.

“What do you mean who’s there? You act like you don’t even know me!” The voice sound shocked.

Finally finding the light switch and flipping it on Amy could see exactly who was talking to her. Sitting crossed legged on the end of her bed was none other than Ryeowook from Super Junior. “Oh. My. God. how did you get in here?” She asked

“What do you mean? I sleep in here every night!” Ryeowook exclaimed.

“No you don’t. I live alone which means I sleep alone, every night!” Amy explained to him.

“Wow after years of snuggling and being there for you when you were heart broken and all of those nights must have meant nothing to you,” Ryeowook said as he looked at Amy with a hurt look on his face. “Not to mention the countless times you said you loved me.”

“Ryeowook, I….” Amy began.

“No,” Ryeowook said cutting her off. “You said you loved me and here I am finally ready to tell you how I feel and you don’t remember any of it?”

“I’m sorry,” Amy apologized. “But I really don’t know what you’re talking about, the only thing I sleep with every night is your pillow.”  Amy then felt like face palming herself, because that last sentence made her sound like a really creepy fangirl.  

“Yes, exactly!” Ryeowook said as his eyes lit up with excitement. “You and me sleep together every single night.”

“No, I sleep with a pillow with your face on it,” Amy tried to explain to him.

“No, you sleep with me,” Ryeowook told her.

“Ok this must be a dream,” Amy told herself. “I’m going back to sleep, or my dream self is. You know what this is too complicated.” Amy switched off the light and crawled back into bed.

Ryeowook who was still sitting at the end of the bed, looked at her and said “Lets cuddle!” Before Amy could even answer Ryeowook had crawled up the bed, under the covers and had Amy in his embrace.

This is some dream,” Amy thought to herself. “But hey its about Ryeowook so who cares.”

“Good night my beautiful Amy,” Ryeowook whispered to her.

“Good night Wookie,” Amy whispered back to him.

Amy couldn’t explain it, but she felt so safe in his arms. She felt like no matter what happened in her life, she could come back to this spot and everything would be ok again. With one last conscious thought, Amy breathed in Ryeowooks scent and drifted off to sleep.


Beep Beep Beep

“No, too early,” Amy mumbled as she turned off her alarm clock.

 Since looked over and saw she had cuddled her Ryeowook pillow all night long. “I had the weirdest dream about you last night,” she told it. “Sadly it was just a dream.”

She hopped out of bed and proceeded to get ready for another day filled with classes, friends and homework.

The day passed by rather quickly, her classes were over, she had coffee with her friends and was now sitting at her desk working on a giant essay that was due the next day.

“Why do teachers like essays so much?” Amy said out loud. She was once again proofreading her essay. “I swear they just like to torture us.”

Amy looked down at the clock, “Wow that late already? Well this is as good as I can make the essay,” She said.

Crawling once again into her warm fluffy bed, Amy snuggled against her Ryeowook pillow and drifted off to sleep.

Amy was woken up by something moving against her. “Ryeowook stop moving,” she mumbled

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you,” Ryeowook said. He had his arm wrapped around Amy and was holding while she slept.

Amy sat up, got out of bed and flipped on the light switch, “You’re here again?” She asked the man lying in the same spot she had been laying in not two minutes ago. 

Ryeowook sat up and looked at her, “Of course I’m here again, where else would I be?” He asked her confused.

“I don’t know how about Korea? Aren’t you supposed to be hosting your radio show? Or practicing for your next album? Something?” Amy asked.  She felt very confused on why the K-Pop star was here in California of all places and on her bed!

“I’ve already been to practice today and I don’t have to be at the radio station for another couple of hours, so no I have nowhere else to be but here with you,” Ryeowook answered her with a giant smile on his face.  

Amy walked back over to her bed and sat next to Ryeowook, she cupped his face in her hands “This has got to be a dream,” she said staring at him. Going even farther to test if the Ryeowook sitting in front of her was real Amy proceeded to pinch his cheeks.

