Capsule 6 : Every broken soul

A Tranquilizer with your Cold Coffee

Capsule 6: Every broken soul

 

[Flashback]

“..I can’t see the world more or less

…Everything is so painful

…it’s so painful

..I could die”

 

 

 [Present]

Time flew and flied again and again, like the water, like it had wings…

The day listening to the court’s final judgment came.

If nothing went wrong, SeoJuhyun would be under Yonghwa’s fostering by today.

And yeah, nothing went wrong, everything run smooth except one incidence.

The old Seo couldn’t help but needed to show up follow the court’s order but he didn’t argue anything.

The court decided to have JungYonghwa as the rightful guardian of SeoJuhyun legally by the court authority.

Soon came, the end of the court trial, the old Seo stood up from his seat and started to walk away but no one ever thought that SeoJuhyun who sat silently all time would run after her grandfather.

“Harabeoji!” The sweet voice called out to the old man and she stopped running in the middle of hall way.

The old Seo and his attorney turned their faces to look back.

“Should we forgive everyone who hurts us?” Juhyun asked loudly “Even we can’t forget everything happened to us”

The old man didn’t say a word and started to walk again.

“Harabeojji…I believe we don’t get to choose if we get hurt in this world, but we do have some say in who hurts us.*” (I adjusted this quote from John Green’s book, ‘the fault in our star’)

But her grandfather kept walking away

“Harabeoji, I want to say…it’s all gonna be okay, harabeoji, it’s will be just fine..you and I, w-we.. we will be alright, we will survive even we have no one left” The tears started to escape from her eyes

But the old man didn’t seem to care at all.

“Let me hug you, harabeoji. Let me just hug you for one last time!” Juhyun still called out even it won’t work; the tears flew like a waterfall.

No voice, no sound, no reply, no turning back. Just two old people walked away further before they disappeared.

Juhyun fell on her knees, cried her lungs off..

“Let me just hug you…You needed someone to hug you so badly, harabeoji!”

This scene would squeeze anyone’s heart till it was hurt and beg for it to stop.

Yonghwa though, was the one who hugged her, soothed her and told her not to cry.

Jonghyun could only look at the scene silently, felt sorry and pathetic to the girl.

How comes the blood turned poison‼

Jonghyun could never understand.

But if the old man neglected his grandchild for 4 years, even more 10 years or 20 years could do no difference, right?

So Jonghyun thought he did a right thing, a great thing he could ever do in his entire life. But the real hero would be Yonghwa who gave her a great big help.

Later, if Jonghyun rethinks about this, he would know Yonghwa did it not to help anyone but…-

 

 

 

 

 

[Flash back 4 years ago]

“…Jun, don’t! Someone may see us doing this” The woman’s voice warned halfheartedly

“No one dares to bother with master’s business, honey” The man told his lover and continued on what he wanted. And what else he would want from his lover behind everyone’s sight

“…Jun, I said don’t… You’re only tickling me, you pabo kekeke” the women giggled

The 16 year old girl walked out from the far end of this library just to see who came inside; maybe she could help that person find something in wanted.

But she never thought she would see her uncle making out with…..samo-nim‼ The young wife of the owner of this house…and yes her supposed to be hal-omoeni, harabeoji’s second wife to be clear.

Juhyun let the book fell off her hands and that made some ugly sound.

Two people turned to look at her way and their eyes widened.

“Juhyun‼ It..it don’t like wh-what you think” Her uncle would say something to hind the truth.

Even the truth was in front of her very eyes. “If you both are doing this to harabeoji, it would hurt him so badly” The girl argued for her harabeoji.

“Juhyun…it’s not..it’s-“

“Harabeoji is so pitiful, samchoen. He is so so pitiful. Omma hated him a lot…hated him to death and cursed him every single day. And so this, no one seems to love him, isn’t he so pitiful?”

“Juhyun, good girl, do you take the pill yet? The pill, dr. gave to you, it will help forget omma and help you relax”

Juhyun shook her head in answered.

“Go take the pill; it will help you, believe samchoen, huh?”

“I don’t want to, samcheon. I don’t want to forget omma and that pill is weird, it made me weak, I can’t read properly if I take the pill.”

“Because it changes the chemistries in your brain, the book could wait until the chemistries inside is balanced, get it, huh? Now go! Forget everything you see in here.”

And then no other choices else but followed her uncle’s words.

“Jun, will she tell anyone about us? I’m afraid” the women asked her lover after Juhyun disappeared.

“No way, Juhyun isn’t like that. She won’t do it” SeoJunhyung said calmly.

……..

Many times Juhyun walked pass the old man; she would stop and stare in what her grandfather did from afar, she never bothered to get close, and she didn’t dare.

For what happened, she pitied and felt sorry to him.

He was pitiful because everyone around seemed to walk away from him.

People didn’t live to get loved by everyone, but if they didn’t get any little love, they would dry out, suffer and be shattered into pieces.

We deserved love, but sometimes we didn’t get then we were hurt.

And we didn’t get to choose if we get hurt in this world, we sure would, maybe by ourselves, or someone else, or anyone whom we trusted so much and we loved so dearly. And it was gonna hurt so badly because it mattered.

“What is your problem, little miss?” The old Seo asked to the girl madly when he caught her looking at him.

Juhyun shuddered “Aniyoh, a-are.. you doing good, harabeoji?”

“Yes until I saw you.” He glared at her “Is this what that brat left to me, huh? After dared to behave badly and run away with that , and she left only this ugly creature, huh?” He asked much more to himself.

Juhyun saw the pain in his eyes every time he looked at her, maybe she reminded him a lot of her mother. “I…I’m going, harabeoji. Have a good day” She would say that and excuse herself out of his sight, out of his mind.

Juhyun didn’t know what was gonna come.

Maybe bad days, bad day always came.

And it came so fast.

On the day the old men caught his son and his wife betrayed him, he was more than broken, more than shattered and much more.

He was hurt, was hurt so badly by two people he trusted so much and loved so dearly.

It really mattered, because it mattered.

So he had some say, so much say…

“YOU SON OF ! EASY ! I FEED YOU BOTH AND YOU STABBED ON MY BACK AND CUT MY VEIN‼ IS THIS HOW YOU PAY YOUR THANKFULNESS, HUH?” The old man shouted furiously, his face reddened by so much angriness.

“Ahbeoji, I… w-we love each other” SeoJunhyung justified.

“LOVE, HUH? YOU YOUR DAD’S WIFE AND YOU CALLED IT LOVE! ARE YOU IDIOT? YOU KNOW WHAT THIS LOVES ONLY MY MONEY‼ GOOD.. VERY GOOD‼ YOU TWO SHOULD POISON ME AND LIVE HAPPILY OVER MY DEAD BODY‼ DID YOU PLAN THAT?!”

“Ahbeoji, that thought never crossed my mind”

“THEN WHAT THE HELL YOU THOUGHT‼ YOU A$$HOLE‼”

“I…I’m…” The young man couldn’t find a word

“GET OUT‼… GET OUT FROM MY HOUSE‼ TAKE THIS AND NEVER SHOW YOUR FACES TO ME‼” The old man pointed to the door with shaking hand in boiled

“Ahbeoji…” The son cried out

“I SAID GET OUT‼‼‼‼‼”

“I will wait until you calm down and we will talk” Junhyung told before grabbed his lover’s hand and rushed out from the house

And that was the last conversation between son and farther because life was too short for the young man.

Juhyun watched the scene silently through a partly opened door from her room.

She wanted to call her uncle when he walked pass but she didn’t dare…Somehow she was afraid she would be left alone.

And she was left…it really happened. Her uncle never came back …never in this life.

The car accident in the midnight took the two people away in one blink, too fast to regret on his fault, too soon to say sorry, even say goodbye.

And for the thing people left were always scars, right?

The scars were there on two people, an old man and a girl…

The two soul that were broken a lot and a lot more…

Who would come to rescue them?

Is time gonna make it better?

No..not really

 

 

[Present]

The luxury car moved ahead from the hospital, taken away the girl who sat calmly on back seat…away and away from the place that locked her in for 4 years, but somehow it felt as her home already.

Until it could see only the fence, she turned her face to look back silently.

Yonghwa who sat next to her caught all what she did

“If you miss that place, we can visit there sometimes” He suggested.

“Visit.. you mean come back?” She asked doubtfully while her round eyes looked at his face.

“Yes, come back, don’t you like it?”

“But…Should I come back and bring old memory to fill that place? Or should I come back and see what I left there?” She asked so calmly.

Yonghwa was amazed by that kind of questions. It seemed to him like she didn’t want to left anything there….even her memory about that place, neither.

It seemed like she determined to live the moment, something like that?

“And so don’t you have questions about my house, huh? What kind my house is, how many puppies I have, there is a pool or not, or what you will see, don’t you want to know anything, huh?” He asked just to test on his hypothesis.

“If I was there I would see it thoroughly” She smiled to him

At this point, Yonghwa was sure this girl looked up to no past and no future; she wasn’t like anyone else, not like any girls in her age. She lived with no stagnancy, no daydreaming.

It was sure had something to do with what she gets and what she has that made her so different but it was more special, since what she gets is what she gives to herself and that is what she has.

Or anyone could tell she molded herself up in such an interesting way.

Somehow he thought he could listen to her all day, her thoughts was so shimmering and splendid like stars, she was so special, one of her kind.

If all insane people could be like this, we needed to rethink what was ‘insane’. Or maybe we shouldn’t picture what insane or sane people could be, and just let them be.

“Anyway, I wish you will like my house, your new house, especially your room that set for you”

“Yes I sure will like it. The tree likes sunlight, water, and the place for rooting. If your house wasn’t in cave, a Juhyun tree would grow up” Juhyun giggled.

Yonghwa pinched on her cheeks because Juhyun tree blandished so adorably and those cheeks just called out for his attention.

“But in fact, I do love cave…ahhhh don’t do this to me, samchoen” And then she just hit on his hands.

“What! You dare to hit me, SeoJuhyun! What kind of niece you are!” He blamed her jokingly.

“The kind which never let samchoen disturb easily” She wrinkled her nose to him.

And then, two of them would enjoy teasing each other all the way to home, sometimes the chauffer would sneakily glance at them just because it have been so long he never saw his young master be at ease like this and that made him relieved and wish for the bright day to come.

The old chauffer of Jung family wanted nothing but the peaceful soul of a young man whom he loved and respected like his own son.

And yes, JungYonghwa always treated people around him kindly and as equally as human who born from womb and ended to tomb.

But the way he treated himself was something different, Somehow he couldn’t saw what he was or what he wanted.

What he could see was what he looked at, and most of time he looked at nowhere, no one there, that why he couldn’t tell how the world outside looked like, because he saw nothing.

He too, was the one who lived the moment, no past to ask back, no future to find out.

If he could he would pursue happiness just like most people did, but since he couldn’t struggle out of this grief and it chained him in the middle of somewhere.

Who would come to hug him, who could get in and hug him?

He too, was the one who got hurt and had some say in those who hurt him.

But he never said it out loud, never had a chance…

He too, was broken, was shattered into pieces even he mended himself into someone like this.

At the inside though...who was gonna look through.

And the scars were there.

And the broken soul was there.

Every broken soul was floating in the sea of pain…

Every broken soul

 

 

 

 

A/N

Brighter days are gonna come :')

See you next week, I guess

Have a good week, everyone

And again, comments will be appreciated :D

I'm so glad there are many people subscribed and commented

Please look forward to next

I promise I will do my best

^_____^

 

And well...tell me please

Should I join writing Yongseo fanfic project?

I mean I can do the prompts BUT MY ENGLISH asdfghjkl HAHAHAHA

Let me hear, I can put my effort if someone, at least one, is going to read mine :P