Final

If I had Known Months Ago

Everyone else had gone to sleep hours ago. Ravi figured that he should probably be sleeping too, but he just couldn’t get his brain to stop working. He’d been like this ever since the fan meet earlier that day. Everything was fine and he was enjoying it until he heard someone cheering for ‘hyukbin.’

That had killed his good mood right then and there, but he’d put on a fake smile and pushed through. He was a professional after all. He couldn’t let his feelings for the maknae blind him to that fact that they were idols and he had a job to do. So Ravi did the professional thing and ignored the skinship going on between Hyuk and Hongbin.

But now he was home in the safety of his room.

Ravi looked over at where Hyuk was sleeping.

When they first met, Ravi hadn’t been holding any feelings of a romantic nature for the young seventeen year old kid who looked kind of scared most of the time. Back then, Hyuk was just a little kid in his eyes. Just some seventeen year old child who he’d never look twice at. And maybe he was also a little hung up on someone else.

But then time passed and he started to notice how Hyuk was no longer the same little kid. He was growing more handsome every day and his confidence in himself was growing along with it. That wasn’t why Ravi had fallen for him though. Don’t get him wrong, he found Hyuk’s looks and confidence incredibly y, but that wasn’t what first attracted him to the younger. No, what first attracted Ravi to Hyuk was the fact that the younger was so sweet and caring and genuine.

And now here he was, watching his crush sleeping in the bed next to his.

To make it worse, it seemed like no one even considered the fact that he and Hyuk would be good together. Most of their fans shipped Hyuk with Hongbin or Leo. And who could blame them? Hyuk and Hongbin were so close that Ravi sometimes wondered if there was more than friendship between the two of them. As for Leo and Hyuk?  He figured that fan found the idea of them going from ‘the intimidating hyung and intimidated maknae’ to ‘loving couple’ cute. If he wasn’t so into Hyuk, maybe he’d find it cute too.

But he was into Hyuk and seeing Leo and Hyuk being a loving couple pissed him off.

Ravi let out a sad sigh as he focused on Hyuk’s sleeping face once again. Why was he even bothering with any of this? For all he knew, Hyuk was straight. If he was, then it didn’t matter who in the dorm was in love with the boy because he wasn’t interested in anyone with a .

“Hyung?” Ravi jumped when he realized that Hyuk was awake. Kind of.

“What’s up?” Ravi asked, hoping that the younger hadn’t realized he’d been staring at him.

“I’m thirsty,” Hyuk replied, propping himself up on his elbows and yawning, “why are you up?”

“Couldn’t sleep,” Ravi answered honestly, “want me to get you a glass of water?”

“Yes please,” Hyuk smiled and Ravi felt his heart speed up, “than you, hyung.”

“No problem,” Ravi managed to say before exiting the room for the kitchen.

--

“You should tell him,” Hongbin said, dropping into the empty space beside Ravi.

Everyone was sitting around the practice room doing random things. N and Ken were talking to some staff, probably about the performance tomorrow. Ravi had been sitting writing lyrics, trying not to look over at Leo who was helping Hyuk with something. Maybe school work? Ravi couldn’t hear their hushed words or see what Hyuk was writing so he had no way of knowing what they were doing. Hongbin had been with N and Ken until he decided to join Ravi.

“Tell who what?” Ravi asked, hoping that Hongbin wasn’t referring to his feelings for Hyuk.

“You’re crush on Hyuk,” Hongbin replied, shrugging like it was nothing, “you should tell him.”

“I’m not crushing on Hyuk,” Ravi quickly denied, fighting the blush that threatened to show itself on his cheeks.

“Yeah, sure,” Hongbin rolled his eyes, “you forget I’m not only one of your closest friends, but that I live with you. I know you, I know when you’ve got it bad for someone.”

“I do not have it bad for anyone,” Ravi hissed, trying to make sure no one overheard them. the last thing he needed was for N to find out he had a crush on Hyuk. The leader wouldn’t stop bugging him about it until he’d confessed to Hyuk and the pair was dating.

“Go ahead and deny it,” Hongbin rolled his eyes, “but can you live with yourself if you do nothing and someone else takes him away? You aren’t the only one who’s fallen for our maknae you know. Lots of others like him.”

Ravi recalled one of the last conversations he’d had with Kai. The dancer had asked if Hyuk was dating anyone because one of his own group members had expressed an interest in the maknae. Taemin had chimed it saying that he had met a couple of idols himself who’d wanted to know what team Hyuk played for and if he was with anyone.

“So I’ve noticed,” Ravi frowned, glaring at the paper in his lap.

“And you’ve got some competition right in front of you,” Hongbin nodded slightly in the direction of Leo and Hyuk.

Ravi looked up and instantly regretted it. If Hyuk was sitting any closer, he’d be in Leo’s lap. Leo was practically draping himself over the maknae as he pointed to things on the paper in Hyuk’s lap, whispering things right into his ear. Ravi had to make himself look away before he did something he’d regret later. Like yank Hyuk away or punch Leo in the face. Ravi realized in that moment that he had to say something to Hyuk. Because if he didn’t this might be something he’d have to see every single day for the rest of his time in VIXX.

Hongbin smiled to himself, happy to see that his plan had worked. Truth be told, he didn’t know if Leo had any feelings for Hyuk. Sure, the pair had their moments of being close, but close didn’t equal crush. If it did, he’d have to be in love with Hyuk and he wasn’t (Hyuk was a little bother to him, not a crush or lover). And it wasn’t like Leo was going to come to him with that kind of information. Hongbin was super close to Hyuk and who goes to the best friend of their crush to admit their crush?

And if that best friend is constantly being shipped with your crush? Even more reason to not say anything. But Leo was the perfect tool to make Ravi confess because of how often he was shipped with Hyuk. Plus, he was sitting so close to Hyuk that Hongbin couldn’t help but use that to his advantage.

He felt kind of bad, though. If Leo did have feelings for Hyuk, then he was going to be hurt. Ravi might be Hongbin’s friend, but so was Leo. Hongbin would be to blame if Ravi and Hyuk got together and Leo was hurt because he loved Hyuk, too.

Hongbin sighed. It couldn’t be helped. He just had to hope for the best. That everyone involved would be happy.

--

“Hey, Hyuk?” Ravi asked that night after the maknae returned from his shower. Ravi had to work to pull his eyes away from the drops of water running down Hyuk’s chest and abs, vanishing when they his the waist band of his sweatpants.

“Yeah, hyung?” Hyuk smiled, apparently oblivious to what he was doing to the older.

“I wanted to talk to you,” Ravi said, taking a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down, “I need to tell you something important.”

“I wanna tell you something important too, hyung,” Hyuk said, his smile fading as it was replaced with a nervous expression.

“Do you want to go first?” Ravi offered, more than happy to put his confession off for a few seconds. But what if Hyuk wanted to tell him something bad? Like ‘hyung, I’m dating Leo hyung’ or something else that was just as bad in Ravi’s eyes?

“No,” Hyuk quickly shock his head, “you go first.”

“Right,” Ravi nodded, trying to calm himself down. What if he confessed and then Hyuk rejected him because Leo had beat him to the punch? Maybe Hyuk should go first after all.

“So?” Hyuk looked at him with innocent eyes, “what do you want to tell me?”

“I like you, Hyuk,” Ravi said, looking down so that he didn’t have to see Hyuk’s face if the younger didn’t feel the same. God, Hyuk was probably disgusted by him now, wasn’t he? He was going to ask to change rooms to get away from him. He’d start avoiding him and the other members would ask what happened. Then they’d either be disgusted by him or they’d pity him. the whole group dynamic would be ed and VIXX would fall apart.

“Hyung?” Hyuk called and Ravi forced himself to look at Hyuk’s smiling face, “I like you, too.”

“What?” Ravi blinked and Hyuk laughed at the older boy’s confusion.

“I. Really. Like. You. Hyung.” Hyuk took a step closer with every word until the pair were chest to chest.

On a high from Hyuk’s confession, his own confession, and Hyuk’s ‘fresh from the shower’ scent, Ravi pulled Hyuk’s face close to his own before kissing the younger. The kiss was short but it managed to blow both of their minds.

“How long?” Ravi asked after regaining his ability to talk, “How long have you liked me?”

“A while,” Hyuk replied, blushing brightly, “but I only realized it a few months ago when Hongbin hyung explained what I was feeling.”

“Hongbin,” Ravi laughed lightly, “that brat knew this whole time and he didn’t tell me.”

“But we know now,” Hyuk shrugged, throwing his arms around Ravi so he could pull him closer, “so it doesn’t matter.”

“You’re right,” Ravi nodded before kissing Hyuk again.

He was still gonna call Hongbin out on not telling him sooner, though. The visual had cost him a few months that he could have spent dating Hyuk.

A/N: so, here’s my first Rahyuk/Hansik ever. Not to mention this is my first ever. I’m actually quite happy with how this turned out (shocking ‘cuz i normally have a massive list of ‘things I hate’ when it comes to the things I post). I got the idea at, like, 1 or 2 am last night and it just would not leave me alone so I wrote it (didn’t hurt that I kind of liked the idea, too). Lol I sent this to my buddy Luke who looked over most of my writing as it is and he ended up fanboying because he found it so cute