Final

A 'Welcome Home' Greeting

All Jongin wanted after he arrives at home from the dance studio is to be greeted by Kyungsoo by giving him an air-knocking kiss and cuddle with him after or maybe do some strenuous activities—if you get his drift—but he will never say that out loud because he doesn’t want to be kicked in the balls by his boyfriend for being a ert.

But it’s not like that when you’re with Do Kyungsoo.

-

“I’m home!”

No response.

Where is he? Jongin let out an exhausted sigh. He always wonders when his ideal ‘Welcome Home’ greeting will happen. Maybe, never, he thought. He took off his socks—he really hates wearing it—and hung his hoodie on the coat rack before waering his slippers. He made his way to the living room only to see Kyungsoo sitting on the red bean bag chair in the corner of the room. Jongin’s question was answered when he saw Kyungsoo reading a book. That’s why he didn’t hear me, he thought. Kyungsoo loves reading. Jongin sometimes feel jealous of the Kyungsoo’s books. They’re my babies, Jongin suddenly remembered when Kyungsoo said that. Imagine, Kyungsoo even had a separate room for his books. It was the reason of their first fight that ended up in the sheets, not that Jongin was complaining.

Jongin leaned on his side against the wall and stared at Kyungsoo—who obviously, is still unaware of his presence. Kyungsoo looked like he’s shining due to the sunlight emanating from the window. The latter is obviously fascinated with what he’s reading with the way that his eyes sparkle and his lips forming an ‘o’ shape once in a while. He’s so beautiful, Jongin thought. He likes the look Kyungsoo has whenever he’s reading. The way Kyungsoo’s thick eyebrows furrow whenever he’s confused at what he’s reading or the way his face looks so peaceful whenever he’s reading a light novel or when his eyes crinkle when he giggles whenever he reads something funny. Jongin had never seen Kyungsoo cry while reading, but he did hear Kyungsoo’s sniffles when he passed down his reading room.

Jongin had enough of just looking at Kyungsoo and decided to approach the other. He walked as silently as he could towards where Kyungsoo was sitting and Jongin purposely made his last step loud for Kyungsoo to notice him. Jongin rolled his eyes when Kyungsoo still hadn’t given him the attention he craved for the whole day.

“Hyung.”

No response.

Jongin whined in his head. His mind is telling him to just snatch the book away from Kyungsoo, but Jongin decided against it because he tried that once and ended up on the floor with Kyungsoo using jujitsu on him. Jongin sat down on the floor and looked at Kyungsoo and how the afternoon sunlight made him look angelic—and Jongin wouldn’t say that out loud because Kyungsoo will just about it.

Jongin’s gaze shifted to Kyungsoo’s lips and all he wanted that moment was to feel those plump lips against his, but decided to give a peck on Kyungsoo’s soft cheek instead.

Jongin shouldn’t have done that.

Jongin found himself on the floor touching his cheek—and letting out a manly sob—when Kyungsoo suddenly punched him after he gave the latter a kiss on the cheek.

This is definitely not Jongin’s ideal ‘Welcome, Home’ greeting.

“Kyungsoo, what the hell.” Jongin whined while still clutching at his injured cheek. “What was that for?”

“That’s for you disturbing me while I’m reading.” Kyungsoo said without looking up from the book.

“You love your books more than me.” Jongin said, pouting.

“I was already at the end of the story when you decided to kiss me.” Kyungsoo closed the book loudly. “I got distracted.”

Jongin felt bad even though he shouldn’t because he knows that Kyungsoo doesn’t like being distracted.

Unbeknownst to the other, Kyungsoo also felt bad because he punched Jongin just because he got distracted.

“I’m sorry.” They both said at the same time. They looked at each other before letting out a loud laugh.

Kyungsoo stood up and extended his arms to help Jongin get up. Kyungsoo then wrapped his arms around Jongin’s neck and pulled him down into a deep but short kiss. Jongin was so surprised by the act that Kyungsoo already pulled away when he was about to kiss back. Such a tease.

“Sorry about your cheek.” Kyungsoo gave a quick peck on the injured part of Jongin’s face. “Let’s put some ice on it, yeah?” Jongin nodded obediently and let himself be pulled by Kyungsoo to the kitchen.

“And I also tried to bake cookies while you were gone and I’d like you to taste it.” Kyungsoo flashed him the smile that never fails to take Jongin’s breath away. “Not that I expect the cookies to taste bad. I know I’m a good cook and maybe, I can also be a good baker. I just want you to be the first one to taste it.” Jongin doesn’t know if he should coo at Kyungsoo and pinch his cheeks because Kyungsoo baked something for him—but decided to tell him that he just tried to bake—or to snort at his boyfriend’s conceited statement.

Jongin decided to do the latter and ended up being elbowed painfully in the ribs.

“Stop being so aggressive!”

“Says the one who’s aggressive in bed.” Kyungsoo snapped and Jongin didn’t argue with that.

Jongin was forcefully pushed down on the chair by an irritated Kyungsoo and the former had to bite down his laughter when he heard Kyungsoo grumbling profanities and complaining about Jongin being a literal pain in the while putting the cookies he baked—for Jongin—in a plate.

I guess I can consider this as my almost ideal ‘Welcome Home’ greeting, Jongin said to himself as he ate the cookies Kyungsoo baked for him—even if the latter didn’t admit it—and stared at Kyungsoo who was busy gently dabbing ice on his injured cheek.