Can This finally Be It?

Best Friends or Best Lovers?

 Hey Akane here :) So I've always had this crush on Yixing ever since the day I met him at the park when we were 10. I don't know how it happened but I just felt these strong emotions towards him. 

He was always smiling and laughing but a really strong silent type. 

Now that we are 13 years old and I still have there feeling for him I should confess. I don't remember how I confessed but the whole school knows it. Little did I know that his mom was the owner of the school since we were only fresh men. After that confession Yixing started avoiding me. I know he feels weirded out but we should still be friends right?

Now that we are 15 years old me and Lay's relationship is just like an unused balance, more like it wasn't improving. Oh yeah there is this elementary graduation being held at my old school, maybe I should visit in hopes of finding my bestfriend, Mika, there.

Ha! I found her! And after not seeing her for so long it was nice to be with her again. We were strolling the near by park when I saw Yixing playing basketball with his friend (don't know who but we are close ^^). 

It was around 8 pm when I told Lay's friend that I was thirsty. Being a gentleman he is he took out $100 from his wallet and slapped it at Lay's chest saying go buy some drinks for the 4 of us and Mika should go with him. When they left Yixing's friend motioned me to come near him and he whispered something to me "Yixing likes Mika." 

"Hey we're back! Hey what did he say? Akane share it to me too!" Mika ran towards me and I just pretended to laugh. I was going to tell her a fake story but I just laughed until she gave up.

After we all said good bye I ran to our house to my room and cried my heart out. I don't know why but I just felt like it after realising that Yixing likes my bestfriend. It took me a few weeks to realize that I was jealous and a few days to realize that I should not be jealous because there is nothing to be jealous about since Yixing is someone I can't call 'mine'.


5 years passed. Yixing debuted as an EXO memeber and has a nickname Lay. Cute. And when I realized he was in our town I couldn't help but rush over to their old house and confront him.

There I saw the other EXO members in their garden and he say me.

"Akane." he said.

"Yixing." I cooed.

"I finally found it." 

"What do you mean?"

"Akane. I am going to be straight. These past few years has been difficult for me and specially when I knew that you were jealous over your best friend because I liked her. I really like your best friend and my heart hurts knowing she will never like me back. I know it was harder for you when we were younger and now I am in your place, it hurts. I don't want you to be hurt anymore, let go of me. Nothing will ever happen between us. I don't want to be the cause of your sufferings so please if you will hate me so you will not suffer, hate me with everything you have. I know you cried when you knew I liked you bestfriend but I will never be worthy of those tears. i cried too when you I was told you cried. I used to be the person who did not want to have a future with someone believing that she will just be a burden to me, but when I met Mika, it all changed. I am now planning for the future and I want to marry her someday. I know it's unfair but all I can do for now is be your best to the 32nd power friend. That is all I can be for you. And you can expect me to choose you than my girlfriend because a bestfriend can never be replaced and stays forever and I know you are that kind of best friend."

I was taken aback with what he said and I was also holding back my tears.

He knelt down in front of me and said "This is all that I can be for you. Will you be my bestfriend forever?"

I didn't know what to say so just hugged him and he hugged me back. All I just wanted and prayed for was his answer even if he rejected me, but what I received from that day were answers, an old friend, a bestfriend and best of all a brother.


 

Was it a happy ending for you or it was sad? If it was sad, did you cry? Because I cried too while I was typing this while hacking my old memories ^^

-Akane ^^