BEHIND THE WRITING (A note to readers)

Heart Attack

This story's title is based on the title of Demi Lovato's song "Heart Attack", from her fourth studio album "Demi", released in 2013. The song's lyrical content itself doesn't have any connection with this story.

A part of this story (Min Jung’s part especially) is based on my own experience with cell phone, its battery, and cell phone store and repair center in a mall in my country. About 2 weeks ago, I had trouble with my cell phone battery for about the fourth time. It was signed like I described in this story, with the crossed battery sign in black screen. The phone couldn’t be recharged when it displayed that sign. I have changed the battery for almost 4 times since I had accidentally over-charging it, in exactly same one store that my family has trusted since 2 years ago. The store recently has opened a branch, called a corner for repairing, while its centre mainly focused on accessories vending if I’m not mistaken.

My Dad was the one who told me the problem and brought me to the corner. I was lucky that I don’t have to change the battery in that time. After the reparation finished, we were going to the escalator when I see a bunch of men were sitting on a chair, usual comfy chair with no machine, with their backs being massaged by another bunch of men. The massaging position and posture was unusual compared with other masseurs’, especially the parlor was accompanied by metal and rock music hence it dropped my jaw and made me laugh. Unfortunately I hadn’t noticed the position in more detail that time as my Dad asked me to go home. But that time, when I saw its advertisement in a banner hung between the escalator, the thought of ‘what if Jong Kook was the masseur?’ popped in my mind and making me laughing inside.

Then, I leisurely tried watching Kim Jong Kook’s Letter MV. For me, it is his best MV and I don’t know why I like his appearance there, I feel him cute in that simplicity. When I see his and his new little bro in MV’s clothing style, I remembered the way the technicians and vendors in the corner dress up, then I thought about Jong Kook being cell phone technician too as his background job in his college years with that clothing style.

Finally, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my first one-shot fanfic. Hope this can boost your mood. Forgive me if the plot is too flat and the contents are illogical, I’ll learn more about writing fics.

 

Credit to zeroeightwentyone, songjoorin, racheose, shhhhhh, predascal, fx_harmonix, and many more as the legends and mentors in writing SpartAce stories :) (forgive me if I have mistyped the names)