01

i'll be there to catch you on the night of sevens.

Summer nights were always the best, whether it be the invisible blanket of warmness around your body, or the endless scatter of stars in the sky. Everything about this time of the year excited you like bottled up fireworks. The grass feels a little moist with the tiny drops of dew hanging off the blades. You had finished dinner and told your mom that you wanted a nice walk outside.

Except there was one problem, you were alone. Pulling your phone from your pocket, you dial a familiar number and wait for the line to connect.

"Hey."

"I’m outside and bored." You cry, "Come out and save me please please please."

Laughter echoes at the other end of the line. “Yeah ok, I’ll see you in 5.” The both of you hang up as you lie comfortably on the grass, waiting for your best friend to arrive.

With your head on your arms, you stare softly at the stars up above, thinking of the countless stories of star-crossed lovers, soulmates that had an ill-fated ending. One that interested you most was the tale of the Weaver Girl and the Cowherd. Lovers that are seperated by the milky way of stars and only able to meet on a single of day of the year.

Something cold suddenly lands on your forehead, causing you to widen your eyes in surprise. You are met with your favourite soda ice pop and holding it was the boy with the crescent shaped eyes and a mischevious grin.

"Oh Sehun!" You shout, taking the ice pop from his hands. "You want to die?"

Sehun laughes so hard that makes you so glad that there was nobody else in the park. He lies beside you, taking the ice pop back into his hands and opens the wrapper off before returning it to you.

"Thanks." You happily smile at him as you your favourite cold treat in the summer.

"You look like a pig." Sehun snorts, wiping the melted drops on your cheeks. You turn to your side and glare at him.

"I think somebody is just jealous that they don’t have a soda ice pop in their hands." You stick your tongue out and before you can react, Sehun leans over and takes a bite out of the ice pop. You agape at the huge missing chunk of your popsicle as Sehun looks at you with a satisfied beam.

He suddenly lets out a yelp, grabbing your attention. “Brain freeze! Brain freeze!” Sehun coughs and squeezes his eyes shut, trying to overcome the pain in his head.

Your arms hit your legs as you burst into a fit of laughter. It was a wonder how Oh Sehun could make you laugh at any moment of the day. But Sehun thinks its even a bigger wonder how your laughs emit lightrays that can brighten up any dark gloomy sky.

In his eyes, you were flawless, a beauty that cannot be described into words.

"That’s what you get for taking my ice cream!" You tease.
Sehun rolls his eyes playfully, “Whatever, I have my own anyways.” He raises his arm to reveal a chocolate ice cream cone.

Perching your lips, you lie back down onto the grass and you see Sehun’s figure following your actions. “Chocolate again? Everytime we go out, you always get chocolate flavoured items. Chocolate bubble tea, chocolate milkshake, and now, chocolate ice cream.” You list off as you take another bite of your now-melting popsicle. “I bet you can’t live without chocolate.”

You can hear Sehun chuckle beside you, agreeing his love for the taste of the cocoa bean. “I do love chocolate, but it’s not what I cannot live without.” Sehun’s gaze at you show a hidden meaning behind his words but you are too absorbed in the stars to notice. “What were you thinking about anyways?”

Your eyebrows knit in confusion until you realize what Sehun was talking about.

"Oh, that! I was just, thinking about how beautiful the stars are tonight." You explain to Sehun, then taking the final slurp of your finished ice pop.

"Can you at least try not to look like a pig?" Sehun laughs and you frown at him. "So what about the stars?"

"I don’t look like a pig, it’s called the enjoyment of food!" You defend yourself with a bright beam on your face. "It made me think about the story, you know, The Weavergirl and the Cowherd."

"Oh trust me, if I only had a mirror in my hand." He snorts and bites into the wafer cone of his dessert. "The story that Mrs. Zhang tried to tell us about but ended up in tears and hiccups herself?" The both of you giggle (well it was more of a snicker on Sehun’s part) at the memory. "What about that story?"

"I’m surprised that a narcissistic like you wouldn’t have a mirror right now." You retorted, catching Sehun feigning hurt in the corner of your eyes. "I was just wondering if soulmates really did exist, just…simple curiosity."

"I’m not narcissitic, I’m just confident." Sehun smirks as he hears you gag beside him. "So what if they do exist, what would you do?"

"Oh god, why does my lanky best friend have an ego bigger than his brain?" He wasn’t really all that lanky, in fact you thought that his body was perfect. Sehun was lean, with the right amount of muscle. Not to mention his modelesque features that you had no idea when it started becoming so gorgeous. You start playing connect-the-dots with the stars in the sky to calm yourself at all these nerve wracking thoughts and the heart almosts looks perfect. "I don’t know…what would you do?"

"Really? And who was the one that tutored you 3 hours straight every day for a month to prepare for the physics exam?" Sehun scoffs, but his eyes twinkle at recollections of you dozing off against his shoulder while reading the electrostatic laws. "I think, I would kiss her." He pauses for a while, "so yeah, I’m going to kiss you right now."

"Hey! It’s not my fault that physics hates me! Beside, I made it up to you by helping you with bio." You laugh at the memory of Sehun going beserk at memorizing the steps of DNA transcription. "Wow, that’s brave of yo-wait what?"

Sehun’s hands against your jaws feel rougher than the time when you were both 6 years old and you held his hand when he was afraid of the clown at the school fair. His lips capture yours, kissing you gently like holding a soft dandelion in the breeze. The first kiss was sweet, like how you have always imagined first kisses to be, except with a tinge of chocolate. When Sehun pulls away, you can hear and feel his soft breaths against your face before his cheeks flush a deep pink.

"I would kiss him back." You whisper.

Sehun’s eyes scan your face, unable to decipher your expression. “Huh?”

"My soulmate," You smile, "I would kiss him back." Your arms wrap behind Sehun’s neck and pull him closer, closing the space once again.

The kiss was deeper this time, overflowing with affection bottled up for years.

Sehun lifts himself up to admire your beauty. He twists a strand of your hair and softly puts it behind your ear. “You have no idea how long I’ve waited for this,” Sehun whispers in a low voice, “You complete me.”

And at the moment when he smiles, you could see him shining brighter than any of the stars in the sky.

 

 

 

a/n: well gosh i haven't written in a long time but please tell me know how it is ^^