Predestined Encounter

Garde Du Corps

"It couldn't be her..."
She stood outside at her balcony looking out into the congested view of cars flooding the roads. The sky had turned into shades of orange and purple; the sun barely peeking out behind skyscrapers that filled the city.
Taeyeon was lost in her thoughts, mindlessly swirling the glass of wine between her index and thumb.
That one glass of wine drunk when she was troubled had accumulated to dozen glasses when she needed to haze the flurry of emotions that she felt when she reminisces her past. It was ironic how she tries her very best to forget about the years she spent at the poorly sanitised and gruesome place she called "home". But yet doesn't want to lose the memory of a certain person who helped her through the rough times. That certain eye smile she missed due to a sudden disappearance.

Throughout the years spent out on field, she had gathered pieces of information from outsources and pieced together a possibility that the person she was looking for may have long been gone from the face of the earth. Mr Hwang was assassinated by an association proven not to be messed with. The sneak ambush had caught everyone in the vicinity off guard as it took out its target right in an instant. A huge uproar broke out in the special task forces, scuffles everywhere to find an equal replacement as leader. During the mess, taeyeon was frantically searching for her allies. But the huge riots had caused a separation that couldn't be mended. Only after 2 years she did she meet yuri by coincidence while on one of her tasks. However, tiffany? She vanished.

'I better get going.. don't want to be late on your next job, do you taeyeon?' She thought to herself. The girl had become so accustomed to speaking to herself that it became a serious habit that always brought about incessant judgings from passerbys.
Grabbing the strap of her backpack, she made her way out of apartment hastily.
=============

The grandeur Jung's mansion repeatedly amazed Taeyeon no matter the times she had been here for stakeouts. They were a precaution towards external threats of transgressors attempting to ruin the peace within the Jungs. Having checked every countour of the place, she made sure that it was so safe that even a pest couldnt penetrate the security system.

*beep*.The gates opened immediately for the appointed bodyguard as though as someone was watching from the compounds of the house.

Taeyeon drove in cautiously, parking her car next to the dozen other expensive looking luxury cars that taeyeon probably couldn't afford in her life time. It made her car looked like it came from the car pound. Disregarding the ostentatious display of wealth clearly beside her, she took stride into the main door.
====
"Welcome Ms Kim. I've been awaiting for your presence." Mr Jung said as he looked up from his desk.
"Sorry for the wait." Taeyeon replied back with equal stature.
The girl had stole glances around the mansion every seen she had been inside and realised that Yuri was very late. Seriously late. It was unforgivable.

"Excuse me; I have an important call to make". Taeyeon had politely excused herself out of Mr Jung's study.

" PSST. Kwon Yuri!! Where are you ?? You better get your down here right now! This mission will not be compromised because of your behaviour. You hear me??!" She half screamed half whispered into her phone.

"I'm outside of the gate already. Couldn't you just tell me politely.." The tan woman arrogantly replied to taeyeon although taeyeon was clearly superior in her ranking.

Resigned taeyeon signalled one of the mansion's maid to let Yuri through.
===

Once again retiring to the study, now with the accompaniment of ms kwon.
"Ok Mr jung now we're ready." Taeyeon spoke with confidence.

Satisfied, Mr Jung started with the debriefing of his situation.

" I've requested from the special tasks force two of their most outstanding gratuates that could provide paramount protection for my dear daughter. The precious life of my daughter is at risk each day as the election approaches. Though I do wish I get elected as president of the special task force, my daughter's lives is far more important than that so I hope two of you are prepared to put your lives on the line for my daughter during this period of time. 24/7. I would now introduce you my her. Jessica."

Jessica was beautiful. Charming. Stunning. Elegant. The epitome of beauty. The two body guards could not deny the attraction they had for the beauty in front of their eyes. But this was work and it was not to be mixed with pleasure.

Dressed in an elegant maroon dress, her hair was swept to one side, exposing the white shoulder of the women. Her eyes were light Brown, her nose small and pointed. It was the description of the princess standing next to her father.

Observing her mark, Yuri could not miss out on the cold and hostile looks that the girl was having. The doubts of having another girl as her body guard cleared bemused her. Yuri could see right through her eyes but there was something else in there that sparked the interest of Yuri. Something that she is very keen on finding out.
====