Snuggler

Moments

VMIN



 

Three nights in a row, Taehyung doesn't crash on the bottom bunk. Jimin doesn't need to push him, knuckles digging into muscle and bone painfully try to force him out and onto his own bed.
 

He shouldn't be bothered by this, but there's an irksome feeling about a bed that doesn't dip the  same way with that additional weight of a person, and Jimin decides the second day that it's the lack of warmth. He added a second blanket which worked great, but somewhere along the night everything got too warm, and when he woke up it was tangled up and lying on the ground.

 
The third night, they sleep in the plane. Jungkook's head is drooping onto his shoulder, eyes closed and mouth hanging open to take in breaths too loud and too close to his ear, but Jimin doesn't mind. It isn't as if he has been able to sleep anyway. In another two hours they would be landing, and there's still that movie he wanted to watch.
 
"What do you mean you think you're sick?"

Taehyung sniffles like he’s trying to make a point. “I’m sthick.”

Jimin’s frown in so deep it’s comical and Taehyung can only smile and wipe his nose with the back of his hand. Jimin mumbles something like ‘gross’ and tosses a kleenex at his face. “’S why I’m sleeping alone. It sthucks.”

And yes, now that he’s mentioned it, Taehyung does look a little on the pale side. And all those pills aren’t the kind of meds he’s long suspected were prescribed to Taehyung for other, more psychological reasons which he managed to hide till now.

“I thoagh you didn’t like me in your bed anyway?” Taehyung finally says when Jimin’s been distracted by his thoughts too long for Taehyung’s liking, and Jimin shoots him a scandalized look.
 
“Who ever said anything about that?”

Taehyung laughs and tosses a crumpled tissue at him, and Jimin screams “get your sick germs away from me!” before he realizes it isn’t a used one.
 
 
The fifth night, he's too tired to care after schedules and the tossing and turning is minimal. He falls asleep to Jungkook and Taehyung's murmurs over the irritating light of a phone screen playing some anime that they don't turn off despite his grumbles.

 
The sixth day goes by uneventfully other than for practice, but even after an hour of shifting on the bed to find the right position, he comes to the conclusion that it was the lack of schedules that day that left him with more energy than usual, wasn't tiring enough to warrant sleepiness. He walks around the dorm a few times, watches a movie and settles at the kitchen table with cereal when it's 5AM. Yoongi gives him an odd look when he wakes up to go to the washroom, but doesn't say anything until he walks out again and grabs a bowl and the cereal. 

"What’re you going to do if your girlfriend isn't a snuggler?"

When Jimin grumbles a reply of 'I don't know what you're talking about', there is too much mirth in Yoongi’s raspy sleep voice as he chortles 'yeah, okay.'
 

The seventh night, there's a weight against his arm, and warmth against his side. There's an arm draped over his chest and a leg perched up on his hip.

“Feeling better?” he half mumbles, the lack of sleep catching up to him.

Taehyung nods into his shoulder. That night, Jimin sleeps like a baby with a hand on Taehyung's knee. He isn’t sure why he ever disliked it in the first place.