Not his bed

Not his bed

It was way too early in the morning, and Taekwoon knew that. The still faint noise of traffic just barely loud enough to stir him from his sleep, but he was too tired to open his eyes and actually confirm it.

The terrible headache that pounded viciously on the inside of his skull was the other reason he didn’t want to get up. He knew getting any sort of painkiller would be a good idea but still… that meant an effort he couldn’t muster up and the bed was too warm to do anything more than think about getting up.

Wait… bed? Taekwoon shifted slightly at the thought, how did he get into one… he couldn’t remember, but his eyes still remained close, listening to the background noises. He could hear light breathing close by and the unmistakable snore of Wonshik- already toned down by someone’s hit… he was back home. That was for sure.

What happened last night? he thought back, remembering a party… Right, they were celebrating with the EXO members. There had been plenty of food and alcohol and he remembered having a bit of both… until Yixing, the bastard, nudged him into drinking more and there was Hakyeon and Suho in a wig and way more stupidity then he could handle… and after that everything was blank.

Taekwoon figured he must have become drunk – that was certainly a rare sight – and somehow they all managed to get into the car, get home and even into a bed. Probably their poor manager and their better half of drinkers helped. Yeah, that sounded the best possible idea he could come up with.

Thankfully it was a free for all till the afternoon practices, because the bed was still too warm and he felt content just lying there, the thick blanket draped over his figure. However there was something off about it… it had an extra heaviness to it that didn’t quite belong, but was somehow still comfortable. It wasn’t what kept him from going back to sleep right then, no. It was something small but so very noticeable even with all the haze that settled on his throbbing head.

It was a warm pressure on his side, just barely there. It wasn’t too heavy either, almost like the weight of… somebody? That realization stirred him enough to actually open his eyes, taking a moment to focus on the darkened window… that he was not supposed to see from that angle if he was in his own bed…

Slowly, with just the slightest hint of panic, his eyes drifted downward to the weight and blinked.

What? Taekwoon stared, raising an eyebrow at the sight before him. He knew that mop of brown hair – even with nearly all of them sporting a similar color – it was unmistakably Jaehwan.

It took a few more moments for his brain to actually start up and be able to think clearly about the situation he found himself in. His eyes drifted down to where the blanket was, their bodies covered underneath, but he could still surmise that they were quite snugly wrapped around each other.

It also explained the weight on his chest that was Jaehwan’s head, his arm resting on his chest too… that was missing a shirt.

The first instinct that broke through his foggy mind was to flee. And he was able to work his left arm free, but the other was caught somewhere under the younger’s waist, making it unable to slip away unless he wanted to stir Jaehwan – something he’d rather avoid in this situation.

He managed to calm down after a second, refusing to make silly assumptions until he got the situation down. With that in mind he lifted the blanket up. Right, they both had their pants on and only his shirt decided to magically disappear since Jaehwan was sporting yesterday’s one just fine. Taekwoon didn’t want to question how that happened, so he collapsed back down onto the bed, considering his options. Should he stay and sleep on or make an attempt to escape?

He didn’t get to think long before Jaehwan moved, wounding his arm around his body, preventing any form of breaking away.

Well, that settles it. Taekwoon thought, his growing headache and hangover refusing to fade and he wondered what was going to happen when everyone else woke up… He probably had to make good use of his hyung powers… But it could be dealt with later.

He glanced down at Jaehwan’s sleeping face and noted with a slight amusement how uncharacteristically still and relaxed it was. He was even pouting too…

Taekwoon shook his head slightly and pulled the blanket back around himself, letting himself indulge in the warmth of another person beside him and before long drifted off, with a slight smile on his lips.

 

Jaehwan stirred from his slumber a good hour later, his inner alarm-clock signaling him that he would be scolded unless he got moving. It was a great way to escape trouble on any other normal day, but that day it made him groan in annoyance… he had hours more before he had to actually wake up.

And there was also something weird with his pillow… his eyes snapped open at that, as his brain finally started to catch up with him.

A chest. he noted and shifted slightly to look up, finding Taekwoon sleeping peacefully against him.

Right, so he really didn’t dream it all up. That made him chuckle slightly remembering the party from the night…

They had a lot of fun and while the others went wild he kind of escaped most of the craziness for the sake of Kyungsoo and a few others that had just about enough of magically appearing wigs, weird dancing and even weirder states of drunkenness.  It was only when Hongbin stumbled out to them, his expression a weird mixture of amusement and dismay, did he notice just how late it was… and then the younger told him promptly that Taekwoon-hyung was drunk and that he should fetch him.

It was already a weird request since Hongbin could handle to older just fine, when Hyuk arrived with a passed out Hakyeon-hyung on his back and informed them that Taekwoon-hyung asked… no demanded that Jaehwan fetched him up from wherever he was. So Jaehwan went, finding their clearly distressed manager and Wonshik with Taekwoon.

At his sight the older immediately grabbed hold of him, mumbling incoherent nonsense and rested his head in the crook of his neck… nobody dared to question any of that as they left the place and piled into the car with some effort. A deadweight Hakyeon and an equally uncooperative and clingy Taekwoon proved to be a challenge to the rest of them.

Then it was time to go to bed… Jaehwan managed to pry himself away until he made sure – as the only functioning hyung – that everyone was safe and sound in their own bed, water and painkillers prepared for vicious hangovers. And to his utter surprise he found a shirtless Taekwoon in his own bed and without explanation got pulled right next to him, arms tightly wrapped around his waist. When questioned he only got another round of incoherent mumbling in answer and a peck to his forehead and he just gave up trying to make sense of it, settling in for the night…

Jaehwan continued to peer at Taekwoon’s face as he stifled a chuckle, because he could just imagine how embarrassed the older would be soon enough. But for now there was only peacefulness… his dark hair slanted to the side and his lips slightly open as he breathed. From this close Jaehwan could even make out the individual eyelashes and the slightest dark lining underneath his eyes.

He will have a hell of a hangover. Jaehwan thought, lifting his right arm gently up as his fingers reached towards Taekwoon’s face. Within seconds he poked a cheek.

The effect was immediate as the older twitched at the touch, his eyebrows furrowing in annoyance before his eyes fluttered slightly open. There was a glazed look in his eyes, sleepiness evident, before they focused on Jaehwan.

‘Hey.’ Jaehwan greeted softly.

Taekwoon’s sleepiness vanished almost immediately, but he didn’t move and instead simply raised an eyebrow. ‘Jaehwan.’

As they stared at each other the older let out a yawn and moved his free hand to cover his mouth. He was still sleepy… the party must have gone on for hours to make him this sleep deprived.

‘You okay?’ Jaehwan asked with soft smile.

‘Other then my head...’ Taekwoon said quietly.

‘Thought so.’ Jaehwan chuckled, reaching over the older to fetch the glass of water and the painkiller. ‘Here.’

Taekwoon nodded, rising the slightest bit up and Jaehwan plopped the pill into his mouth, then held the glass in place for him. They both settled back down as soon as the empty glass landed back in its place.

‘Thanks.’ Taekwoon said as Jaehwan relentlessly smiled up at him. ‘What?’

‘Would you hit me if I said you are being cute, hyung?’

‘Probably.’ Taekwoon yawned.

‘Then nothing.’ Jaehwan said, smile widening. ’Wanna sleep some more?’

‘Yeah. I’m way too tired to think right now.’ Taekwoon said and pulled both the blanket and Jaehwan closer to himself. ‘Warm…’

Jaehwan chuckled at that and decided to ask questions later, as he settled his head back against Taekwoon’s chest… ‘You are right it’s warm.’

‘Told y’so.’ came Taekwoon’s mumbled answer as they both fell right back asleep.

 

‘Do you see them?’ a whisper came from the cracked open door as two pair of eyes stared at the slumbering vocal duo. Hyuk held a hand over his mouth to prevent any form of snicker to escape while Hongbin grinned widely.

They noticed the unusual sleeping arrangement after waking up and sneaked out as quietly as possible, not wanting to disturb any of their hyungs. A sleep deprived Taekwoon was a scary natural disaster and an awake Jaehwan would only bring it on them sooner.

‘They look kinda cute.’ Hongbin mused, regretting that his camera was still in the lion’s den.

‘They look ridiculous.’ Hyuk answered with a muffled snicker. ‘I don’t even know how they both fit that bed.’

‘After how Taekwoon-hyung clinged to him yesterday… it’s not so hard to imagine.’ Hongbin said, just as Wonshik began to stir within his bed.

The blue haired rapper blinked, sitting up with messed up hair and glanced around the room in a half-daze. He didn’t seem to notice the rare sight as he dragged himself towards the door. The moment he saw the two maknaes he opened his mouth to ask something that never made it alive out to the open air, because as fast as humanly possible Hongbin yanked him out the door.

‘Be quiet, we don’t want to wake them.’ Hongbin hissed, as Wonshik stared at him confusedly.

‘Just what are you talking about?’

‘Them.’ Hyuk answered, pulling Wonshik back to the door and pointed towards Jaehwan’s bed.

