CAMERAS AND AIRPLANES

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

 

 

 

"But smiles and tears are so alike with me, they are neither of them

confined to any particular feelings:

I often cry when I am happy,

and smile when I am sad."

                                                                                                            ― Anne BrontëThe Tenant of Wildfell Hall

 

 

Seoul, South Korea 

S.M Corp., Cheongdam-dong

10:45 p.m.

 

 

With the blinding lights of the studio, and the sounds of cameras clicking, people shouting and brushing past each other, and makeup artists talking about the latest gossip amongst the top celebrities in Korea, the atmosphere in the building was lively, indeed.

 

And a certain Korean -American in the name of Tiffany Hwang knows that.

 

But can she always pretend to be happy even if she truly isn't?

 

"Tiffany, you're up next."

 

"Yes. Coming." She said happily her eyes immediately turning into crescents. Of course she can. Why can't she?

 

"Snap out of whatever  it is, Tiffany. You're a professional. Act like one." She whispered in one fast breath.

 

But seeing a certain petite woman talking and laughing with a crew member made her green with envy.

 

"Who is he?"

 

"Doesn't he know that he shouldn't talk with my manager?"

"Yeah. Sure he shouldn't. After all, your manager handles your schedules.And she was the one who set up your photoshoot, so maintaing friendly relations with crew members? Bah hambug! Screw it!" Her inner voice said in its most sarcastic manner .

 

"Well, that makes sense... but she is my tae-tae! My bestfriend! Mine mine mine!"

"If all she is for you is a friend, then why so possessive, pray tell?" The annoying voice teases once again. Outside her room, tiffany can hear the shuffling off feet as the staff paced back and forth, busy with whatever they are doing.

 

"Because... urgh! Why am I talking to you? Arrgghgh! Why am I TALKING TO MYSELF! I'M GETTING CRAZY!!!"

 

"Because thats it. You do realize all you are to her is a bestfriend. 

And thats all you will ever be..."

 

"Tiffany? , Fany-ah.. " lost in her own thoughts the red-haired woman hadn't noticed that someone had been watching her- a child-like woman with long brown locks of hair-with an amused expression on her face, the woman braced herself,  and leaned onto tiffany's ear .

 

"Hwang Miyoung!!!" Taeyeon shouted.

"Aaggh! Taeyeon~" she whined.

"I've been calling you for the past 5 minutes while you doze off and day dream." Taeyon said while smiling.

She poked Tiffany's cheek and started" get ready. The photographer can't stay too long. Busy man. From france. Great opportunity for you. Good luck."

"Geez Taeyeon, in too much of a hurry that you end your sentences quickly?"

"You could say that. Now go." She said as she tapped Tiffany's .

The red haired girl sighed." Best..friends.. huh?..."

 

"Oh!  Bonjour I am Monsieur Blanc. Who is this pretty Madomoiselle!? " A man looking like in his late thrities spoke, his voice heavy but hearty livening up the atmosphere.

 

"Umm.. Bonjour.. Im Tiffany the latest model for the S.M Town  magazine. Please take care of me." She replied with her trademark eye-smile.

"Good good! That's the spirit! Lets get started!" The man said with a laugh and a pat on Tiffany's back.

 

-

 

Only the sound of flashes can be heard as the photographer  continously took pictures; his smile never fading away from his lips.

"Good , Barbie! Now show your eye-smile"

*click*

 

"Yes, yes! " His voice sounded as if in euphoria. " That's the look! Now show a cute and bubbly side!"

*click*

 

"Marvelous! Now next shot please.. hold your parka..... yes and lean to the railing......" 

 

-

 

Outside of the company, on the steets of Cheongdam-dong in Gangnam-gu, people hustle and bustle about in the shopping district,lounging and grabbing for the latest copy of the magazine for the trends in clothing style,and choosing the best foundation for their skin tone, while talking about their plans or trips for vacation this december, bringing in a calm and light-hearted ambience indeed.

 

The streets of Cheongdam-dong at this late hour was always packed- with the employees and workers probably at the rush hour for going home to their families for some kimchi stew over hot steamy rice- but this time, the flow of traffic was really indeed heavy, a woman, probably in her early twenties thought, while riding her black motorbike.

For the 21 year old Kwon Yuri- who passed the speed limit of 100km/h, and having to pay a fine of ₩ 60,000 and on top of it almost crashing into a lamp post- this chance given to her would probably change her career and possibly her lovelife- as she never had an experience with having a relationship before-forever.

 

And she was running late.

 

 

-

 

"Okay, time to pack up! Thanks for your hard work!" Monsier Blanc's voice boomed into the studio.

"Thank you Tiffany-ssi. You were very professional." The man said as he reached his hand out for a handshake.

"Thank you as well monsieur. I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help." Beamed Tiffany as she shook his hand.

 

"It's getting late. " the famous photographer started." We should get go-"

 

Suddenly the doors of the studio slammed open revealing a panting, tall and tanned woman with her jet black hair sticking to sides of her face obviously from sweating for running up the stairs. With a hoarse voice she asked:

" Am i late for the photoshoot? Where is the model? The Tiffany Hwang...." her words got caught in as she saw the goddess in front of her.

"There you are Yuwree!" Said the monsieur happily." I thought you wouldn't make it. The shoot just finished."

"Oh, by the way, tiffany-ssi let me introduce you. This is Kwon Yuri, a student of mine in photography. As i would be staying in france she would be a permanent addition to your team as your official photographer."

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." Tiffany said with a smile.

Wiping her clammy hands on her jeans, KwonYuri stepped forward, and flashed her brightest smile.

"It's my pleasure.Tiffany-ssi."

 

-

 

The famous Incheon airport of korea was busy as always, with people flooded over to meet their families sharing warm hugs and kisses.

But not for Jessica Jung.

Clearly she was lost in the sea of people and the endless noise and soumds of tidings and warm welcome. She felt small and out of place.

Still, this woman did not ask for any help. Not because 'it's an ego thing' but because she was scared. Scared of disturbing others and having an earful of what is manners and how she should back off and ask somebody else.

 

 

But in the end, if she could get closer to what she wants, she'll brave throught it.

Even if she'll have to brave through it alone.

 

-

Authors note: 

Did you guys like this chapter? Comment your suggestions please^^ all feedbacks are appreciated:)

-shizu