How Insensitive

How Insensitive ~Drabble~

***Park Bom's PoV***


How insensitive
I must have seemed
When he told me that he loved me

'I love you...' The words were ringing through my cold ears as I looked down at the mattress then at him. I saw hope in his eyes as I rubbed down my creamy, bare thigh while laying down on the firm bed. I felt him gradually slide his hand up my thigh to meet my chillied hand. I rose with my amber hair falling down my back like a river of leaves from a tree as I looked at him. And that was all I did, look at him.

How unmoved and cold
I must have seemed
When he told me so sincerely

My beautiful, soft face was contrasting with the emotions flowing through me at the moment. 'I love you...' he said so sincerely. I said nothing. I did nothing. My dark brown eyes spoke in this silent conversation for me.

Why he must have asked
Did I just turn and stare in icy silence

"That look... Why?" He whispered sadly.
I just looked at him and stayed silent as he sighed and rubbed his hand through his shortly curled amber hair. He then leaned in to kiss me. I turned my head the opposite direction and looked at him out the corner of my eye. He slowly looked down and retracted while pushing himself off the bed.

What was I to do?
What can you do?
When a love affair is over?

"You broke it... No love... This affair is over..." I spoke dryly.
I watched him try to take the words back. 'It was just a joke...' He said half-heartedly. I ignored him and looked in the direction of the room door. He soon got the notion and left...

Now he's gone away
And I'm alone
With a memory of his last look

I stood up and trudged over to the window and saw him looking up at me. I placed my hand on the cold glass and looked down upon him. That face... His face... I turn away from him and walk back to the bed and sit down on the mattress. Alone. Now I'm alone. I pull one knee up to my chest and rest my chin on it thinking of his face.

Vague and drawn and sad
I see it still
All the heartbreak in his last look

I've never seen such a look on that nonchalant face before. I broke his heart, but he broke our promise. No love... He said the three words that were forbidden. He looked really broken still...

How he must have asked,
Could I just turn and stare in icy silence

"How could you..?" He asked.
How could I?! How could he?! What we had was a good thing, but he just had to utter those disgusting words. I hate those words! They always ruin a good thing. I sighed as I fixed myself up and put on some decent clothes. I looked into the mirror at myself. How could he ruin this..?

What was I to do?
What can one do
When a love affair is over?

I walked out of the hotel filled with the memories of lust and .

What was I to do?
What can one do
When a love affair is over?

This love affair is over.
What will I do now?
Now that this love affair is over...