Taeyang

When Flowers Bloom

"Jin Hee-yah! Don't go too far, okay?" You call out to your hyper daughter as she barrels through the grass of the neighborhood park. Her sweet giggles tickling your ears and bringing a smile to your face.

"Don't worry about her so much." Your husband, Youngbae says with a smile of his own while his eyes follow his pride and joy where ever she went.

"Says the person watching our daughter like a hawk." You scoff and nudge him with your elbow as he drapes his arm around your shoulders, pulling you closer into his side. His fresh scent filling your nose along with the cool spring breeze and freshly cut grass.

"I can't help it." He grins before looking at you, "I feel like she's growing up so fast. If I lose sight of her, she might grow 20 years older."

You laugh at the image his words formed in your head but could only nod as you knew that feeling all too well.

A comfortable silence enveloped as you both sat on the grass, enjoying the very rare days that all three of you could be together. With Youngbae's work, it was hard to get a moment to spend together to just relax. With the sun out and the weather finally warming up it almost seemed too obvious that it was the perfect day to spend outside.

"Daddy! Mommy!" Jin Hee's high pitched voice calls out to the both of you as she runs over. "Look at what I found!"

She shoves her small hands towards both you and Youngbae's face, making sure you both could see the now very crushed flowers in her hands. "Pretty!"

"Wow~" Youngbae says with a chuckle while picking up a petal or two and examining them, "They are pretty. What are they?"

"Flowers!" Jin Hee says proudly with a confident nod, "Mommy loves flowers!"

Youngbae takes a glance at you before turning back to his daughter, "Mommy does love flowers. I had to buy mommy a thousand flowers for her to go on a date with me." He says with emphasis and spreads his arms out wide.

"What does 'date' mean?" Jin Hee asks after trying to wrap her head around what a thousand flowers would look like.

"It's what two people who like each other go out and do fun things together." You speak up this time, pulling her closer to you while resting her on your lap. She looks up at you with wide eyes and nods her head.

"Then we are all on a date!" She says. "Right?"

You and Youngbae can't help but giggle at how innocent your daughter was, but it was downright adorable.

"You're right, baby. You're so smart." Youngbae praises her while pinching the tip of her nose lightly, setting her off into a giggling fit.

"Then I want to go on a date with Minho later!" She suddenly says while jumping up from your lap.

Both you and Youngbae's mouths drop for a split second as you remind yourselves of exactly how naive she is.

Minho was Jiyong and Chloe's son, who was just one year older than Jin Hee. You all would get together quite often, have meals together or just hang out at each other's homes to chat, and during most of that time Minho and Jin Hee played together.

"W-Well, we have to see if Minho's mommy and daddy are free or not." You recover quicker than your husband who was still in the middle of having a mental breakdown since his little girl already wanted to start 'dating'. "Right, honey?"

"Huh? Oh, right..." He comes back to help you and smiles at his daughter softly. "Do you want me to ask Uncle Jiyong and Aunt Chloe, baby?"

Jin Hee's head immediately starts moving up and down at a rapid pace, almost like a bobble head doll as you could see the excitement bubbling up from inside her.

Youngbae laughs and places a hand on the top of her head, "Arrasso, I'll call him. Be right back." He says while pushing himself up to his feet and placing a quick kiss on your forehead before stepping away.

Your eyes linger on your handsome husband as you watch him with his phone pressed to his ear and the other hand shoved into his pockets. That warm smile spread on his lips brought a smile to your own.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, baby?" You turn back to your glowing daughter, seeing the resemblance in her smile to her father's.

"Did daddy really buy you a th-thou-sand flowers?" She asks, stumbling over the bigger words.

You smile down at her, caressing the top of her head gently and loving the feeling of her soft hair in between your fingers.

"He really did." You say and see her eyes widen immediately in awe.

"Why? How did daddy do it?" She asked excitedly, practically jumping into your lap again ready for an enchanting story.

And you gave her one with colorful details, grand gestures, and fairy-tale like qualities that filled her imagination to the brim. Just as you were finishing up, Youngbae's presence appears once again beside you as you feel an arm wrap across your back.

"Jin Hee-yah." He says with a serious look on his face, catching both of your attentions. For a split second, you think he's about to share bad news until a smile curves onto his lips, "Uncle Jiyong says we can go over to visit."

"YAYYEE!" Jin Hee cheers, jumping up onto her feet and running in circles while giggling.

"What do you say to daddy, hm?" Youngbae chimes in during her victory dance and she immediately lunges herself at him, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck.

"Thank you, daddy! Thank you! I love you!" She says while bouncing on her tippy toes. Youngbae chuckles and wraps his strong arms around her little body before kissing her on the cheek.

"You're welcome, baby. I love you too." They let go and Jin Hee immediately grabs both you and Youngbae's hands.

"Let's go! Let's go! Please! They are waiting!" She barely pulls Youngbae up first before they both help you up. Once you were on your feet, she was already racing her way back to your family car.

"Wow, I've never seen her so excited before." You laugh and wrap your arm around his, "I guess she really likes Minho." You say while gauging your husband's reaction. His eyebrow twitches in response but that's all you really get.

"I guess so. I'll have to talk to Ji and set a few things straight." He says with a sigh before looking down at you. "But he said that we can drop her off there for a bit."

"Drop her off?" You ask curiously while raising an eyebrow. He raises his in response with a bit of a smirk.

"Just thought it might be a good opportunity to have some... alone time." He says with a little shrug but you notice the giddiness in his voice. At the thought of it, you couldn't help but get giddy yourself.

"By the way, what were you two talking about earlier?" Youngbae asks while nodding towards Jin Hee who was already by the car door.

A smile curves your lips at the thought and memories that surface. "Just about the time you bought me a thousand flowers."

"Oh, that story..." He nods while thinking back as well. "That was a pain to arrange... You're so hard to please, you know that?"

You laugh and pull on his arm to get his attention this time and look up at him full of love and gratefulness.

"But it was all worth it, wasn't it?"

He stares into your eyes for a second before placing a soft kiss on your lips.

"It sure was."