Luhan-1

Those 30 Seconds

The room was brightly lit when I opened my eyes, the smell of chemicals filled my nose, and my body felt it was being held down by weights I could not lift. I turned my head to the side and saw a funny looking machine along side the heart monitor. I felt dizzy as I realized where I was and what I was hooked up too, in a panic I buzzed the nurse as I tried to stay still and take deep breaths. It then occurred to me - a machine was breathing for me.

________________________________________________

It was Tuesday, my friends had all gone out last night and were still recovering from their hangovers. As a result, my plans had to be canceled and I resorted to having a day out to myself. But so far that has resulted in me sitting in a coffee shope for three hours doing nothing but playing sodoku and drinking so much coffee it has caused me to shake slightly. My mind gets lost in the puzzle as I take another sip from the mug, but as I do, I hear the door to the shop open. 

A group of girls walked in, they seemed to be in their last year of school by how big their numbers were, they glanced over with smiles and laughter. I smiled back and returned to my puzzle whilst ignoring all their comments. Every now and then I'd catch a peek of the girls glancing over at me, they all looked the same. Long dark hair, incredibly skinny, and pretty much clones of each other. 

As I was inspecting them, I didn't notice another girl come in until she went over to the group of girls. Her hair was long and red, she was thin but athletically built, but the one thing that made me glance at her more than once was her numbers.

They were blue.

______________________________________________________

"Dad, what are those numbers for?" I asked as I pointed to the red timer sitting above his head. He looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "What numbers son?" I ignored the exhaustion in his voice as I watched the number count down as a very rapid pace. My father turned his attention to his beer and took a big gulp, but when he did, some of the numbers quickly dropped. "Dad no! Don't do that!" I yelled as I took the beer from his hands. I didn't exactly know how those numbers worked, but I could tell what they were.

They were a clock.

_______________________________________________________

I stared at the girl and her unmoving numbers, I wasn't thinking when I moved out of my seat and made my way towards her. I grabbed her arm and stared at the frozen numbers above her head. She turned around and gave me a confused expression, "What are you doing?" asked one of the girls at the table. I looked at her and smiled, "Oh, nothing. Sorry." I smiled before turning my attention back to the other girl. I could hear comments around me, people were calling me "weird" and "ert" but, who could blame them. I was making a scene. 

I let go of the girls arm and started for the door, when I looked back I was shocked to see she wasn't interacting with her friends, and come to think of it; it didn't seem like her friends even noticed she was there. I waved to the barista -an old friend of mine- and walked out the door. As soon as I turned to walk home, the wind hit my face, it was cold and starting to rain. When just a few hours ago it was sunny and blistering hot outside. I put on my coat, turned up the collar, and started for my apartment.

I had gotten about halfway there when I heard heels behind me, I glanced behind me and saw someone I didn't expect to see. The girl at the coffee shop; her hair was pulled to the side, and she looked out of breath. I turned to her, "I'm very sorry about earlier, I um..thought you were someone I -"

"You can see me. How?" she stated in a stern, worried voice. I stood in shock for a moment before I could answer, "What do you mean?" Just then the light tured green, and we made our way across the street. When we were on the other side, she pulled me around the corner and started walking. I wasn't sure where we were going, but I wasn't going to argue with her considering how confused she seemed at the moment.

We walked in silence, it wasn't until we reached the hospital that she spoke. "You're my older brother, room 254." With that, she left my side and walked through the sliding doors. With hesitance, I walked into the hospital and to the visitors desk. Sitting there was an old woman, she seemed pre-occupied with the papers stacked on her desk. I walked up and cleared my throat. "I"m here to see patient in room 254, I'm her older brother." The woman looked up and pointed in the direction of the room, I bowed slightly and thanked her before going to find the room.

I walked through the halls for a bit until I found the numbers 254 in black on the wooden door. Slowly, I opened the door and walked into the room, the room was like any other hospital room. White and very clean. I turned the small corner and saw a girl laying on the bed, machines were hooked up to her, and the name Kim Hae Woo were written at the end of the bed.

"Sad isn't it?" I turned around and saw the girl from earlier walking towards me, "What is?" I asked. She sighed and walked past me and towards the girl in the bed, "It was a car accident last year. They recently stopped the life support because I regained brain activity. Now they're just waiting for me to wake up." I stood there in shock as everything started to make sense, but before I could say anything, the girl looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"My name is Kim Hae Woo, and I need to know how you can see me when everyone thinks I'm going to die."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First chapter yay! So, yea, this actually came out a bit better than I expected. And this was supposed to go up yestarday but I was having the worst writers block! Anyway, hope you guys like it and if so then please feel free to comment and please subscribe! Thank you!!^^