Reunited

Reunited - Myungsoo

The first time you meet someone, so many emotions run through you, but sometimes when you meet someone there isn’t that awkward stage that is first present, both of you just seem to ‘click’ and that is when you know that this was meant to be.

Quietly, Myungsoo walked through the halls, just watching people as he slowly made it to his next class, following the flow of traffic through the halls as he looked at people going in the opposite direction. Some people listened to music while others laughed with their friends, others just yawned and went through the motions. 

Sighing softly, he looked forward making it the rest of the way to his class. Noticing that a girl was following him into the same classroom, he held the door open for her as she nodded to him and walked through the door. Following her into the classroom, he took his seat and got out his notebook and pen for the lecture that was soon to follow the blaring of the school bell.

A gentle tap on his shoulder pulled his attention away from flipping the word filled pages over to try and find a blank page for that day’s notes.

"Can I help you?" Myungsoo asked softly.

"You don’t happen to have another pen do you?" You whispered, leaning over your table as you glanced up at the teacher making his way in front of the board to start the lecture.

"Here, you can have this one" He smiled sweetly at you, his lips curling upwards as he held out the pen for you to take.

"Thank you, I will give it back to you after class." You whispered quietly before he turned around, nodding his head, he pulled a spare pen from his backpack right as the teacher was starting his lecture.

Several pages of scribbled notes later, the bell rang through the classroom as you quickly put your notebook in your backpack. Lifting your backpack onto your shoulder, you stood up and pulled out your chair, gently pushing it in after you, you walked up to the corner of his desk and placed the pen right next to his hand.

"Thank you for letting me borrow your pen" You replied softly as his head raised to look up at you.

"No problem" He smiled up at you, nodding you smiled back and headed out the door. Your books were neatly held in your arms while you opened the door, Myungsoo watched you leave as he gathered up his things quickly and came out of the classroom.

His eyes looked around for you, as he held the pen tightly in his hand, seeing you at the end of the hall he picked up his pace but before he could get to you, a group of boys rounded the corner and knocked you down causing all of your books and papers to scatter all over the tile floor.

Looking at the boys that tripped you, he saw them laugh and walk right by as the girls standing against the walls barely blinked an eye at your fall. Rushing over to your side, he helped gather all of your papers into one stack.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking up at you while you just kept your head down and nodded, trying to hide your embarrassed face from him.

"Let me help you" He offered, picking up your things in his arms, you stood back up on your feet while he carefully placed the papers and books back in your arms.

"Thank you" You whispered glancing up at him.

"You’re welcome, but are you sure that you are okay?" He asked once more, just to be sure.

"Just fine, thanks for all of your help." You bowed to him and headed on your way to your next class.

A few more classes passed as you thought about the simple, yet sweet gesture of him helping you in such an embarrassing time. Walking to the library for your off period, you sat down on a table that was hidden behind all of the shelves of books. Scattering your books and materials out, you started on your simplest homework. Placing your ear buds in your ear, you choose some music that you felt like listening to as you worked on your assignments. 

Myungsoo walked into the library, as he tried to find a book for a project of his. Scanning over the binding of the books and quickly reading their titles, he found the section that he was looking for.

Pulling a book from the shelf, he flipped through the pages but when he looked up, he saw you through the space between the shelves. Your pencil moving in your hands while you wrote happily, your head tilting to one side then the other while you tried to link one idea to the next.

A bigger smile pulled on his lips, his lips and biting down on his bottom one, he tried to look away but something inside of him took over and moved him to the chair across from you.

"Hi" He whispered as you pulled one of your ear buds out of your ears.

"Hello, what are you doing here?" You asked, your eyes getting wide at seeing him again.

"Can’t I sit here?" Myungsoo asks softly with a smirk.

"N-No that isn’t what I meant, you can sit there if you want" You whispered while feeling a little shy.

"My name is Myungsoo" He smiled at you as you looked back up at him.

"My name is ________, thank you for the pen and for helping me earlier" You whispered softly as he smiled brighter.

"Don’t worry about it." He smiled and the two of you chatted for a while.

