END

Voicemails

 

The sound of telephone rings echoed through the empty house.

"Voicemail #1 coming: hey, why didn't you tell me you left?" 

"Voicemail #2 coming: jongsuk, you're there right?"

"Voicemail #3 coming: please come back home, i know you're still alive Jongsuk."

"Voicemail #4 coming: hey dear, i don't know why people were telling me that you're dead. They were calling me crazy and I don't understand why I'm in the mental hospital right now."

"Voicemail #5 coming: dear, maybe it's time for me to let you go. It's your funeral today and your mom & dad were mourning for you. Maybe we could still fall in love with each other when it's my time. Farewell, i love you."

Beep. The voicemails ended. 

It has been 2 weeks since his death and a week since his funeral. I don't get it, how can such misery happen in a week? We just got married 2 months ago and I shouldn't have triggered his emotion. Why? Why is the world so cruel?

/Flashback/

It was our honeymoon but we decided go back to grandma's house for a visit. Well, it's so much fun tho, breathing the fresh air of the town's village. I know it's weird that we didn't go for our honeymoon right after wedding but mom suggested for us to check out our new house but Jongsuk insisted on sleeping at his house first. Yes, it's his house, not with parents or anyone.

Jongsuk come from a rich family and his birth was a silver spoon. Even though cliché story plots told us that their rich characters are usually spoilt brat or evil, well, i believe not all the rich people are that bad. His dad's company as an industrial, their workers work hard and Jongsuk's father - the CEO of the company - believe that they should be paid back for what they have worked hard for regardless of their family background. Jongsuk's mother is a great women and she's a prodigy of fashion. And as you can see, the wedding of Hayoung and Jongsuk must be that grand.

They care for Hayoung as much as their own child. Hayoung, she come from an average family with 2 younger brother by her side. 

"They're here!!" Hayoung's grandma applauded with enthusiasm as she ran towards her beloved granddaughter and her grand in-law. "Come inside dearest, I have cook your dinner." She grinned as Jongsuk and Hayoung chuckled. They then interlocked their hand and walk in the house while pulling their luggage along. 
 
By then at night, they were in their guest room packing their clothes and stuffs after their grandma had fallen asleep. "You must have taken a lot of your grandmama's character and even your smile look like hers." Jongsuk chortled. 

"Jongsuk please haha, she's my grandma, who do you expect me to take my character from? An anime??" She hissed and gave Jongsuk that sarcasm face while Jongsuk just scoffed and jumped on the bed. 

"Yeobo, faster come to the bed." Hayoung blushed as she heard the word yeobo coming out of his mouth smoothly. Hayoung lay on the bed as she feels Jongsuk's arm hugging her waist to sleep. Oh boy how much she missed the village feels.

Days at grandma's house has been going so smoothly and they even went farming together with grandma. But, Jongsuk with his company. Sigh. A busy man has got to do what a busy man must do right? Calls and calls from work has been coming in and it feels like he has been paying more attention to his work rather than the honeymoon.

We were going back to Seoul when there was a call from his company while he was driving. He pulled to the side of the road. "Hello? Yes. Yes yes....." He continued. 

"Jongsuk ah.." Hayoung called out for him yet he ignored. 

Suddenly, a screeched from Hayoung could be heard and Jongsuk turned his head to the front as he sees a van coming straight to their car as it collided. Their car rolled down the hill but their body was thrown out of the car as the door broke. Blood. Hazy sights. 

"Hayoung ah.. Wake up please.." Jongsuk muttered as he grip on Hayoung's hand tightly. "Please wake up please please the stream from the lake could pull us away.." 

Hayoung groaned and panicked as she saw her current situation. However we can't beat nature right? The current started to sweep Jongsuk's feet, pulling him.

"HOLD ON TIGHT PLEASE" Hayoung's grip on Jongsuk's hand got tighter and it began to hurt.

"Just let go." Jongsuk said.

Hayoung's tears started slipping down her cheeks from the pain of her injuries. "Are you out of your mind?! Will you please just hold on??" 

"I'm sorry Hayoung ah. I'm sorry." The current swept Jongsuk away as Hayoung screamed for him when she saw his body being carried away by the stream. She slipped and fell from a sudden dizziness landing on the rock as her eyes got hazy and sounds of ambulance could be heard.

/fast forward back to the original scene/

Hayoung was sitting on the mental hospital bed feeling the braille on her book.

"Voicemail #1 coming: Hi Hayoung, how's your study with braille going? I hope you're improving so i could finally see you coming back to university again even though you'll be in a special class."

"Voicemail #2 coming: hey, i heard what happened. I'm sorry for your lost and i'm really sorry to know about what happen to your eyes." 

Beep. Voicemails ended.

Hayoung is blind now due to a huge impact on her head, it goes really strong that it affected her eyesight.

Hayoung has been writing her diary non-stop in braille since the day of his death but she stopped writing by then when she heard his name on the voicemail. The equipment to poke her braille sheet rolled down the table and onto the floor.

On the sheet, written in braille, it shows:

We could have continue writing our
love story if you wouldn't have answered that call.

 

 

a/n; sup, i'm not a good writer i'm sorry ;-; 

sorry for any grammatical errors, spellings errors or weird errors. Thanks for reading!