Repetition

Moments

VMIN


 

Apart. Apart. Apart. Apart. Apart.

My mother taught me this trick, if you repeat something over and over again it loses its meaning.

For example:

Homework.  homework, homework, homework, homework... homework. Homework.

See? Nothing.

Heart break, it is inevitable. It was better that way anyway, he wasn’t happy in the relationship. Jimin had always thought that when the right person comes, a confession wouldn’t be needed.  It would be said by the unspoken words. The endless texts that claimed her love for him, or every conversation that ended with ‘I love you’ was simply starting to become meaningless.

I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

See?  Nothing.

But it hurt none the less. When a person loses a part of their body, some claim that they can still feel it there. Feel the touch of something at their fingertips even after their arm was long surgically removed. Each kiss between them he would still crave, and like those that lost their limbs she would still be there, but missing in some way and despite the fact that he knows this was temporary, the pain still remains.

Then again, this wasn’t the first time. Taehyung was the one that was known for it, but Jimin wasn’t any better, relationships passed by as if it was a Taylor swift album stuck on repeat. Only difference was, Taehyung was the breaker and Jimin the broken.

Heart break. Heart break. Heart break. Heart break. Heart break. Heart break.

My mother taught me this trick, if you repeat something over and over again it loses its meaning.

“Wanna drink?” The voice from the other end asks and Jimin finds himself nodding and replying with an approving hum into the phone. “Forget about her, I’ll be there in a few.” He could hear the slight but unmistakable sternness in his tone indicating that something was wrong. It didn’t take long before there was a knock on the door and then it opened, it was a courtesy knock, he didn’t really have to get it. Jimin turned his head towards the gangly in looks yet built male at the loud proclamation that he was in the house.

“Get up you little er, stop mourning Taehyung is here.” It shouldn’t have been funny, not even a bit, but a smile cracked at the edge of Jimin’s lips as he was pulled down on to the floor with newly opened bottles of cheap soju placed in front of them.   

“You break up with her yet?” he asks and Taehyung shakes his head, but Jimin in sure it was soon to come. It couldn’t have been three bottles before the two had started to become giddy. Part-time lovers, is what Taehyung liked to call them. Jimin was the first to make a move on the boy his age. It had started long ago, probably since they had their first sip of alcohol. There were no strings attached; they both felt it, maybe a little more than they should.

“I didn’t really like her all that much anyway.” Jimin mumbles against the kiss. Their lips molded  against one another, moving in perfect synchrony as it started to get more passionate. Jimin was pressed against the boy soon enough arms wrapped around Taehyung who was now straddling his lap. As the younger pulls away from the kiss a slight smirk appears on his lips.

“You have no morals.”

---- * ----

A groan escaped his lips as Jimin tried to open his eyes. The light being too bright he then turned away to bury against the neck of the person who was lying beside him. He wasn’t sure how they had gotten there the night before but soon opened his eyes fixing them on to the figure beside him once he could focus.

“Mmm. My head hurts.” The boy beside him grumbles and gets up, and soon slides out of the bed.

“ Taehyung, put something on will you?!” Jimin says as the younger looks back snorts and walks into the bathroom scratching his .

“I distinctly remember you saying that clothes were a nuisance last night though.” He couldn’t help but laugh at that. Staring at the other disappear around the corner Jimin thinks for an idle moment that this had to be the most stable relationship he’s had. Whether or not it meant that they were together. They were part-time lovers. In ways they were perfect for one another, but they were just friends and that would be how it will be forever.

As Jimin joins the latter in the shower he sees Taehyung smile and pull him underneath the hot water with a peck on the lips. Just friends. As their lips meet once again Jimin closes his eyes letting the kiss linger for a while before he pulled away and thinks that maybe he would wait before he jumps into the next relationship, see where this might go even though they were only friends.

My mother taught me this trick, if you repeat something over and over again it loses its meaning.

Just friends. Just friends. Just friends. Just friends. Just friends.

       See?  Nothing.

A/N-  okay lksdfjsdlk DISCLAIMER MOST OF THESE LINES ARE FROM REPETITION, you guys should watch it, it's called repetition by phil kaye and he's amazing so yes c: