Chapter 3

Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

 

You woke up to the feeling of pain, striking every existing nerve in your body with each movement. Groaning you looked down at yourself, the bandages that covered your limbs brought back the memories of last night's torture. Stretching out your sore body, you felt the bandages beneath your shirt shift as you raised your arms above your head. 

 


'Wow he really did some damage last night...' 

 

You winced as you looked in your bathroom mirror. The swelling had gone down since last night, leaving a large and prominent bruise on the surface of your left cheek. Dragging the tips of your fingers towards the wound, you felt a harsh and numbing pain hit the side of your face. 

 

'This one is probably the worst yet, covering this up is going to be a pain' 

 

You groaned as you began stripping off last night's clothes, throwing them into the waiting basket by the bathroom door. You proceeded to enter the shower, shuddering as the cold sensation of freezing water traveled down your back. You continued to inspect your wounds, noticing the fading and fresh scars of previous encounters. While washing your back, you could feel the permanent welts of the multiple hits that your father had inflicted. The scars you wished that could fade away like the soap off your back. 

The steam escaped through as you opened the door leading back into your bedroom, you walked towards your in built wardrobe as you towel dried your hair. You tightened the towel wrapped around your damp body while searching through the racks of clothes hanging before you. Selecting your clothes for the day you set them out on your bed, letting the large, white cloth fall away from your figure. 


 

Heading back into your bathroom after changing, you reapplied your ointments and covered up all your wounds. Securing the bandage across your stomach in place, you began applying a layer of foundation onto the smaller wounds, generously covering up the large bruise across the side of your face. 

Happy with your get up for today, you placed the snapback over your head, the beak of the cap pointing backwards as you reached for your favourite skateboard and headed out the door. On you way down, you heard the door next to your's open. Turning to see who it was, you shook your head in annoyance as you realised it was only Jongin. 

"Morning sis... nice show you put up yesterday. I could hear Appa yelling from across the hall." He let out a silent laugh as he gave me a knowing look. 

"Glad you enjoyed it" you retorted sarcastically before turning on your bare heels and descending downstairs. 

 

 

Seeing Haerin sitting at the dining table next to your father only made you blood boil. That 'loving' gaze she placed over him as she reached over to refill his cup with his morning coffee. 

'Black, with no sugar'... that's how he had always liked it. Watching their interactions sickened you to the core.Just as you were about to turn away and leave the mansion, Jongin strode past you. Seating himself beside his mother, the two elders greeted him before noticing your presence by the entrance. 

Mentally cursing Jongin's wonderful timing, you silently bowed in greeting and walked towards the occupied table. The once welcoming atmosphere died out as you drew nearer. You noticed the disgust hidden behind the fake smile of your step mother. Your father remained silent, noting your every movement as you took your seat beside him. 

The tension was so thick you could cut it through it with a knife as the married couple glanced at each other. Your step mother looked towards your Father's hesitating self, silently telling him to proceed as planned. You looked at the two expectantly, what was about to come couldn't be good. 

 

 

Clearing his throat, Park Jihoon turned to face his silent daughter seating next to him. Fixing his composure, his uncertainty vanished and was replaced with a stoic expression accompanied by the obvious power he held over the younger one. 

"Aerin... it has come to my understanding that no matter where you go, you will cause trouble. For whatever reason that may be, I will push aside the trigger behind your irresponsible behaviour..." 

You began to zone out as he continued his lecture, instead choosing to look at anything besides the three people in front of you. Fiddling with the wheels of your skateboard, you spun them in boredom as you waited for his lecture to end. 

"So to prevent any more trouble from you, I have enrolled you into Jongin's school in hope that he will be able to watch over you. SM Academy is strict and known for their lo tolerance of misbehaviour. Hopefully, they will be able to knock some sense into you. You will begin attending with Jongin on Monday."

With that your head instantly shot up as the words sank in. You felt angry and annoyed as you looked towards the smirking boy seated to your right. 


'That was why he gave me that look earlier... can life get any worse?' 

 

 

Your POV

I internally glared at the three seated in front of me. The old witch must have brought the idea to my father's attention and being the stupid and oblivious man he is, he must have agreed immediately. I groaned at the thoughts of going to school with Jongin, with him around me twenty-four seven, my life would be ruined. One step out of line and that sneaky bastard would go spilling information to that he calls a mother. 

 

'Stupid hag and her stupid antics. You've already turned my own father against me and now you release your son onto my trail...' 

 

I couldn't let Jongin know about my gang activities and where I was when I wasn't at home. I barely even attended school in the first place, did my father even know that? Probably not. 

I soon realised that my father was waiting for my answer and I quickly shot out a yes before bowing and leaving the room, claiming I needed time to think. Heading down the entrance hall, I slipped on my blue converse and plugged in my headphones. The music blasting through my ears as I opened the front door and hurriedly walked down the steps and through the main gate after the guards let me through. 

Placing my skateboard on the ground, I kicked off heading towards the only place I knew I could go to now. I needed to talk to someone now, my life was a mess and I finally realised I needed help. 

 

 

I just had to keep skating, my mind was a mess. I really didn't know where I was going, but my heart told me to go to the one place I knew I could release my stress. Stepping on the rear end of my board, I caught it as it flipped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter