Other Halves

Other Halves

Yunho doesn’t hesitate to answer his phone when it rings.

“I miss you.” He whispers immediately into the silent air, voice full of longing. His bed feels so  large but so awfully empty. He wants to be back home, with soft sheets and a warm body curled around his.

“I miss you too.” Jaejoong’s soft voice returns. Yunho can tell the raven is holding back tears. “I miss you so much, and today is our—“

“Wedding anniversary.” Yunho chuckles, eyes closing in bliss as he listens to his lover’s gentle laughter along his. They usually spend it together, curled up in the apartment, eating ice cream, watching a movie, kissing—but sadly, they can’t this time. But although they are in separate countries, their hearts were still connected. They would always be.

“I miss you so much,” Jaejoong repeats, voice breathless. “I want you so bad here. I wish I could tweet something—“

“Don’t.” Yunho murmured, voice holding amusement, “I promise you, you can give them anything when I’m back. Not now, Jae.”

“Fine.” Jaejoong mumbles, and Yunho can clearly see his pout in his mind. He smiles.

 

There’s a comfortable silence between them, as they listen to each other’s gentle breathing. Yunho breaks it first, worry lacing his voice, “Promise me you’ll sleep once we end the call. You look tired as hell these days, love. I’m worried.”

“It’s just filming,” Jaejoong says, sighing a bit, “And the lack of sleep. But I’ll be ok. And I promise. I’ll dream of you,” He adds, voice slightly cheesy and timid at the same time. Yunho’s smile splits into a full grown beam, and he wonders how someone so beautiful, so precious could exist.

“I love you.” He tells Jaejoong, and he can already feel the warmth of tears pricking his eyes. He loves this man so much. He wants to hold Jaejoong in his arms, hug him tight—say the three words over and over again. Because honestly, his flaws are what make him perfect. Yunho believes Jaejoong deserves all the love in the world. He really does.

Yunho can hear a small sniffle from the other line and he smiles lovingly. “I love you too, baby.” Jaejoong whispers, voice thick. “I love you so much. When will you be home?”

“Soon, I promise.” And he never breaks his promises.

 

They talk for hours, through the midnight, before Yunho realizes he needs to let the elder man sleep. He doesn’t want Jaejoong to drag himself through filming scenes. Just before they exchange phone kisses and sweet forevers, the elder man cuts in quickly.

“Wait. I just want to say something.” Yunho’s finger which hovered over the end call sign slips, pressing the loudspeaker sign instead. Jaejoong’s soft sweet voice filters through the large, silent room. Yunho’s breath hitches.

“I feel like I never say this enough.” His laugh is shy and timid. “But thank you. Thank you for everything you’ve done, thank you for everything you’ve given me these past years. You’ve made me a better person, Yunho-ah. You’ve helped me overcome things that I would never have been able to overcome myself. You have the strength that I don’t have. You’re the reason why I can wake up, knowing someone like you exists. You gave me a second chance, even when I hurt you in the past. Because you still loved me, and I will always be grateful for that. You make me feel special, you make me feel more loved than I have ever been. You’re my sky, Yunho-ah. You really are. I don’t think words will ever express how much you mean to me. But… I love you. I love you so much, baby. More than you could imagine. Sleep well, dream of me, okay? I can’t wait to see you. Goodnight, baby.”

Yunho falls asleep with his phone cradled against his chest, tears of affection dried on his cheeks and a gentle smile on his face.

 

Jaejoong breathes up at the roof, lips curving into a small smile as he holds his phone to his heart. His eyes are b with tears, with his overwhelming love for the other man.

They’ve been through so much.

But every step, they’ve fallen deeper in love.

Because after all, they are each other’s other halves. And without one half, there won’t be the other to complete it.

 

A/N: They mean a lot to me and have become a big part of my life. They deserve all the happiness in the world ;__; <3

Happy Anniv, Yunjae~ <3