The months passed as you occasionally saw him, he kept doing sweet little things like waving to you first or making you laugh and smile when you were feeling down and you couldn’t help but want to get to know him more.

Meeting him at lunch, you smiled as you sat down and he joined you a few minutes later.

"Myungsoo?" You looked over at him while feeling the pages of your yearbook that sat in your lap.

"Yeah?" Myungsoo looked up at you from his food.

"C-Can you.. I mean.. Would you mind… signing my Yearbook?" You pushed yours over to him as she smiled and too it from you.

"Only if you write in mine" He flashed you brilliant smile as you agreed.

The two of you sat in silence writing to each other, signing your name with a smile you both exchanged books before he graduated and you were still in school for another year.

— 2 years later —

Setting up a surprise party for your best friend, you knew that it was going to be a night to remember. With the streamers all hung and the lights perfectly dimmed, the stage was all ready for the band to come and perform for her.

Checking over your preparations, you handed the party over to the chaperones as you went into the bathroom and changed into a beautiful lace black dress, with black heels, pulling your long wavy hair over one shoulder, you clasped it with a beautiful white clip. Looking over your makeup, you walked back out to see the guests showing up.

A while later, one of the adults came into the room and called everyone into their positions. Turning off the lights, the door opened as her heels clicked into the space.

"Surprise!" Everyone jumped out of their places as the lights , her face showed all of her emotions as she happily smiled. Going up and hugged your best friend the singer happily took the stage and smiled down at her.

"This is for the birthday girl" He smiled looking down at her, you pulled away and looked up at the singer to see no one else but your High School friend, Myungsoo.

His song was soft and beautiful, making the crowd sway in the soft lights, your eyes looked up into his as he smiled once his eyes met him. The night passed by incredibly quickly as the boys asked the girls to dance during the slow songs. Yet you sat in the back and watched Myungsoo on the stage, gently singing, his beautiful fingers casually draped over the microphone while his toe tapped on the stage and his head gently bopped to the beat.

Closing his eyes occasionally and feeling the emotions in the lyrics, you saw his whole heart being poured into the performance. Taking a sip of water between each song, the band took a break for a few minutes while you stood up and went to get a drink.

"Hey" A soft voice called as you turned around to see Myungsoo standing there nervously.

"Hi, I haven’t seen you in forever" You smiled looking up at him as he took one of the cups that was filled with water.

"I know it has been a few years" Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck gently. A comfortable silence happily settled between the two of you as you looked over his timeless face that hadn’t changed a bit since your first meeting.

"I really liked your songs that you sing" You gently complimented.

"Thank you. I didn’t know that you would be here honestly, but I am glad that you are" He blushed while taking another sip of water.

Your eyes looked up at the stage as you saw the band members start to file back up there and pick up their instruments.

"Y-You should probably go" You softly dipped your head while your fingers played with each other.

"Oh… the band is just scheduled to play slow songs now, for the rest of the evening." Myungsoo told you. Setting his drink down on the table, he held out his hand to you.

”_________ will you dance with me?” He asked his hand palm side up as you looked at his inviting hand then up to his chocolate eyes.

"I’d love to" You replied as you slipped your hand into his.

Leading you over to the dance floor, he stopped finding an open place for both of you to dance as his right hand wrapped around your waist, his left hand gently held yours while your left hand rested on his shoulder. Slowly moving to the sound of the band, he twirled you around a few times, bringing you in closer to him time after time, he smiled brighter and brighter.

Getting you to laugh just like old times, he smiled as you wrapped both of your arms around his neck, his hands wrapped around your waist while both of your bodies gently pressed against each other.

"I missed you _______" Myungsoo whispered next to you hair softly, nodding to his statement, you felt your cheeks get warm as your heart started to pick up it’s pace.

"I missed you too" You whispered back as both of you were gently swaying to the music.

Lyrics started to form in his head as he gently sung by your ear, making sure that you were the only one that could hear him as the two of you danced together.

The exciting thing about meeting and getting to know someone for the first time, is that you never know, they could end up being ‘the one.’
~ Unknown