‘Oh… Oh!’ Wonshik exclaimed and Hyuk slapped a hand over his mouth.

‘Shh.’

Within minutes the trio managed to smuggle the very hung-over Hakyeon out of the room too, who – after understanding the situation –miraculously got better and stayed by the door cooing incoherently. Until Hongbin dragged him away, that is.

 

The two main vocals emerged an hour later from the room - Taekwoon properly dressed and Jaehwan with a wide smile.

The younger went ahead to demand breakfast from their leader…. On any other occasion it would have sent Hakyeon into a nagging-fest, but not then.

The motherly look he sent Jaehwan was something that made Taekwoon cringe… And then he began to gush and Taekwoon thanked whoever was willing to listen that he did not sleep in the same bed as their leader. There would have been no end to that.

The way the maknaes stared at them were on a whole new level of amused too and even his best glare could not flatten their stares…And Jaehwan somehow managed to ignore all of them effortlessly as he munched on his breakfast with a sleepy smile, making their already gushing leader a happily giggling goo.

Taekwoon sat down with a sigh only to get a really bad feeling as he met Hyuk’s crinkled eyes.

‘Pictures?’ he asked in a threateningly quiet voice that only made Hyuk’s smile widen. The traitor.

‘Did we take some, hyung?’ the maknae asked, turning towards Hakyeon.

‘We might have.’ Hakyeon said, pretending to be deep in thought while Wonshik and Hongbin failed at hiding their chuckles into their cups.

‘I don’t quite remember.’ Hyuk smiled back at Taekwoon with fake-innocence.

‘Phones. Now.’ Taekwoon gritted out, ears turning red from both anger an embarrassment.

‘Run for your lives!’ Hyuk yelped as the maknaes made a run for their room, breakfast in hand and laughter loud – that only ticked Taekwoon off further.

‘Don’t worry, we won’t upload it anywhere.’ Hakyeon said, patting him on the head as he handed over a cup of coffee. ‘Yet.’

‘You…’ Taekwoon growled as their leader skipped away after their maknaes with an equally loud laugh.

That left him with Jaehwan who chuckled amusedly at the disorder.

‘Aren’t you going to run as well?’ Taekwoon asked, narrowing his eyes at the younger.

‘Nah, I wasn’t the one making fun of you. So there is no need to be afraid of you.’ Jaehwan shrugged and sipped on his juice.

‘Good logic.’

‘Want me to get those pictures from them?’ Jaehwan asked with a lopsided smile.

‘I don’t know if it’s any better if you have them.’

‘Good logic, hyung.’ Jaehwan chuckled, making Taekwoon smile a bit.

They sat at the table in silence after that, only the occasional and very suspicious laughter of the others disturbing the lazy breakfast.

‘So…’ Taekwoon started, finding his cup the most exciting thing to look at. ‘How did we end up in your bed anyway?’ he asked, kind of afraid to know what he did in his inebriated state.

And he was right to do so, his reddening face bowing lower and lower until it hit the table with an audible thud as Jaehwan told him in exact details what he did the night before.

‘By the time I put everyone to bed and was ready to go too you were already there and you dragged me in too and kissed-‘

‘What?!’ Taekwoon exclaimed, bolting back up into a sitting position with crimson tinted cheeks.

‘-my forehead. Hyung, are you getting weird ideas?’ Jaehwan asked, blowing him a kiss and ducked away from the hit aimed at him. ‘So I just slept with you there.’

‘I’m sorry.’ Taekwoon mumbled hiding his face behind his hands.

‘Well I don’t really mind.’ Jaehwan said.

‘You don’t? I-I mean sorry.’ Taekwoon stuttered out, making the younger chuckle.

‘I really don’t.’ Jaehwan answered with a smile in his voice. ‘And if you want a repeat, just ask me.’ he added with an exaggerated wink.

‘Shut it.’ Taekwoon said with no real annoyment behind his words and shared a silent smile with Jaehwan.

‘So, are you going to mess people up? I want to watch.’ Jaehwan said as his grin grew wide, eyes sparkling with laughter.

Taekwoon just smiled back gently at him and reached over to muss his hair up. ‘Let them enjoy their victory a bit more, I like sitting here with you right now.’

‘Okay.’ Jaehwan sang, sliding over to Taekwoon’s side.

He settled down right next to him as he started to tell him about silly stories he heard and Taekwoon leaned right back against him, sipping on his coffee with a content smile on his face.

 

‘Ah, I remembered something! What happened to your shirt anyway?’


That's it~ And I will leave the mistery of Taekwoon's shirt up to you :D

Remember guys, drink with care cause not everyone is as cute as these guys ;)