“Ouch,” Ryeowook said as he pulled away and rubbed both his cheeks. “Why did you do that?”

“Sorry,” Amy answered. “I was just trying to feel if you were real.”

“How can you think I’m not real? I’m sitting right here next to you,” Ryeowook said to her.

“Ryeowook I’m sorry, it’s just...” Amy stuttered “you….can’t be….real.”

Ryeowooks eyes became wide at Amy’s statement. “I can’t be real,” he repeated after her. “Well how’s this for real?” He cupped both her cheeks in his hands, leaned his head towards hers and gently placed a chaste kiss on her lips.

The kiss was over before Amy knew it, as fast as his lips had come, they had gone. Once she looked up into his eyes she notice Ryeowook was once again smiling at her “And I prefer it when you call me Wookie,” he told her.

“Oh ok….Wookie,” Amy shyly said to him.

“So am I real enough for you now?” Ryeowook asked with a smirk on his face.

“Yes, you’re defiantly real,” Amy quietly said.

“Oh come on,” Ryeowook said as he took her hands in his. “Stop being shy, are you going to act like this every time I kiss you?”

“Well no….wait every time? Like you’re going to do it again?” Asked Amy hopefully.

“Of course I am,” Ryeowook answered her. He took his hands out of hers and proceeded to lift up the covers for her. “Now get back in bed, you need to sleep.”

Amy switched the light back off, crawled under the covers that he was holding for her and snuggled up to the real Ryeowook. The two talked for a while in the dark till Amys eyes fluttered closed and she fell asleep.


BEEP BEEP BEEP

“Oh no,” Amy mumbled sleepily while turning off her alarm clock. She got out of her bed and stretched, Why do I feel so tired today? She thought to herself.

She turned around and saw the Ryeowook pillow lying on her bed, “Oh right you kept me up,” she said out loud to the pillow.

Oh Amy get a grip you’re talking to your pillow again, “But no you were here last night,” she said talking to the pillow again.

“You were really here; you kissed me and said you were going to do it again.”

The pillow remained silent.

“You were really here, but you left,” Amy was starting to feel frustrated. “Where did you go?”

She looked at the pillow as though it would answer her.

“Why are you never here when I wake up?” She almost yelled at the inanimate object lying her bed.

I’m yelling at my pillow, I think I’m losing my mind.

“No I’ve already lost it, I thought Ryeowook of Super Junior was really here,” Amy sighed. She took a deep breath and decided to give up on questioning the pillow any further.

She got ready to head to class and tried to put the matter out of her head. However while she was sitting in class her thoughts kept drifting back to the conversation she had with Ryeowook last night or rather the conversation she thought she had with him last night.

By time her classes were out, Amy had gone over the entire conversation a few hundred times in her head and had once again convinced herself it was a dream. A really amazing, cheesy yet at the same time romantic dream, but it was still all just a dream.

I need to talk to someone” she thought to herself as a long yawn left . “But first caffeine.”

Amy pulled out her cell phone to text her best friend: I need Coffee!

Three seconds later her phone buzzed with a reply: Meet you there in five ;)

Amy smiled as she put her phone back into her pocket and proceeded to walk over to the campus coffee shop. She loved how she could send three words to her friend and she knew what she was talking about and where to go without any explanation.

Amy walked into the coffee shop, ordered her and her friend’s drinks and sat down at a little table waiting for her friend to get there.

“Taelyn over here,” Amy yelled at her friend when she saw her.

Taelyn walked over to the table and sat down next to her friend, “Have I ever told you how much I hate group projects?”

“Yes, many times,” Amy answered her. “Do you have another one?”

“Yep, and I’m going to end up being the one to do all the work, again!” Taelyn exclaimed.

“I think your teacher likes group projects as much as mine does essays,” Amy said with a small laugh.

“You would think the class was Group Projects 101 or something,” Taelyn joked.

“I have a random question for you,” Amy told her.

