Final.

Why Isn't It Me?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan POV

 

Everyone was puffed out from the fight we just came back from. It was a tough one this time round. We had to fight these stupid brats from a gang trying to claim our territory for themselves- there they are again. Kai wrapping his arm around Sehun's shoulders. The two of them laughing at whatever Kai had just said. Those two are always together. I look away when I realise that I have been staring at the two. I head upstairs to clean myself up and get rid of those unnecessary thoughts. I shouldn't be having those thoughts. If anyone - especially Kai - caught me thinking like that, I would be bashed and left to die in some alley way.

Plus, Sehun would never think of me in any special way. He's the leader and I'm just a disposable member of the gang.

As I come back out of the bathroom, Baekhyun is sitting there, at the kitchen bench. As I walk out with only a pair of jeans and a towel over my head, he walks up to me and drags me to my room. "Um, what are you doing?" I ask as he locks the room from the inside.

"Hyung, tell me," he says.

"Tell you what?" I ask as I look for a shirt in my drawers. I decide with a tank top and slip it on before drying my hair with the towel some more. I get spun around by the arm by Baekhyun, which obviously shocked me.

"You know, about Sehun," he said. He seemed to smirk as I reacted to the name.

"I don't know what you're talking about Baekhyun. You know that's not a topic any of us should talk about. Talking behind the leader's back is a bad thing. Anyway," I say as I grab a hoodie, "I need to go out and get something. Bye."

I get out of the house as fast as I can before Baekhyun gets any ideas. I put on my hood and begin to jog. I try my best to get the thoughts out of my head by running and end up at the place where I first met Sehun - at the lake. It isn't too far away from where our house is, but it's far enough to have to run here. I take a deep breath and begin to remember that day.

I was fighting Sehun's rival gang on my own at the time. I had no idea who they were, but they said that they would drown me if I tried anything funny. I was going to run, but then something told me to fight, so I did. I was obviously outnumbered and I was already beat up pretty badly. That's when Sehun showed up. He saved me from those punks and told me that he had watched me fight. I ended up joining his gang of course and that's how I got to my current position.

I heard the sound of a twig breaking behind me and turned around. It was Kai. "The others have gone out to another fight. Sehun sent me out to find where you were. I found you, so let's go back alright?" he asked emotionlessly. His eyes seemed dark, dull and unkind.

I followed him of course. I wouldn't want to mess with Kai, no one would. He wasn't someone you would want to anger. He was only ever kind to Sehun, or when the latter was around. Other times, he was just a very dull, unkind, cold and emotionless person. No one knew where he had come from, just that Sehun had brought him back one day. He seemed very different to the others in the gang, but no one would say anything because Sehun was the one who had brought him back.

We got back home in about 20 minutes. The others who had gone out to the fight were already on their way back in as well by then. I just quietly went back inside and into my room. I was too stressed and the run hadn't helped with getting rid of the thoughts. With Kai being there, it only made matters worse. At some point I fell asleep. How did I know that? Well, there was a loud banging on my room door that woke me up.

I got up and opened the door. I didn't recognise the face of this person. I had never seen him before. He looked suspicious and then he was pointing a knife at me. I immediately kicked it out of his hands and then kicked him down onto the ground. I ran outside and away from the house. The guy chased after me and I kept running until I came across a group of guys.

There were only five of them altogether. I could handle it just fine and I did. It just seemed to take some time. After I took care of them, I went back home with a cut on my right arm - that was dripping with blood - and a few bruises. The cut was pretty long though. It began from just under my elbow right down to my wrist. It was hurting quite a bit, but I was lucky enough that it wasn't too deep. I made sure no one was watching me and then I went into the bathroom and treated my injury.

It only took a few minutes to clean it and wrap it up, but I had to make sure that no one else saw it. They didn't know about the attack so they didn't need to know about me getting hurt. I made sure that I was always wearing something that covered my arms for the next few days. However that didn't help because we had another brawl a couple of days later.

Whilst we were fighting, I was hit in the blindspot of my vision. Someone had kicked my right arm down. I fell onto the ground and the attacker seemed to notice that I was in pain. He stepped onto my arm and then kicked my stomach several times before he was knocked out by Baekhyun. He looked at me and tried to keep me conscious, which unfortunately didn't work. When I woke up, my arm was in a cast and my stomach was bandaged. I went outside to find the others there looking quite deep in thought.

"Luhan," said Sehun. He sounded angry.

"Yes," I answered.

"How did you get that cut on your arm? None of the guys we fought had knives," he asked.

What should I do? I couldn't tell him that there was an attack. I couldn't tell him that I was attacked. I didn't even know the people who attacked me in the first place. "Someone attacked me whilst I was at home." I just had to say it. "I didn't recognise them from any of our rival gangs." I just had to say that too. I am just a terrible liar sometimes.

"Why didn't you tell

Please log in to read the full chapter