Just Another One 1/1

Just Another One

Title: Just Another One

Author:23elevens

Rating: PG-13

Wordcount: 646

Characters: Taemin-centric, slight!idolKey

Genre: Actually, I don’t really know. ):

Summary: You don’t even know my name, and yet I know everything about you.

 

A/N – Just a quick drabble to sort out my feelings for the upcoming SWC Singapore in approximately 8 hours time. *-*

 

His long-ish blonde hair was kept out of the way with a white hairtie, as was his overgrown bangs, but they were lifted out of his line of vision with a pearl aqua butterfly hairclip. Though the room had the air conditioner on at full blast, Taemin couldn’t help sweating buckets while being on energy overdrive. He couldn’t help it. He was going to meet the person that made his entire world at last.

 

Tiger tank top with black ripped skinnies? Nah, too trashy. Graphic blue tee with a mini black vest and white pants, finished off with his favorite pair of Vans? Too street. Oh god, he is a diva, he’s not gonna like that. Black woolen tank with silver scarf and ripped skinnies? Too plain, but he’s running out of clothes to try on anyway.

 

Taemin sluggishly dragged them on in the dimly lit room (it was 2:39AM, but he couldn’t sleep at all), forcing himself to keep the flood of tears in. Whether they were tears of excitement or helplessness, he didn’t know. Maybe they were both.

 

He stared back at the pale boy in the mirror, wearing slightly too-large-for-him clothes and barefoot. The boy’s clips and hairtie had fallen off whilst he tried to dress himself, and that left the shaggy blonde cut flopping over his too-wide eyes. He looked like a street kid. A girl. Just another fan.

 

Unconsciously, a pear-shaped drop fell from his eyes, staining his high cheekbones. Taemin did not bother to wipe them away, and continued staring hopelessly at himself in the mirror. It was no use, however he tried to dress up. He should have gone shopping for an outfit ages before the concert, should have cut his hair two weeks ago, should have slept early tonight. Taemin felt like such a mess. Today didn’t seem so near by last month.

 

He hung the clothes quietly back on its hanger, leaving them by the door. He didn’t bother to pull on a shirt, and instead crawled back under his covers wearing only his older brother’s basketball pants. Taemin reckoned he should get some sleep, before actually heading out in a few hours time to queue up for his place in the crowd of endless fans. After all, you don’t want to look like for your first and last meeting with him, right?

 

He fell asleep eventually in a hot mess, skinny arm thrown over his eyes. Maybe the day would be better later on. Maybe it was just the night getting to him. Maybe Key would notice him later. Not. He was lulled into a fitful rest by these thoughts, all the while never straying from his thoughts of Key.

 

He wasn’t going to be spotted and picked out in the sea of Shawols by him; he knew that. He knew the idol was never going to drag him up on stage, and dress him up in Krystal’s place, singing to “My First Kiss”. He knew that he was never going to get within several feet of the boy, let alone feel those soft plushy lips against his own. He knew all that. But he just wanted to be there, for him, his huge star in the sky. He wanted to meet him, to prove his star was in fact, real after all. Regardless if he was going to be noticed or not, he was going to see Key, and root for him till the ends of the world. He loved him, much more than a Shawol. But he’d never know that.

 

 

this drabble T_T I couldn’t portray my emotions as well as Taemin’s helpless character as a Shawol himself in this story.. Forgive me! I just wanted to write how I’m feeling right now.

I’m finally seeing the SHINee boys, especially Kim Ki Bum, tomorrow, at 6pm. God knows what I’m feeling inside right now. I’m too excited to sleep. I’m praying real hard for my fever to get lost before I actually get to see that pretty, perfect, flawless boy.

 

Peaceout ~