“Ok what is it?” Taelyn asked.

“Have you ever had a dream that you aren’t sure if it was real or not?” Amy asked.

“Many times yes,” Taelyn answered her.

“But this one keeps happening, not the same exact thing but the same situation,” Amy said.  

“Ok what is this dream about?” Taelyn finally asked.

Amy dove into details about the dream the last few nights, not leaving anything out since it was her best friend and all. When Amy was finished she tried to read the expression on her friends face. Taelyn shook her head at her friend and smiled. “Ok I think your stressing out over school and need to sleep more.”

Amy thought about this for a second, “you might be right, I haven’t gotten much sleep the last few weeks.”

“And,” Taelyn said. “I wish I had a Kai pillow that came to life in the middle of the night and confessed his love for me!”

“It was just a dream!” Amy exclaimed.

“An awesome dream that keeps reoccurring! I wouldn’t question my dreams if they were filled with Kai like this,” Taelyn told her.

“Are you saying I should just enjoy the dreams?” Amy asked her.

“Yes of course, you should let Ryeowook say and do whatever he wants, it’s your dream after all,” Taelyn told her.

Amy kept quiet thinking about it for a minute, when Taelyn excitedly said, “Oh this would make a great fanfic!”

“Oh no I am not writing this down for random strangers to read,” Amy told her.

“Then can I use your dream and write it into a story? Please? Please?” Begged Taelyn.

“Ok fine, but don’t use my name,” Amy gave in.

“I won’t I’ll use random character names, oh this is going to be fun,” Taelyn said.

Amy laughed at her friends enthusiasm to write her dreams into a random fanfic. “Don’t you have class in two minutes?”

Taelyn looked at her watch, “Oh crap I do, I’ll see you later,” she said as she got up and headed out the door.

Amy continued to sit at the table finishing her coffee, thinking about what Taelyn had said. If she had the dream again should she just enjoy it?

After a little while her coffee was empty and Amy decided she should head home and work on her homework. Thankfully it was Friday so if she finished everything tonight she would have a homework free weekend and that is something Amy hadn’t had for a while now.

Amy worked hard the rest of the afternoon to get her work done, even opting to order in dinner so she didn’t have to stop to cook.  She took a quick break to eat her dinner but that was it.

Finally after all afternoon and late into the night she was done. She had been so engrossed in getting her work done that she failed to notice the guy who was once again sitting on her bed. “Are you done?” He asked her.

“Whoa, when did you get here?” Amy asked him.

“Not that long ago, but I figured you needed to work so I stayed quiet,” Ryeowook answered her.

Amy looked at him, then to her desk and then back at him. “Did I fall asleep at my desk while I was working?”

“Not while I was here,” Ryeowook answered slightly confused.

“I must be sleeping since you’re here. This a dream again,” Amy stated.

“How many times do I have to tell you this is not a dream?” Ryeowook said standing up, grabbing Amy’s hands and pulling her onto the bed with him.

“Wookie this has to be a dream, you’re always here when I’m tired and you’re never here when I wake up,” Amy tried reasoning with him.

“I’m sorry but this is the only time I can get away without anyone noticing I’m gone, they all just think I’m busy somewhere else and don’t question where I am,” he tried explaining to her.

“Wookie, how can I believe you can be on the other side of the world that fast?” Amy asked him.

“EXO aren’t the only ones with super powers you know, they just flaunt theirs,” Ryeowook said.

“Wait super powers?” Amy asked confused.

“Yes, I can be here in a matter of seconds anytime I want,” Ryeowook told her.

“How?” Amy asked.

“Your pillow,” Ryeowook simply said.

“My pillow?” Amy asked. “My pillow can just bring you here?”

“Yep.”

“Now that’s how I know this is a dream,” Amy said.

“No, no it’s not, really the pillow acts sort of like a talisman, I can sense where it is at all times,” Ryeowook explained.

“My pillow is a talisman?” Amy asked. “So where is it now?”

“It kinda disappears when I’m here, you’ll see it again when I leave,” Ryeowook told her.

“Wookie you know you sound crazy right?”

“I know but trust me I’m telling you the truth,” Ryeowook pleaded with her, a sad look in his eyes. Amy could tell her was being sincere.

“I know you fully believe in what you are saying, but come on you’re just part of my dream,” Amy said. “The real Kim Ryeowook is off working with the rest of Super Junior on the other side of the world, he doesn’t have super powers. I’m sorry but I know you’re just a dream.”

Amy could see the hurt in Ryeowooks eyes as she spoke. If heartbroken had a look then it was on Ryeowooks face by the end of Amy’s last sentence.

Ryeowook remained silent looking down at the bed they were sitting on, his fingers playing with the edge of the blanket. “You’re wrong,” he said after a few minutes. “I am the real Kim Ryeowook of Super Junior.”

He paused for a minute, “I am here and I will prove it to you,” he said to her.

Amy shook her head, “How?”

“You’ll see,” Ryeowook said a smile returning to his face. “How about we sleep now, I know you need to sleep.”

“Are you trying to change the subject?” Amy asked.

“Yes,” he said as a yawn escaped Amy’s mouth. “Ha see you’re tired, lets lay down.” Ryeowook lay down on the bed and opened his arms so Amy could fit and cuddle with him. 

Amy turned off the light and crawled into the bed and into his waiting arms, “only because this is a dream, ok?” she said.

“Of course now close your eyes,” Ryeowook told her.

Seeing how tiered she was and how safe and warm she felt in Ryeowooks embrace, Amy started drifting off to sleep in a matter of minutes.

Amy was almost asleep when she heard, “I love you.”


 The feeling of being too warm woke Amy the next morning. Not fully awake she attempted to pull the covers away from her, but stopped when her hand came into contact with the arm that was wrapped around her waist. Being more awake at this point Amy felt that someone’s chest was against her back, she slowly rolled over to see who was in her bed. She came face to face with a still sleeping Ryeowook.

Amy reached out her hand and gently the beautiful man’s cheek, “Guess it wasn’t a dream after all,” she silently muttered to herself.

Deciding she needed time to think away from the adorable man sleeping in her bed, Amy quietly crawled out of bed and went to take a shower. The hot water would help her think and decide what the heck all of this actually meant.

As she stood under the waterfall of hot water Amy couldn’t help but wonder if her mind was still playing tricks on her, “What if I go out there and he’s gone again? What if I just thought he was next to me? No I felt him, he was really there,” Amy’s irrational thoughts kept flowing through her mind.

 “He was there, he really was. Maybe I should call Taelyn? And say what, hey I’ve sorta got Kim Ryeowook from Super Junior in my bed what should I do? Naughty things that’s what she would tell me. Oh that’s a stupid idea.”

Before she drove her self-crazy and drained her entire water heater, Amy stepped out of the shower and got dressed.

When she walked back into her room she saw Ryeowook had woken up and was busy texting on his cell phone. He looked up when he heard the door open, “Good morning,” he said as he flashed her a smile.

“Morning,” she mumbled looking down, not sure how to handle the situation she stayed in that position for a moment before looking up.

Ryeowooks eyes met hers, “You look worried, is something wrong?” He asked.

“No, I just really wasn’t expecting you to be here,” she answered.

“You thought I’d be gone, just like every other morning?”

Too shy to say anything Amy just nodded at him.

“Well I told you I wasn’t a dream and I’d prove it,” Ryeowook said to her. He stood up, walked over to her and wrapped his arms around Amy’s waist. “So now that you can see me in the day light, am I real enough for you?”

Amy looked hid straight into the eyes and whispered “Yes.”

“Good,” Ryewook as his eyes shined with happiness.

“So now what happens?” Amy asked him.

Ryewook looked at her with a questioning look on his face.

“I mean, are you going to keep visiting me at night?” Amy asked while silently praying for a certain answer.

“Do you want me to keep visiting you?” Ryeowook asked her.

“Yes I do,” Amy couldn’t help the big smile that spread across her face as.

“Well then I guess if I’m going to keep doing that, then we should change something then,” Ryeowook said to her.

Amy looked at him confused, “Change what?” She asked.

“Well it doesn’t look very good we’re just friends and I keep visiting you at night now does it?” Ryeowook asked her.

Amy really liked where he was going with this so she played along, “No I guess not.”

“Wouldn’t it be better if we were together and I could say I was visiting my girlfriend each night?” Ryeowook asked her. “I really like you a lot.”

“I like you too,” Amy answered him, she was blushing like mad at him right now.

“Well I guess that makes us official,” Ryeowook said as he pulled Amy closer to him.

Too excited and scared that something stupid would slip out of , Amy simple nodded at him again.

His hand came to rest at the small of her back. Heat rose through her body at the contact. It rose several degrees higher as he pulled her towards him until there was no space between them from knee to chest. Amy let out a small gasp. Sure, she’d spent nights hugging him to her, but that was a pillow. Now she was definitely dealing with coupled warmth and anatomy that was making her blush furiously.

 

Giving her a small smirk, delighted in her cute reactions, Ryeowook leaned closer and trapped her lips with his. She let both of her hands grip his upper arms in a light hold. It was just enough for her to feel steady despite the swirling going on in her head. His lips moved tentatively, hoping for a reaction from her. When he didn’t get the reaction he wanted, he pulled away from her.

 

“I thought you said you were sure I was real. Why are you still apprehensive?”

 

“Too good to be true?” she answered.

 

He scoffed. Taking her by complete surprise, he grabbed her upper legs and hoisted her up until her legs wrapped around his waist. She let out a small yelp and then giggled as Ryeowook lightly tossed her onto the bed.

 

He rolled his eyes and with mock humor said, “This is the last time I convince you. If you don’t get it after this, you’re hopeless!” He paused, and then added, “but still mine.”

 

Amy’s answering smile was nothing short of radiant. With Ryeowook hovering over her, she pulled his shoulders down until she could kiss him herself. She enjoyed the slight shock in his facial features and he struggled to keep himself from collapsing all of his weight on her. She quickly teased his lower lip in a quick bite before his mouth left hers in favor for the sensitive skin of her neck. His breath induced shivers of pleasure while his teeth and tongue sent shockwaves through every inch of her body. She could feel his breath ghost near her ear…

 

“I guess you’re not hopeless,” he whispered.

 

Amy shook her head. “And still yours.”

 

His lips returned to hers. Pressure applied purposefully as to elicit the parting of her lips and giving Ryeowook the access he wanted. No one battled for dominance; it wasn’t that sort of kiss. With every flick of his tongue, Amy’s answered loving the small explosions it produced through her chest and in her head. When he pulled back, he didn’t leave the kiss entirely. Instead, he enjoyed the small, slow repetitive kisses that he peppered on her lips. He enjoyed the way it made her eyes flutter close, but then open to anticipate the next one. It was like a small conversation.

 

As he stole one more quick kiss, she smiled up at him.

 

She didn’t need any more convincing, but she’d gladly accept it if he offered.


 

 

Ok so now that you've read the story, here's how it came about: My friend made a comment about my Ryeowook pillow coming to life in the middle of the night and beating me. We laughed about it and joked how I would write a one shot about it. For some reason the thought stuck with me and thus this story was written. So thank you to MaknaeLover115 for the story idea <3

And a big Thank You to MyHappyExoBubble for writing the steamy kiss scene at the end <3

I still don't know how I wrote this but I hope you all enjoyed, comment and let me know how you feel about it! Thanks

<3

Oh and if you haven't yet you should go read Stranded the story I co-authored with MyHappyExoBubble

 http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/571425/stranded-fluff-romance-exo-kai-luhan-tao-kris